Responsible gun ownership is of paramount importance. Thankfully, you don’t need to spend a lot to get the best gun safes for the money that will keep your arms safe and secure.
Owning a gun is only half the job, keeping it secure and easily accessible in case of emergency is the other one. Gun security is almost as necessary as owning a gun itself (Source).
This is exactly why one of the best gun safes is highly recommended for every gun owner. Not only you’ll be able to keep your hunting guns safe but also have quick access to your defense guns in case there is a break in.
Looking for the best gun safe for yourself? You need to know what type will suit your needs best. If you own several large guns, then a small safe just won’t do. If you only have handguns, an easily accessible safe is the best way to go.
This guide will explore the 5 best gun safes for secure and easy access.
Best Gun Safes For The Money
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gun Safes For The Money
- 2 1. Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment – Best Long Gun Safe
- 3 2. Steelwater Standard Duty – Best Gun Safe to Keep Long Guns
- 4 3. GunVault SV500 – Best Gun Safe for Fast Access
- 5 4. Stealth Handgun Hanger – Best Gun Safe for Multiple Handguns
- 6 5. VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe – Best Smart Gun Safe
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Gun Safe Under $2000
- 8 Our Final Review
|Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment|
|Steelwater Standard Duty|
|STEALTH Handgun Hanger|
|VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe|
1. Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment – Best Long Gun SafeThis first gun safe under $2000 is one of the best ones around. It is big, it is strong and it comes with a high capacity. It is perfect for those who have a gun for every occasion. Whether you are an avid hunter of believe deeply in the rights to bear arms, the Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment is a great safe for you.
The gun safe comes with a two-way locking system and drill resistant plates on the outside. There are 5 fixed and 9 live bolts that keep the safe secure. The 12 gauge steel is sturdy and fire-resistant. But these are not the reasons you would purchase a 650lbs gun safe, it’s the superior capacity that makes it attractive.
On the front there is an electronic keypad that keeps everything locked tight. You can store up to 30 rifles and 8 handguns in this amazing gun safe. This means your whole collection can fit perfectly inside, most collectors don’t even own 30 guns these days but if you do, the Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment is a perfect purchase for you.
2. Steelwater Standard Duty – Best Gun Safe to Keep Long GunsIf you have a large collection of guns that you want to safekeep, then the Steelwater Standard Duty is the best gun safe for your needs. It’s a tall and spacious gun safe that can easily fit around 8 to 10 long guns and rifles inside. There is a door organizer available as well, it is made out of sturdy material but it is kept soft enough to avoid damaging your gear.
The Steelwater Standard Duty gun safe comes with a lot of features that make it a compelling purchase for gun collectors. The 14 gauge steal construction, fireproof up to 60 minutes, and EMP proof locking mechanism makes it one of the best overall gun safes around.
There are 10 solid steel locking bolts that keep everything secure inside the Steelwater Standard Duty gun safe. One of the best features it its ability to relock itself in case of forced entry.
On the outside the safe is ballistic and drilling resistant. The seal on the door expands on heat and can keep water and smoke out of the safe. On the inside you’ll find a gun rack that is divided into two separate sections. There is also automatic interior LED lighting available so you can store guns safely without having to shine an external light source inside.
3. GunVault SV500 – Best Gun Safe for Fast AccessThe GunVault SV500 Speedvault values fast access over everything and it works wonderfully. If you require easy and almost instant access to your firearm, this is one of the best gun safes around for exactly that. The first thing you’ll notice about the GunVault SV500 Speed Vault is its design, it is unique in a way that makes it fast in releasing the handgun.
The GunVault SV500 Speedvault almost looks like a metallic gun holster when unlocked thanks to its innovative design. The almost instant activation drops the handgun holster/drawer down. There are two models available for the GunVault SV500 Speedvault. One comes with a traditional keypad lock and is priced lower than the biometric version that comes with a fingerprint scanner.
If you absolutely value fast access to your handgun, we recommend the biometric version. The fingerprint scanner works fast and only takes a second to release the gun.
The gun safe is constructed with 18 gauge steel and has foam lined inside to keep the firearm snuggly fitted. You can easily mound the safe anywhere, especially under your desk without any problems.
