Choosing best gun safe dehumidifier is an important decision to make, especially when there is a chance of moisture buildup in your gun safe.
Moisture can be a big problem when it comes to proper gun maintenance and can lead to corrosion or mold issues.
So a great gun safe dehumidifier keeps your safe at an optimal humidity. It is especially important if you notice any moisture on your guns or weird smell when you open the safe (Source).
May seem like a big investment, but most of the best gun safe dehumidifiers are relatively inexpensive. They can also run for a very long time without needing any maintenance at all.
Thankfully, there are some great gun safe dehumidifiers available today, so you don’t have to worry a lot.
This list of great gun safe dehumidifiers aims to provide you with a diverse list of products that will make shopping a lot easier.
Best Gun Safe Dehumidifiers 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gun Safe Dehumidifiers 2018
- 2 1. Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier – The Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 3 2. Eva-Dry E-333 Mini – The Most Affordable Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 4 3. Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod – The Best Rod Dehumidifier
- 5 4. Lockdown Silica Gel – The Best Gel Dehumidifier
- 6 5. Stack-On SPAD-1500 – The Best Budget Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 8 Why You Should Get a Gun Safety Dehumidifier
- 9 Our Final Review
|Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier|
|Eva-Dry E-333 Renewable Mini|
|LOCKDOWN Dehumidifier Rod|
|LOCKDOWN Silica Gel|
1. Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier – The Best Gun Safe DehumidifierThe Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier is one of the best options for those who need to maintain a crisp environment in their gun safes. The gun safe dehumidifier is a remarkably powerful utility tool that will keep moisture away from your guns and important documents.
One of the best things about the Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier is its lifetime warranty. This shows how much trust the manufacturer has on their product. It is a wired unit so you will need a safe that comes with a wire pass-through. However, after that, the Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier doesn’t need much input from you.
The Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier is capable of heating up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. It will also keep the humidity at low without any problems. The Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier provides up to 100 cubic feet of coverage.
The dehumidifier is also straightforward to disassemble and reassemble after installing the wire. Another point to be noted here is that the Goldenrod Original Dehumidifier doesn’t get too hot to touch during operation.
2. Eva-Dry E-333 Mini – The Most Affordable Gun Safe DehumidifierIf you’re looking for an affordable gun safe dehumidifier then the Eva-Dry E-333 Mini is a worthy choice. It is designed and manufactured with high standards and this is the very reason for its success.
The Eva-Dry E-333 Mini comes with all the essential features you’ll need to get rid of humidity in your gun safe without any hassle.
One of the best things about the paste it is that it doesn’t even rely on power or even batteries. The gun safe dehumidifier comes with silica gel that can absorb humidity from your safe. This means that it will work 24 7 without the need of any external assistance.
There is even an indication window that tells you how much moisture is absorbed at a certain time. The Eva-Dry E-333 Mini is capable of absorbing moisture for up to 6 weeks before it needs to be recharged. It will, however, take hold like to recharge the device fully.
As the gun safe dehumidifier doesn’t have any batteries, it also doesn’t come with any lights so you’ll have to actually check the color of the crystals to know when it’s time to recharge. If the crystals are green, this means they are maxed out at the moment and will need recharging.
3. Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod – The Best Rod DehumidifierThe Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod is a well-made gun safe dehumidifier that simply lays at the bottom of the safe and increases the ambient temperature inside. This results in less moisture and a better environment for your guns and important documents to live in.
The Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod is capable of reaching up to 120°F. It also comes in different sizes so you can select the one that best fits your safe. One of the best things about this great gun safe dehumidifier is how easy it is to assemble. It arrives disassembled so you can manually wire it if you’re safe don’t have an outlet inside.
The electrical cord is around 6 feet long so it should be easy to plug it in without the need for an extension cord. There also mounting brackets underneath the rod to keep it elevated from the safe floor.
If you have a safe that is medium in size and comes with a whole to run wires, the Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod is simply a great purchase.
