A garden kneeler, also known as a garden tuffet or hassock, is a piece of equipment that is used to provide comfort to the user when they are in a kneeling position.
The best garden kneeler will be durable, comfortable, foldable, easy to use and store away. While not required, it would be neat to buy a model that has a tool pouch that you can easily access.
Doing garden work usually means you will have to spend a lot of time on your knees. This can cause pain and discomfort, especially in the elderly. Garden kneelers are designed with a firm but well-cushioned pad. Such pads give you the support and protection you need so that you can focus on tending to your gardening tasks (Source).
Some may experience back pain or joint pain or you may just want to be more comfortable while you are working in the garden. Perhaps you want to avoid your clothes from getting dirty and damaged.
If this sounds like you, a garden kneeler is a necessity. Before purchasing a garden kneeler, consider the price, build quality, and portability. Also, consider the quality of the materials, comfortability, durability.
In this guide, we’ll review the top-rated garden kneelers. All of the selections in this review will be a great buy, whether you’re planting a garden at home or doing professional landscaping.
How Much Does a Garden Kneeler Bench Cost?
Table of Contents
- 1 How Much Does a Garden Kneeler Bench Cost?
- 2 What is a Garden Kneeler Bench?
- 3 Comparing The Best Garden Kneeler Benches
- 4 1. 5Star Foldable Garden Kneeler – Best Folding Garden Kneeler
- 5 2. SONGMICS Garden Kneeler – Heavy Duty Garden Kneeler
- 6 3. Gardener’s Supply Company Garden Kneeler – Extra Wide Garden Kneeler
- 7 4. Abco Tech Garden Kneeler – Folding Garden Kneeler and Seat
- 8 5. Homdox Folding Garden Kneeler – The Affordable Option
- 9 How to Fix an Uneven Garden Kneeler Bench
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Buying a Garden Kneeler Bench
- 11 How to Choose a Good Garden Kneeler Bench
- 12 Ready To Buy The Best Garden Kneeler Benches?
The price of a garden kneeler bench varies based on the quality of material, features, and brand. You can expect most kneelers to be available within a price range of $30 to $40.
However, kneeler benches might even be possible for as much as $160. You might need to do a fair amount of research to buy a proper bench.
What is a Garden Kneeler Bench?
Gardening in your backyard can be harsh to the physique, as there is constant kneeling on the ground. While the activity is relaxing for the mind, it can cause leg muscle spasms.
As a gardener for hobby or profession, you might need to bend over to entwine vines, transplant seedlings, and pull weeds. All this strenuous work is going to require some support.
A garden kneeler bench is ready to prevent the strain on your kneeling body. These benches are specially designed for gardening purposes.
Besides a tactical seating arrangement, garden kneeler benches come equipped with compartments for storing gardening tools as per your convenience.
The name “kneeler” is also given to it due to the flexible way of using it. Not only can you sit on it, but you can also be in a kneeling position on its padded seat for reaching plants.
These benches are also lightweight, yet sturdy to ensure ease of moving it around from one place to another. You can find these in variable sizes to suit your size and height.
Comparing The Best Garden Kneeler Benches
|5Star Foldable Garden Kneeler|
|SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat|
|Gardener’s Supply Company Extra Wide-Seat|
|Abco Tech Garden Kneeler|
|Homdox Folding Garden Kneeler|
1. 5Star Foldable Garden Kneeler – Best Folding Garden KneelerA foldable garden kneeler that you can use for many purposes, the 5Star Garden Kneeler is the best product in this category. It offers every single feature that you would need in a kneeler. It is lightweight, has a high weight capacity, doubles as a kneeler and bench, and the frame is made of steel.
The durable frame on this kneeler means that it will last for years. It is not the type of product that you would need to replace in two or three years. And with 330-pound weight capacity, heavier individuals can use this without worrying they are going to damage the item. It can handle your full weight while you are sitting down with no problems.
Another impressive part of this kneeler is the pouch area. There are three smaller pouches that you can use to fit different tools or accessories. You can put a water bottle, cell phone, garden tools or other important items in those pockets.
2. SONGMICS Garden Kneeler – Heavy Duty Garden KneelerThe Songmics garden kneeler comes with plenty of great features that customers will love. It is a foldable product, so you will have an easy time storing or carrying it around your home. Its arm bars are designed offer ample support while you are leaning or getting off the bench.
The item is also very lightweight, which is helpful for those who may not carrying heavier items around. It is less than three pounds, but still boasts a very impressive weight capacity of over 300 pounds.
The Songmics Garden Kneeler fulfills a dual purpose. It can be used as a garden kneeling bench. But you can also flip it around and use it as a cushioned kneeling seat, depending on your preferences or the gardening work you must complete.
3. Gardener’s Supply Company Garden Kneeler – Extra Wide Garden KneelerHoping to find a garden kneeler that can double as an extra-wide garden seat? The Gardener’s Supply Company Garden Kneeler is the product for you! It offers most of the features you would need from a durable, extra-wide garden seat. And it is made by a company that has a reputation for producing quality items.
With a lot of kneeling space, you can easily set this on the ground for times when you need to get on your knees to garden. And unlike some of the smaller cushions, it will not feel like you are going to lose your balance while on the padding. Individuals with wider knees and legs will appreciate this product.
It is also very useful that you can fold this garden kneeler. It folds completely flat, which makes it simple to store in your garage or closet.