The biometric fingerprint scanner can store up to 20 different finger prints, so and another trusted individual can easily unlock it. It also comes with two backup override keys that ensure you always have access to the gun in case of emergencies.
4. Stealth Handgun Hanger – Best Gun Safe for Multiple HandgunsThe Stealth Handgun Hanger is a medium sized gun safe that can easily hold 5 handguns. You can only keep three of them in the ready position. The other two can be stored flat but that’s more than enough for an emergency.
There is a drop down door that opens almost instantly giving you full access to three handguns. The Stealth Handgun Hanger safe uses three scratch resistant rods to keep your favorite guns always ready to be pulled out and used. The rods are coated with a heat shrink tubing which will make sure your firearms are not damaged, marred or scratched during placement and removal.
There is also a 2 piece steel door which is 3/8” thick. It is also spring-loaded so it opens just as you finish entering the code. The design also makes sure the door doesn’t slam down on something or make a noise when opening.
The electronic keypad comes with a 6 digit combination and an illumination system that kicks in when you press the first button. Speaking of illumination, there is a red LED inside the Stealth Handgun Hanger Gun safe as well. The insides are also lined with a high density foam to protect your firearms completely. Two additional firearms can be placed horizontally on the safe floor and there is still room left for 2 clips.
5. VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe – Best Smart Gun SafeIf you are in the market for a smart gun safe, the VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe is the perfect choice for you. The smart pistol safe comes with a companion app that lets you check almost every aspect of the safe without actually being near it.
The VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe is designed to be perfectly safe for keeping guns and easily accessing them. It comes with two point anti-impact latches, anti-pry bars as well as hinges that are completely inside the safe.
The sturdy 16 gauge carbon steel material makes it one of the strongest gun safes around. The VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe also provides quick access to the guns in case of an emergency. You can use the keypad to punch in a code but the biometric fingerprint system is quicker.
The smart safe technology is why you should consider the VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe. The app allows you to check the battery status, check if the safe was tempered with, look at the history log and even manage fingerprints.
You can also name the safe to something cool. The VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Safe is available in three different colors, but we liked the camouflage one the best. It can store one handgun, a clip and some small items that you deem safe-worthy.
These were some of the best gun safes of 2018 and we hope you’ve found something to your liking on this list.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Gun Safe Under $2000
Getting a gun safe may seem like a simple thing to do, but if you want the most bang for your buck, you need to keep in mind a few factors.
1. What Types of Guns You Own
You simply cannot stuff a long bolt action rifle inside a compact gun safe. And keeping a single handgun in a full sized gun safe seems counterproductive.
So you need to do an inventory check and determine what kinds of guns you own. If you simply have one handgun to safe keep, then a compact and small gun safe will do just fine. However, if you have long guns and rifles to store, a larger and stronger safe is recommended.
2. Size and Features
Now that you know exactly how big and how many guns you own, you can make a clear decision about the size of the gun safe. However, simply knowing the size is just the tip of the iceberg. You also need to know about the features of the safe.
If you think there can be a fire in the premises, then you need to get a fireproof safe than can easily withstand the high temperatures and keep the payload safe from harm. Similarly, if there is a chance of flooding, you’ll need to invest in a waterproof safe as well, however, that is not that big of a deal.
3. Locking Mechanism
There are several ways a gun safe can be locked. Here are a few common ones:
Key: The most basic and orthodox method of locking is with a physical key. Gun safes that use keys are generally priced lower, especially if they can only unlock with this method alone. If you don’t want to rely on technology or batteries, this locking mechanism is the best one for you.
Keypad: There is an electronic keypad on the safe. You set a combination and then access the contents by entering it on the keypad. It is a simple and secure way of keeping your guns locked.
Biometric Fingerprint: The third one is a fairly recent one, you can scan your fingerprints and then unlock the safe by scanning them again. It is one of the fastest ways of unlocking a gun safe.
Our Final Review
With a variety of different safes available for you to purchase, there is no shortage of amazing ones. These were a few that will reliably keep your firearms safe and easily accessible.
If you are a gun owner, you are already well aware of how important gun safety is. A gun safe is just another natural step in keeping your guns safe from others, especially children.
In short, all the best gun safes here are a “safe” bet when it comes to providing great features and respectable prices.
Hopefully this guide will make selecting the best gun safe for you a lot easier.