4. Lockdown Silica Gel – The Best Gel DehumidifierThe Lockdown Silica Gel is a remarkable gun safe dehumidifier simply because it’s so easy to work with. All you need to do is to simply put the Lockdown Silica Gel inside your safe and you are good to go. It doesn’t require any batteries or power to work and can last a few weeks, depending on how humid your local environment is.
Looking at the design, the Lockdown Silica Gel comes in a cylindrical container that houses the silica gel inside. The gel can absorb moisture and is perfect for safes that are small in size. Simply place the Lockdown Silica Gel inside the safe and it will start its work. However, it is recommended that you first charge the dehumidifier in your oven before putting it to work.
You can look at the top of the container go gauge how charged the Lockdown Silica Gel is. Let it charge till the silica beads turn to dark blue. Once you notice the beads turning to orange, you’ll know it’s time to charge again. For the price it is going for, it would be best if you get two of these, especially if you have a bigger safe.
Checking on the charge level can get a little tedious and can be downright impossible if you are traveling. So having two Lockdown Silica Gel working for you would improve the charge times.
5. Stack-On SPAD-1500 – The Best Budget Gun Safe DehumidifierIf you are running on a tight budget, the Stack-On SPAD-1500 is one of the most affordable gun safe dehumidifiers. One of the best things about this gun safe dehumidifier is its small form factor which makes it easy to carry and portable. It is a perfect dehumidifier for small safes.
On one charge the Stack-On SPAD-1500 can easily go up to 6 weeks. However, this time between recharges is determined by the ambient humidity of your area. The good thing is that you’ll just need to charge it overnight once in a while. The Stack-On SPAD-1500 also covers are up to 100 cubic feet which is more than enough for small gun safes to be moisture free.
There is a small window that indicates when the material is completely saturated with moisture. If fully charged, the absorption pallets will be of blue color. They will gradually turn to pink as moisture is absorbed.
After that, all you need to do is simply plug it in for around 8 to 10 hours and it will recharge. The only downside is that you’ll probably need a couple of these for a large gun safe.
This concludes our best gun safe dehumidifiers list. We tried to include a diverse range of products that will keep moisture and moss away from your prized possessions.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Gun Safe Dehumidifier
There are several factors that you need to consider before purchasing a gun safe dehumidifier. You also need to gauge what kind of safe you have, especially if there is no wire pass through and it.
Here are some major things that you should keep in mind while shopping for a gun safe dehumidifier:
There are several types of gun safety humidifiers, the major ones contain silica gel that absorbs moisture from the environment. Then there are electrical dehumidifiers that either require batteries or need to be plugged in.
If you have a large gun safe, then a small dehumidifier won’t do any good. So you’ll either need a powerful unit to absorb all moisture from the gun safe or deploy multiple smaller dehumidifiers to do the job.
Wired dehumidifiers don’t require much maintenance or recharging but they need to be plugged in constantly. So this means that either you’ll have to drill a hole in your safe or use the wire pass through it comes with by default. They are also a little bit tricky to install, you’ll probably need to disassemble them, pass through the wire, and then reassemble them again.
A large dehumidifier may sound like a great idea but if it doesn’t fit in your small safe, it is practically useless. So you need to measure the interior of your safe before ordering a gun safety humidifiers, just to be on the safe side.
Why You Should Get a Gun Safety Dehumidifier
The answer to this question is quite simple, if you are storing guns and valuables in a safe, you’ll probably need a dehumidifier for it.
Especially if the safe is located in a humid area or area where moisture is a problem, you’ll need to have a gun safety humidifier installed. Otherwise, have the risk of moisture accumulating inside your guns and even ruining important documents.
Our Final Review
The best gun safe dehumidifiers are not expensive to purchase and provide a great service and return. So it makes perfect sense to invest in one as soon as you can. If you’ve already bought a gun safe, it wouldn’t hurt to invest a little bit more and a quality gun safe dehumidifier.
We tried selecting a wide range of different gun safe dehumidifiers so they can fit into any safe and fill any requirement. However, we do recommend that you use multiple smaller dehumidifiers if you have a larger safe or invest in a rod-type dehumidifier with a bigger range.
Do talk to us if you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions about this list. We would love to hear from you.