Han Solo is one of the most heroic and well-known fictional characters. He has inspired and continues to inspire multiple generations (Source).
If you decide to go as Han Solo for either Halloween or cosplay; then here is a review of the top five Han Solo costumes, you can choose from.
The Best Han Solo Costumes 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Han Solo Costumes 2018
- 2 1. Men’s Classic Grand Heritage Han Solo Costume — Most In-Demand Costume
- 3 2. Star Wars Hoth Han Solo Adult Costume — The Best Han Solo Costume for Cold Weather
- 4 3. Star Wars Women’s Han Solo Costume — The Most Stylish Han Solo Costume
- 5 4. Classic Deluxe Han Solo Child Costume — The Most Adorable Han Solo Costume
- 6 5. Han Solo Toddler Costume — The Cutest Han Solo Costume
- 7 What to Consider Before Purchasing a Han Solo Costume
- 8 Our Final Take
|Men’s Classic Grand Heritage Han Solo Costume|
|Star Wars Hoth Han Solo Adult Costume|
|Star Wars Women’s Han Solo Costume|
|Classic Deluxe Han Solo Child Costume|
|Han Solo Toddler Costume|
1. Men’s Classic Grand Heritage Han Solo Costume — Most In-Demand CostumeMost people—even the timidest ones—would thoroughly enjoy being an outlaw for a day. The Men’s Classic Grand Heritage Han Solo Costume allows you to live out this desire. The costume lets you embody one of the most beloved outlaws—Han Solo. Han Solo is a self-absorbed gun-slinging outlaw smuggler with a heart of gold and a penchant for heroism.
Though Han’s ensemble is relatively simple compared to other costumes, its heroic symbolism makes it one of the most in-demand costumes for cosplay and Halloween. This particular costume draws its inspiration from Star Wars: A New Hope. It consists of a vest, a shirt, pants, gun belt with a holster and a pair of boot tops.
The ¾ length sleeves pullover shirt has a V-placket and stand-up collar. The shirt looks right at home underneath the vest. It has the added advantage of being flexible and comfortable enough to ensure the wearer isn’t hindered as he draws his blaster. The multiple front and back cargo pockets on the vest infuse a touch of danger into the costume.
Made to resemble what Harrison Ford wore on the movie, the pants have red segmented stripes down the side. The leg holster gun belt—the item most synonymous with Han—is infused with intricate details. The attached “greeblie” details are part of the detailing meant to evoke an authentic Star Wars look.
The holster gun belt fastens with hook and loop closure at the hips and thigh for convenience and tight fitting. The boot tops with elastic bands underfoot complete the Han Solo look. The blaster is available separately at an affordable price. With the blaster in place, you will be ready to board the Millennium Falcon, go on amazing adventures and accomplish heroic feats.
The costume is available in all the standard sizes for adult men. The essential thing to note is that costume sizing is not similar to clothing sizing. Therefore, go through the sizing chart carefully before selecting the size that will fit you best.
2. Star Wars Hoth Han Solo Adult Costume — The Best Han Solo Costume for Cold WeatherIf you are a Star Wars fan, then you vividly remember when Han was on the ice world in Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. One of the most memorable aspects of that episode was Han Solo substituting his classic shirt and vest for a brown anorak.
Yes, there is a debate on whether the anorak was actually blue or brown but you can rest easy in knowing the costume has gotten it right. See, due to post-production color grading, the anorak appeared navy blue on screen, but in reality, it was brown. Other than the jacket, the costume is made up of seven different items.
The items making up the costume include pants, a hat, a belt, boot covers, wrist cuffs, a scarf, and gloves. The molded plastic belt complete with an attached holster is brown so that it can perfectly complement the jacket. Also, the belt has a hook and loop closure for secure fastening.
The beige pants have an elastic waist for easy fitting, and the hat has a stiff bill with a hook and loop closure under the chin. The pull-on gloves are made from knitted fabric for warmth, and the scarf is light polyester which facilitates soft draping. That means you can drape the scarf according to your preference.
The wrist cuffs and the mukluk style boot covers complete the look. It is important to note that every item making up the costume and all the details incorporated pay homage to the original look from Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back.
The costume is available in three sizes—medium, large and extra-large.
3. Star Wars Women’s Han Solo Costume — The Most Stylish Han Solo CostumeIt is possible to save the galaxy and look good while doing it. The Women’s Han Solo costume aims to accomplish just that. Similar to the Men’s Classic Grand heritage Han Solo costume discussed above, this costume draws its inspiration from Star Wars a New Hope. It replicates that look with the added advantage of being trendy, fashionable and badass.
The costume is made up of four items—a shirt, pants, belt and a holster. Instead of a separate vest, the pull-on shirt has an attached vest which makes the ensemble less bulky, trendier and better fitting. The pants have a printed design on the side which resembles the design on Han’s pants. The pants also have attached boot tops that can be worn over any pair of black boots.
