For most people, gyro machines moved from being a mere want to being an integral part in preparing meals at home.
And rightly so, with the right gyro machine, you can greatly improve the eating experience you offer to your guests or your customers. In fact, these cookers can play a very important role when handling meat-based meals (Source).
Regardless of the fact that they are also very versatile, another important feature is the speed. With the right gyro machine, it is possible to reduce the cooking time for most of your meals.
Their build also allows you to cook meat the way you like, helping you create an authentic gyro meal. Regardless of your preferences, there is a gyro cooker waiting to make life in the kitchen easier.
This guide reviews the top five gyro machines suitable for your everyday use.
Best Gyro Machines 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gyro Machines 2019
- 2 1. The Autodoner Optimal Automatic Vertical Gyro Boiler – Best Overall
- 3 2. NutriChef Countertop Vertical Rotating Oven – Runner-Up
- 4 3. Spinning Grillers Tacos Al Pastor home shawarma Machine – Most Durable
- 5 4. Spinning Grillers 5 in 1-Shawarma Machine – Small But Mighty
- 6 5. Remta Makina 2 BURNER Vertical Broiler – Manual Spinning System
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying Your Gyro Machine
- 8 Our Final Take
|The Autodoner Optimal Automatic Vertical Gyro Broiler|
|NutriChef Countertop Vertical Rotating Oven|
|Spinning Grillers Tacos Al Pastor home shawarma Machine|
|Spinning Grillers 5 in 1-Shawarma Machine|
|Remta Makina 2 BURNER Vertical Broiler|
1. The Autodoner Optimal Automatic Vertical Gyro Boiler – Best OverallThe Autodoner optimal vertical gyro boiler is our top choice for delivering on key needs required of a gyro machine. This gyro machine uses liquid propane which results in a higher effectiveness level. This gyro machine also has a better fuel consumption rate compared to the competition.
And with an electrical input of 120V, it is a spacious cooker as this machine can contain and process up to 65 pounds of meat at a go. Another major positive for the Autodoner is its ease of use. This machine has a drip pan which is very helpful in catching the drippings from your meat.
With the addition of newer features, several gyro machines are sacrificing usability and user-friendliness. This model also has a great design which makes it very easy to clean immediately after use.
2. NutriChef Countertop Vertical Rotating Oven – Runner-UpComing in at number two is the NutriChef Countertop machine, which has garnered praise for its stress-free cooking experience. This gyro machine also has highly effective cookers, which allow its owners a lot more freedom with the meals that can be prepared with it.
Among other things, this cooker is very easy to clean. In addition to this, it also boasts of a stain resistant housing that takes away all the stress involved in cleaning. The NutriChef cooker also has a kebab rack with seven skewers and a grease drip tray, minimizing all chances of a mess being created.
This gyro cooker allows for flexibility of temperature and the user can opt to reach a maximum temperature of 464 Fahrenheit. With a maximum timeframe of 60 minutes, there is a little chance that whatever meal you intend to make would come out undone.
The NutriChef cooker is also time and energy efficient. This is demonstrated by its high power of 1500Watts and 110V. Finally, it comes with an auto power off feature for increased safety.
3. Spinning Grillers Tacos Al Pastor home shawarma Machine – Most DurableThe third gyro machine to be featured on this list is the Spinning Grillers Al Pastor machine. Like most of the other machines reviewed within this article, this machine is wholly powered by propane. The Al Pastor shawarma machine comes with a fully assembled structure, making things easier for the user.
This cooker also comes with a hose and a regulator. Because of the stainless-steel composition of this cooker, it has been touted to have a durable lifespan and a perfect stability. It’s stainless steel composition also makes cleaning this machine very easy.
In order to increase the effectiveness of this cooker, it comes with three burners and four side kebab skewers. Although, one could argue the skewers were added in order to improve the versatility and usability of the cooker. There is also the main vertical rotisserie skewer, the very handy grease catcher that keeps the whole process clean.
Unlike most of the other gyro machines, this cooker can cook between 1 pound to 25 pounds of meat at once. And thanks to its internal motor, this cooker promises better efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Spinning Grillers 5 in 1-Shawarma Machine – Small But MightyNumber four features another gyro machine from spinning grillers. This particular cooker was developed by the giant company in a bid to provide something usable by the regular household.
