Purchasing a new refrigerator is a task you should not take lightly. This is an investment in your home. The Frigidaire FFHB2740PS is a wonderful choice for those who want plenty of storage in both the fridge and freezer.
This model also has touchpad temperature control, great energy efficiency, filtered water, and a fast ice dispenser. As you’ll be using the fridge for food storage and preserving perishables, you need a reliable unit.
If you aren’t sure why specifications to look for when buying a new refrigerator, we are here to help. After thorough research, we found this fridge to have ample space, solid temp control, easy to use a water filter, and more.
Similar to your fridge, consider having a quality food dehydrator as it will preserve your food for a longer period of time.
In this guide, we will review the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS in detail. We’ll go over the top features, benefits, and drawbacks of this fridge.
Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Specs
Table of Contents
- 1 Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Specs
- 2 Other Frigidaire Models Available
- 3 Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Features
- 4 What Makes the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS So Awesome
- 5 How to Use the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS
- 6 User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Frigidaire FFHB2740PS
- 7 How Much Does Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Cost?
- 8 Durable & Energy Efficient Refrigerator with Plenty of Space
- Capacity: 26.7 CF
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Spill-proof Shelves: Yes
- Certification: Energy Star
- Freezer: Yes
- Ice Maker: Yes
- Water Filter: Yes
- Temp Control: Digital touchpad controls
Other Frigidaire Models Available
There are many viable alternatives to the FFHB2740PS. However, let’s go back and focus our attention on this model.
Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Features
This model has just about any sort of premium feature that we expect to find in one of the best refrigerators.
As we mentioned, there are a handful of features that you need to consider first before buying a new fridge. Here are some of the top highlights from this product’s long list of features.
Lots of Space: This model has three doors that open up both the refrigerator and the freezer. The freezer is located on the bottom portion of the model.
The refrigerator contains 26.7 cubic feet of total space. This is a standard size fridge for families of four or more people.
Touchpad Control: Having a touchpad on this model is one of the reasons it is so easy to control the temperature, dispense ice and water, and so on.
Touchpad controls are one of the signs of a high-quality refrigerator. They are also typically a lot more durable than easily-broken plastic switches or buttons.
Energy Star Certified: Getting an Energy Star Certification is a sign that the manufacturers really know how to create a product that uses less energy. Getting this certification means that you need to meet a thorough checklist of requirements. Since this is an Energy Star Certified product, you can be sure that it uses less energy than the average refrigerator.
Stainless Steel: Stainless Steel is beginning to become an industry standard. Due to its resistance to corrosion and rust, as well as its overall strength, Stainless Steel fridges like this one hold up really well. Not to mention, they also have a very attractive polished look.
What Makes the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS So Awesome
Since this model comes with many of the most popular features and specifications that exist in the industry of refrigerators, there is already little reason to see this as a sub-par or below average model. Here are a few more reasons why this fridge is so heavily worth considering.
- Durable Construction and Control – More than likely, you want a refrigerator that will last you throughout years of use. The stainless steel construction and touchpad controls are two reasons why this model is built to last.
- Filtered Water – It wasn’t that long ago that refrigerators never came with water dispensers. Not only does this model have a water dispenser, but it also filters the water so that it is fresh to drink.
- Energy Efficient – A refrigerator is normally plugged in 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Since it is used so much, it can quickly rack up your energy costs. This is an Energy Star Certified model, though, meaning that it is much more cost-effective than an average refrigerator.
How to Use the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS
Using a refrigerator is pretty straightforward once you have it up and running. The setup process, though, might be a little difficult for you. For your reference, here are some of the basic steps involved in getting your new Frigidaire FFHB2740PS up and running.
1. Plugin and Set Up Temperature
Once the fridge arrives, go ahead and take it out of the packaging. Start by plugging it in and setting up the temperature. A common fridge temperature is around 35° – 40° F. The freezer should be right around 0° F
2 Connect to your Water Supply
With your basic settings out of the way, unplug your fridge once again. Now, you need to get your water connected to the fridge. Using the included tube attachment, connect your water supply to your fridge.
3. Ensure that Ice Dispenser is Working Properly
Go ahead and turn your fridge back on. To test if your water supply is properly connected, wait a few minutes. The ice should automatically start dispensing. If not, you will need to go back and check the connection.
You have a refrigerator at home to keep your food fresh. What if when you go out for a day or camping? Don’t worry, buying a cooler with wheels could be the best fit.
User Feedback & Reviews: What People Said About Frigidaire FFHB2740PS
Before you buy a refrigerator, it is generally a good idea to look through the feedback which exists. Although there has been some negative feedback, we will cover the major complaining points that people have made. In addition, we will look at some of the most widely-praised aspects of this refrigerator.
You Most Common Complaints
- Ice Maker Freezes: If you like to have your freezer as cold as possible, be careful not to go too low. Going lower than 0° F can easily result in freezing the whole ice maker component.
- Freezer Door Jams: One of the common issues with French Door models like this one is that you need to be more careful with how you organize the freezer. It is much like a game of Tetris. If you don’t stack up your items properly, the freezer door can easily jam.
Most Common Praises
- Lots of Space: The
- Quick Ice Production: If you have a family of three or more people, this model will produce more than enough ice for you to work with. In fact, the ice production is much quicker than many other similar fridges on the market.
- Freezer Upper Shelf: Since it is common for people to door up the freezer door with bad organization, the manufacturers have included a separate upper shelf in the freezer. This gives you another layer of shelf space to work with and avoid door jams.
How Much Does Frigidaire FFHB2740PS Cost?
Getting one of the best refrigerators will usually come at a sizeable cost. This definitely holds true with the Frigidaire FFHB2740PS. Expect to pay right around $1,500 in order to take one of these fridges home.
Realistically, this is a very reasonable price when we compare it with similar options that exist on the market.
Durable & Energy Efficient Refrigerator with Plenty of Space
The Frigidaire FFHB2740PS is a great choice for those who need a large fridge capable of holding food for the whole family.
In particular, this model stands out for having wonderful durability, energy efficiency, and easy-to-use touchpad controls. This is a wonderful choice if you want one of the best refrigerators on the market.
Also, check out our latest review of hand crank ice cream makers, if you are craving a quick snack from your fridge.