As the weather gets warmer, you may be spending more time outdoors. However, there is no need to go to the park when you can relax in your gorgeous backyard.
If you have a swimming pool or a BBQ deck, your backyard is the perfect spot for unwinding after a long week at work (Source).
But what can help elevate your comfort levels when you are spending time outdoors? A hanging chaise lounger will take your relaxation to a whole new level.
As the weather gets warmer, you may be spending more time outdoors. Yet, there is no need to go to the park when you can relax in your gorgeous backyard. Along with hanging chaise lounger, outdoor misting fans will take your relaxation to a whole new level.
If you buy the right one, these chaise loungers can last for years and deliver incredible comfort as you chill in your backyard.
Hence, it is so important to do your research. Buying a chaise lounger with the right materials, build, and comfort will ensure you have a pleasant experience.
What is a Hanging Chaise Lounger?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Hanging Chaise Lounger?
- 2 Comparing The 5 Best Hanging Chaise Loungers
- 3 1. Sunnydaze Floating Chaise Lounger – Best Hanging Hammock Chair
- 4 2. F2C Chaise Lounger – Quality Hanging Swing Chair
- 5 3. Belleze Hanging Chaise Lounger – Durable Hammock Chair with Stand
- 6 4. Best Choice Products Hanging Chaise Lounger – Comfortable Hanging Chaise Lounge
- 7 5. Palm Springs Outdoor Hanging Chair – Heavy-Duty Hanging Chair Lounger
- 8 What are the Most Common Hanging Chaise Lounger Issues?
- 9 Features of the Best Hanging Chaise Loungers
- 10 Things To Know Before Buying a Hanging Chaise Lounger
- 11 FAQs About Hanging Chaise Loungers
- 11.1 Q: How Do You Prevent Rust On the Metal Bars?
- 11.2 Q: Is a Chaise Lounger Easy to Get in and Out of for a Disabled Person?
- 11.3 Q: Can the Canopy Be Closed?
- 11.4 Q: Can You Easily Move the Lounger Around for Storage?
- 11.5 Q: Can Two People Fit in a Chaise Lounger?
- 11.6 Q: If You Have Limited Space, Can You Prevent the Chair from Moving Side to Side So Much?
- 12 Ready To Buy The Best Hanging Chaise Loungers?
Hanging chaise loungers are an indoor or outdoor lounge chair which is designed for those moments where you just want to kick your feet up and relax.
They allow the user to sit suspended and rock back and forth at their will. They might come with extendable leg rests, making them similar to a pool lounge chair.
If you are sitting closer to the pool or in your backyard, consider also buying the best zero gravity chair as it will help you relax in a reclined position.
Comparing The 5 Best Hanging Chaise Loungers
|Sunnydaze Floating Chaise Lounger|
|F2C Chaise Lounger|
|Belleze Hanging Chaise Lounger|
|Best Choice Products Hanging Chaise Lounger|
|Palm Springs Outdoor Hanging Chair|
1. Sunnydaze Floating Chaise Lounger – Best Hanging Hammock ChairThe Sunnydaze Floating Chaise Lounger is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a stylish yet durable lounger. It comes in four colors: beige, apple green, teal, and burnt orange.
The umbrella, cushion, and pillow on the lounger are made with durable polyester. They are also detachable for easy cleaning.
Notably, its umbrella is detachable; hence, it gives you plenty of shade on particularly intense sunny days yet allows you to sunbathe or enjoy the skies whenever you want, too.
The lounger is made with a powder-coated steel frame, which ensures rusting is not an issue. Additionally, the lounger can hold up to 260 pounds in weight. Two smaller adults could easily fit on the cushion as well.
Furthermore, users attested that this lounger is comfortable, and could even make you feel like you are floating on a weightless cloud.
As for installing this, all the tools needed to assemble the chair are included in the box, but an extra set of hands is useful.
2. F2C Chaise Lounger – Quality Hanging Swing ChairThe teal F2C Chaise Lounger is an excellent addition to any backyard. Whether you are hoping to lounge by the pool or in your garden, it will significantly, elevate your comfort level.
It is constructed with a powder-coated and heavy-duty metal frame. Consequently, the entire lounger is weather-resistant as well.
It features a big canopy at the top, delivering relief from the harsh sunlight on certain days. However, the umbrella does come off if you prefer the sun’s rays.
Moreover, this outdoor hanging lounge chair is wide and sturdy, too, and can support 330 pounds in weight. Hence, a larger person can easily use this lounger, while two adults could lie next to each other.
3. Belleze Hanging Chaise Lounger – Durable Hammock Chair with StandThe Belleze Hanging Chaise Lounger comes in a very exciting orange color, which is sure to brighten up any backyard or outdoor space. The simplistic and sleek design ensures it will fit in with your existing outdoor furniture and features.
Its base has a sturdy design, while the legs have rubber feet to ensure the lounger remains rooted to the spot. Its heavy-duty metal frame is powder coated to prevent rust, too.