The centerpiece of this costume is the detailed gun holster. The holster has a hook and loop closure on leg and waist for easier fastening. The double closure also ensures the holster fits perfectly and will not keep dropping down. The printed design on the holster elevates it from just a utility piece to fashion.
The blaster is an important part of the costume, but it comes as a separate piece. Ensure you get the blaster because only then will you be able to embody the cheeky, brave and heroic Han Solo fully. Note that while you can purchase the costume solo, it also makes for a perfect group or couple’s Star Wars look.
The costume is available in four standard sizes—extra-small, small, medium and large.
4. Classic Deluxe Han Solo Child Costume — The Most Adorable Han Solo CostumeStar Wars is a cult classic that is passed on from generation to generation. Children grow up with an innate understanding of the force, the Millennium Falcon, and the Rebellion. Even more than that, Star Wars characters are as real to most kids as real friends are.
It is therefore not a stretch than your son or daughter might want Han Solo costume for more than just for Halloween or school’s costume day. He/she will want to wear the costume around the house pretending to be the heroic Han Solo. If that is the case, then this Classic Deluxe Han Solo Child Costume is the perfect fit.
The costume is made up of only two pieces so that the child is not overwhelmed with multiple items. It consists of pants with attached boot tops and a shirt with an attached vest. Unlike in adult Han Solo costumes, the cream colored shirt is long sleeved to keep your child warm. The attached vest has usable pockets, something kids will appreciate.
The navy blue pants with attached boot tops have red stripes at the side to resemble Han’s pants. A significant benefit of this Han Solo’s child costume is that it is unisex. If your daughter decides to ditch princess Leia costume this Halloween and go as Han Solo instead, then the Classic Deluxe Han Solo Child costume has you covered.
The costume does not come with the holster or the blaster. However, you can get both separately at an affordable price. The costume is available in standard child sizes—small, medium and large. Just remember that costume sizes do not resemble standard clothing sizes.
5. Han Solo Toddler Costume — The Cutest Han Solo CostumeNothing ticks the cute factor box better than this costume does. It consists of only one item—a jumpsuit. Just because it is a one piece does not mean it is inferior to other multi-pieces Han Solo costume. If anything, the costume is superior because the focus is on the details.
The costume combines elements from the original trilogy in its detailing. To facilitate efficiency in putting on or removing the suit; it has hook and loop fasteners at center back. The suit also has hook and fastener strips at the crotch and along inseams for diaper access.
The attached vest panels have false pockets that mirror the real pockets on Han’s vest. Arguably, the printed belt and holster are the most interesting detail on the jumpsuit. The printing is so on point one would be forgiven for thinking it is a real leather holster.
Red stripes that resemble the lines on Han’s pants have also been printed on the side. Though your toddler might be too young to decide whether he/she wants to be Han Solo for Halloween, this costume is perfect for a family Halloween theme.
The costume is unisex and is available in standard toddler sizes. The costume does not come with a blaster, though for a toddler a blaster might not be necessary.
What to Consider Before Purchasing a Han Solo Costume
There are some things you ought to consider before purchasing a Han Solo costume. Understanding these things will guarantee you get value for your money because you will not make a mistake in critical considerations such as sizing.
When shopping, it is easy to assume that the costume sizing resembles that of standard clothing. Unfortunately, this is not so, and such an assumption leads to purchase of ill-fitting costumes.
One ought to remember that for kids one should not purchase the costume based on age or clothing size. Similarly, for adults, one should not buy the costume based on clothing size. The trick is always to consult the sizing chart provided.
You can also consult the customer reviews for sizing because most customers discuss their experience with fit when reviewing a costume.
Star Wars Episodes
Star Wars film series is divided into multiple sets of films that were released out of order.
The original trilogy (1977-1983; Episodes IV, V, VI). The prequel (1999-2005; Episodes I, II, III). The sequel (2015-2019; Episodes VII, VIII, IX).
It is important to realize that the costumes will differ depending on which trilogy or film inspired the costume. The original trilogy has inspired most of the costumes discussed above and in particular, Star Wars a New Hope which is the first movie in that trilogy.
Determine the Han Solo you wish to portray before purchasing the costume. That way, you get what you paid for.
There is no Han Solo without the laser-spitting blaster. To complete the look, it is essential that you must have the blaster.
However, Han Solo costumes usually come without the blaster. The blaster is considered an accessory. Therefore, after purchasing the costume, you should ensure you buy the blaster as well. You will not need to add much because the blaster is usually sold at an affordable price.
Our Final Take
Adventures abound, and the Millennium Falcon is waiting for its captain. The only thing left to do is get the appropriate costume.
The guide above enumerates the best Han Solo costumes in the market today. Whether you intend to purchase the costume for yourself or your child, you cannot go wrong with these top-rated costumes.