4. Abco Tech Garden Kneeler – Folding Garden Kneeler and SeatTired of experiencing pain while you are kneeling down to garden? Have a bad back? The Abco Tech Garden Kneeler will alleviate these issues while allowing you to continue enjoy gardening.
The kneeler is foldable, while it can be used as both a seat and a kneeling pad. The product is a bit heavier at 6.6 pounds, but it is not difficult to carry around at all. And storage is no issue either.
There is a pocket area on one side, where you get three separate pockets for all your gardening tools and accessories. The pockets are a good size, which means items will not be falling out when the kneeler is in the seat position.
5. Homdox Folding Garden Kneeler – The Affordable OptionA simple, no frills design makes this Homdox Folding Garden Kneeler a solid option for buying an affordable garden seat. It is comfortable while sitting and gardening, while you can flip it around and use it as a cushion while kneeling.
There are three small pockets on both sides of the kneeler, which you can use for various gardening tools. Just make sure you take out the items before you flip the kneeler or everything will fall out!
The kneeler is fairly compact when it is folded, which makes it easy to store. It is a little bit heavier than some of the lightest models available. But if you do not mind lifting slightly heavier objects, it is not a major issue.
How to Fix an Uneven Garden Kneeler Bench
Sometimes garden kneeler benches are wobbly. It is prevalent as the surface in your garden area might not be stable to align the bench correctly.
The surface, on which you are placing the bench, needs to be flat enough to keep it upright. The seat also needs to be firm to maintain its legs from submerging in the soil.
To fix this issue, you need first to make sure that the legs of the garden kneeler bench are locked in position. That is important to avoid the risk of collapsing it with you kneeling or sitting on it.
It is also advisable to place a yoga mat or similar surface under the legs to keep them sturdy without chances of them drowning in the ground.
If you still feel that your bench is not robust enough for you, then you might need to replace it with a piece that has the relevant features of a garden kneeler bench.
Things You Should Know Before Buying a Garden Kneeler Bench
Buying a garden kneeler is perfect for anyone who spends a lot of time tending to their plants and flowers.
If you love to garden, it is a good idea to make the process more comfortable. The two main options for increasing comfort are garden kneeler pads and benches.
While garden kneeler pads have their benefits, they are a limited use device. They are also easily dirtied when you place them on dirt or a grassy area.
In contrast, garden kneeler benches are off the ground, which means the bottom of the legs is the only part touching the floor. They are easy to clean, while they also have a more diverse purpose.
How to Choose a Good Garden Kneeler Bench
A few things need to be kept in mind when you are looking for a garden kneeler. Here are some factors to consider before buying one:
- Durability – A garden kneeler bench needs to have a sturdy and durable design that ensures that it is able to withstand external forces without problems.
- Flexibility – Such a bench also needs to have a flexible design. It can have a foldable framework that will let you store it without taking much space when not in use.
- Weight Capacity – Garden kneelers should also be strong enough to withstand a large amount of weight. A good kneeler bench should be able to support at least 330 pounds.
- User-friendly – A garden kneeler bench should have compartments or pouches on its sides to give you instant access to gardening tools.
- Comfort – A good bench will have a design capable of offering sitting as well as kneeling position. It should also have enough padding to let you position yourself comfortably.
- Adjustable Height – Kneeler benches also need to have an option to adjust the height of the padding. That way, you can sit or kneel on it at your convenience.
Avoid Knee and Back Pain
If you have back pain or any disabled and elder persons in your home, buying a reacher grabber tool can be handy for you to retrieve items from areas that are hard to reach without straining.
Another perk of a garden kneeler bench is that it allows you to relax and garden at a slower pace. If you are kneeling on the ground or constantly bending to reach flowers, it is natural to try and speed up the process. You will try and race through everything in 20 minutes.
When you have a kneeler bench, you can sit down and take your time while gardening. It ensures your garden better, but it also means you are relaxing and enjoying yourself.
Important Features in Garden Kneeler Benches
Garden kneeler benches must perform a few functions. They must be lightweight enough to carry around, durable enough to withstand your full weight while sitting, and withstand the elements as you are moving them around the garden.
Ease of Storage
It is also important to assess the storage options for a garden kneeler bench. Can you leave it outdoors on occasion? Does it fold for easy storage in your closet or garage? If you are short of storage space in your home, a folding garden kneeler bench is the ideal product.
It will open up into a comfortable and durable bench, but you can fold it up and keep it in a corner of your storage area.
Ready To Buy The Best Garden Kneeler Benches?
A garden kneeler bench is so helpful for people who experience knee or back pain while tending to their garden. Instead of fighting through the pain or giving up gardening, you can use a garden kneeler to make the experience a lot more comfortable.
We hope that our list of the top five garden kneelers on the market will help you in choosing the ideal product. Each of these garden kneeler benches would serve you very well.
But if the price is not an issue, we believe the 5Star Foldable Garden Kneeler is the best option on the market. It has all the features, durability and aesthetics you would want in a garden kneeler.
Are you looking for a tool that is used to disengage the weed’s entire root system from the soil to prevent regrowth? Consider buying the best weed remover for your soil conditions. It is also helpful for preventing body strain during working.
And, take a look at our latest review of the top grain moisture testers. If you want to irrigate your lawn and garden, consider buying lawn sprinkler heads . Especially in the dry summer months, regular watering is key to keeping the grass growing.