Called the 5 in 1 machine, this machine is small compared to the other machines highlighted in this review. Built specifically for the production of shawarma, this small machine manages to deliver on its promise to deliver an unforgettable experience with its unique features.
And despite the fact that the 5-1 possesses a considerably smaller frame than the other cookers mentioned here, this cooker does not compromise on the much-needed features and experience.
More on this Gyro Machine
Powered by propane, this cooker’s burners with the addition to its electric motor, rotates precisely to ensure a thorough cooking process. Built with stainless steel like the Tacos Al Pastor model, this cooker has two burners and three side kebab skewers, in addition to the main vertical rotisserie skewer.
Done properly, the use of these skewers greatly reduces the stress involved in cooking with the product. The shipment also comes with two drip pans to reduce the mess created and create a better user experience for you.
Finally, thanks to the precise functionality of the electric motor, you can bank on a perfect sear of your meat.
5. Remta Makina 2 BURNER Vertical Broiler – Manual Spinning SystemThe major distinguishing feature of the Remta Makina gyro machine is the fact that it operates a manual spinning system, unlike the other models we have reviewed so far. And while that may be a deal breaker for some people, having a manual spinning system is seen by others as having a traditional and authentic model. This affords you the luxury of savoring the cooking process.
This machine comes pre-packaged as a complete set that includes the meat holder, a serving tray and a burner that is made of the highest quality raw materials. Also, depending on the size of meat you have to cook, you can adjust the meat holder to whatever temperature you deem fit.
There are also two heat setting knobs which improve the overall usability of the cooker. Finally, this cooker is capable of handling up to 20 kilograms of meat.
Things You Must Know Before Buying Your Gyro Machine
With the right gyro machine, the quality of the meat you serve out at your restaurant or even at your barbeque could improve significantly. But knowing what you need from a gyro machine is just as important as knowing the names and specifications of the machines.
And at this point, we expect that you have an idea on which of the gyro machines reviewed is right for you.
But before you go ahead to make that purchase, here are a few things you need to understand before you go ahead with that purchase:
When picking a gyro cooker, it is important you pay attention to the manufacturer of the machine you intend to buy. Hit up consumer forum groups and read user reviews. Odds are that a if many people don’t like a certain brand, your gyro cooker won’t be of high quality and your meals will come out the same.
Reviewing products produced by various manufacturers will help you make a buying decision. However, don’t opt for the fanciest machine either, as we listed affordable and quality choices above.
2. Machine Design
This is another really important feature you need to know before you purchase that machine. Understanding the machine’s composition as well as how it was built to work, will help you in determining if the machine meets your needs.
Some machines are powered by propane, whilst others are powered by electricity. Certain gyro cookers have up to 7 spare skewers, while others may not have at all. Gyro machines like the Remta Makina 2 BURNER Vertical Broiler that has a manual spin, while others have an automatic spin.
Knowing and understanding the design of your desired gyro machine may just be the difference between your cooker being a hit or a miss.
Various devices have various levels of capacity. Some devices can cook up to 20kg of meat at a go whilst others are stuck with a maximum load of 5kg. If you intend to use the cooker for commercial purposes, it is advisable you choose a cooker with a high capacity.
While most of the cookers come shipped in parts and leaves the assembly up to the user, some cookers come already assembled. For cookers that are yet to be assembled, ensure it is one you can assemble on your own. Lest you are left with a bunch of parts and a manual you cannot decipher.
Before committing to anything, it is important you know how much it costs in order to make the right decision. And dealing with gyro machines is no different. Thanks to the numerous new products that are constantly being introduced to the market, you have more options to choose from. Don’t settle for the cheapest machine.
Our Final Take
When considering a gyro machine for purchase, the most important question to be asked should be, what do I really want and what would I be willing to compromise on in case I cannot get what I want?
Should you want a small gyro machine to help your regular backyard BBQ’s, the Spinning Grillers Tacos Al Pastor Machine is the best bet for you. The Remta Makina 2 BURNER Vertical Broiler can process up to 20kg of meat at a go, which is a great choice if you need a cooker for your commercial operation.
The Autodoner Optimal Automatic Vertical Gyro Boiler consumes propane instead of fuel and Its energy-saving features would aid greatly in reducing the cost you spend on power and gas.
We compiled this guide in order to provide you with the best place to start from. Whether or not you have purchased a gyro machine or not, this guide will help you make the right decisions.
We expect that selecting your next gyro machine would be a breeze after going through our guide.