Additionally, this chair can support a weight of up to 265 pounds. Furthermore, it features a detachable canopy to offer shade when necessary. It also has armrests for added comfort.
Moreover, this hammock chair will swing comfortably when you are sitting on it. Don’t worry about damaging the product through rocking; it is designed for that purpose.
The chair’s cushion is crafted with weather-friendly polyester, too, alongside around two inches of foam filled into it. Hence, you will never feel the base of this lounger when lying on the cushion.
Finally, setting up the lounger is very simple. Detailed instructions and accessories are included in the packaging.
4. Best Choice Products Hanging Chaise Lounger – Comfortable Hanging Chaise LoungeThe Best Choice Products Hanging Chaise Lounger features a well-designed and modern aesthetic. The chaise lounger is available in three color options – teal, green, and red or orange.
The lounger’s polyester cushion ensures comfort for all users. It also features a built-in pillow for added relaxation.
Moreover, those who are lying on the chaise lounger can enjoy the shade thanks to a small and detachable umbrella at the top.
Additionally, this hanging chaise lounger can handle a maximum weight of 265 pounds, too, ensuring that heavier users will not have any issues lying down for extended periods of time. Plus, its polyester cushion is detachable and easily cleanable.
Best Choice Products’ chaise lounger is constructed with a powder-coated metal frame, while the polyester cushions are water-resistant. The curved design is not only comfortable and relaxing, but it is also very stylish and would add to the aesthetic of any backyard.
5. Palm Springs Outdoor Hanging Chair – Heavy-Duty Hanging Chair LoungerThe Palm Springs Outdoor Hanging Chair has a minimalistic design, but still packs plenty of features. Its sturdy steel frame is coated to ensure long-term durability, with no issues of rust reported. Meanwhile, its cushions and pillow are covered by a fade resistant Textilene fabric.
Notably, both the umbrella at the top of the lounger and the 160g polyester cushion can come off, too. Moreover, it is available in two colors: teal and cream. The teal color will stand out perfectly in any outdoor space, while the teal easily blends in with stone pavers or other surfaces.
Lastly, this hanging lounger swing can rock back and forth even with a weight of up to 265 pounds on it.
What are the Most Common Hanging Chaise Lounger Issues?
- Weight Support: It is a big disappointment to receive a chair only to realize that you cannot even use it safely. In case you weren’t aware, hanging chaise loungers all have a weight limit. People who aren’t sure to check the weight limit beforehand.
- Durability and Protection: Many people want to use their hanging chaise lounger outdoors. If this is you, check to see if the materials are resistant to things such as rust and minor scratches. With something simple like an extra coat of black powder on the frame, your lounger can be much more resistant to these sorts of problems.
- No Spare Parts: Even high-quality metal parts are prone to wear and tear. If the metal loop for hanging your lounger breaks, as an example, you can’t even use it anymore. Then, it’s important to know that not all manufacturers have spare parts ready to sell you. Make sure that there are either spare parts included, or that there is at least the option to buy them.
Features of the Best Hanging Chaise Loungers
Now that we have covered some of the most common problems that people can face with their hanging chaise loungers, we want to help you understand what to expect before you buy one. Keeping this in mind, let’s go ahead and explore the features that we consistently find in the highest quality hanging chaise loungers.
Plenty of Weight Support
Not everybody will have a problem with weight support, but many people will need to check these specifications first. As a general rule of thumb, people who weigh under 200 pounds will be able to purchase just about any of the best hanging chaise loungers. If your weight is at or above this number, you should check the weight limit for each of your top options first.
Durable Frame & Suspension
Even those who take good care of their hanging chaise lounger can end up with a broken frame if they don’t check how durable the frame and suspension is. Ideally, the frame and suspension parts should be made with steel or another type of durable metal.
As a general rule of thumb, if you wouldn’t trust your health and safety with the materials used here, then you shouldn’t buy it. Since steel is used in various types of safety gear for extreme sports, you can also trust it for holding you in a suspended position on your lounger.
Weather-Resistant Materials & Replacement Parts
Although you may not be as concerned with minor scuffs and scratches, rust is a different story. After all, rust can quickly spread and leave you with a destroyed frame. Check to make sure that the frame is weather resistant. Especially if you want to use it outdoors. It is also nice to have replacement parts either available for purchase or included with the product so that minor breaks won’t ruin your lounger.
A Nice Warranty
To be clear, this isn’t something which you will find in all chaise loungers. If there is a warranty which covers the parts for at least one year, though, you will have a lot more peace of mind. A warranty is also a good sign that even the manufacturer is confident about the durability of their products.
Extendable Leg Rests & Plenty of Cushion
One of the most common reasons for purchasing a chaise lounger is for the unique type of comfort that they provide. Make sure there is enough cushion and comfort features. Some chaise lounges also extend the leg rests. Decide what type of comfort features you want, and find a chair that has them.
Things To Know Before Buying a Hanging Chaise Lounger
The difference between sitting in a boring lawn chair and relaxing on a hanging chaise lounger is impossible to overstate. The level of comfort you will experience is exceptional. However, your experience may differ depending on the product you purchase.
Hence, when considering a hanging chaise lounger, it is important to remember why you are making this purchase. Think about how often you will use your chair, where it will be located, and how long you want it to last.
Build and Durability
The last thing you want is to spend money on a hanging chair only for it to fall apart within a few months. You need to remember that the lounger will be sitting outdoors most of the time and will be exposed to the elements. People will be lying on it almost every day, too, especially in the warmer months.
So, what type of material can hold up to such use? The best material for hanging chaise loungers is steel.
If a chaise lounger looks amazing and is made of durable materials, it is a good sign. However, if lying down on it is not an enjoyable experience, then it is not worth the money.
Usually, the cushions on a quality lounger are filled with foam to further increase comfort. Take note that if its cushions and pillows are very thin, it will feel rough and uncomfortable.
Also, if your elders have back pain or other health problems related to posture, an ergonomic recliner will be of great help
Any piece of furniture you place outdoors will be exposed to the elements. Even if you move your furniture to a covered area before a big storm, you cannot always keep it away from the elements. Besides, a month of intense heat can damage certain materials, too.
Hence, when buying an outdoor chaise lounger, only go for products that are weatherproof. The said products are usually constructed with a durable and coated frame and feature weatherproof covers for their cushions and pillows.
Polyester is the most common material used. It is an affordable material that helps keep the best loungers within range for budget-oriented consumers. Additionally, it is also resistant to rain, snow, intense heat, and humidity.
A good hanging lounger out to have a UV protective coating for the polyester cover, too. That coating ensures that intense sunlight does not wear the color off the cover.
How will the lounger look when it is placed next to your pool or in your backyard? Aesthetics matter a lot when choosing any type of lawn furniture. If you have a set style for all the furniture and features in your backyard, make sure the chaise lounger matches that style.
Most lounger frames are almost always black, but you can choose the color for the cushions and pillows.
FAQs About Hanging Chaise Loungers
Q: How Do You Prevent Rust On the Metal Bars?
Usually, the metal bars on most hanging chaise loungers are already coated. However, more protection does not hurt.
For one, you can paint the whole frame assembly with rust-proof spray paint. Let it dry, then add another coat.
Alternatively, you can use an anti-corrosion lacquer. The lacquer has a corrosion inhibitor that penetrates the damaged region and neutralizes the rust.
Finally, keep the lounger out of the rain and to store it during winter. In case of unexpected rain, wipe it down with WD-40 before storage.
Q: Is a Chaise Lounger Easy to Get in and Out of for a Disabled Person?
It depends on the disability, but it’s usually not easy to get in and out of. The height off of the ground varies for different chaise loungers, but it is typically between two to five feet.
Such a distance off the ground combined with the fact that the loungers tend to move or swing while trying to get in and out makes it unsafe for disabled people unless they have help.
Additionally, depending on its stability, there is also the potential risk of tipping over.
Q: Can the Canopy Be Closed?
Again, it depends on the brand. However, for most brands including the ones discussed above, the canopy can be removed but not closed.
As a result, if you want to enjoy the sun without shade, you have to remove the entire canopy. The best loungers ensure removing the canopy is effortless and will take the least amount of time, anyway.
On the other hand, if you are concerned about stability, then you shouldn’t be because the canopy does not influence the lounger’s stability.
Q: Can You Easily Move the Lounger Around for Storage?
No. Hanging chaise loungers are designed to support more than 265 pounds. As a result, they are quite heavy: Most weigh more than 80 pounds.
With that in mind, it is clear that moving the lounger around for storage can be a hassle. Hence, to help facilitate convenience, it is advisable to purchase a patio furniture cover instead.
Patio furniture covers are water repellent, sturdy, ventilated, and come with fasteners to ensure the cover stays put in windy conditions.
Usually, the manufacturer of your hanging chaise lounger will have covers as well, but you can get any cover you desire as long as it completely covers your lounger.
Q: Can Two People Fit in a Chaise Lounger?
It depends on the combined weight of the people in question. If the combined weight does not exceed the capacity of the lounger, they can fit.
However, if the combined weight exceeds the capacity by a significant margin, then the lounger will probably break.
Q: If You Have Limited Space, Can You Prevent the Chair from Moving Side to Side So Much?
Yes, but only if you are extremely handy and creative. There is no one way of doing this, but most people have used a bungee cord from the bar to the chair to prevent excessive side to side movement.
Ready To Buy The Best Hanging Chaise Loungers?
What matters the most in a hanging chaise lounger? Some would say durability, while others point to comfort. Think about what feature matters the most to you. It will help you select the chaise lounger that is ideal for your home.
The products mentioned in this guide were thoroughly researched and tested to ensure they offer homeowners the relaxing experience they deserve. Hence, any of these would be excellent.