Perhaps the oldest tool known in the history of human existence, the hammer remains are one of the most valuable asset. However, ironically, experts are still grappling to discover the various ways of improving them.
Framing hammers are universal tools that bring along great power and capability, especially in tackling big and daunting tasks.
Framing hammers are more or less similar to traditional hammers, but with slight differences. These differences encompass weight and size of handle (Source).
Since these hammers are built for framing houses, constructions and other high performance tasks, you should find the best product that ascertains performance.
Find a framing hammer that provides the necessary power depicted through its weight and size of handle.
Best Framing Hammers 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Framing Hammers 2018
- 2 1. Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer – Best Framing Hammer for the Price
- 3 2. Dalluge DDT16P Titanium Hammer – Most Affordable Framing Hammer
- 4 3. Estwing E3-22S Framing Hammer – Best Steel Framing Hammer for a Novice
- 5 4. Stanley 51-163 Fatmax Claw Nailing Hammer – Most Inexpensive Framing Hammer
- 6 5. Tekton 30325-Jacketed Framing Hammer – Most Feature-Packed Framing Hammer
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying a Framing Hammer
- 8 Our Final Review
|Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer|
|Dalluge DDT16P Titanium Hammer|
|Estwing E3-22S Framing Hammer|
|Stanley 51-163 Fatmax Claw Nailing Hammer|
|Tekton 30325 Jacketed Framing Hammer|
1. Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer – Best Framing Hammer for the PriceIf you are in the market for a framing hammer, you shouldn’t let the price of the hammer fool you. This is especially true if you come across the Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer.
This is a titanium-framing hammer that earns its keep. Just to mention, titanium is lighter compared to other materials. However, this doesn’t compromise on its strength. It delivers a power of up to 28oz while greatly reducing the recoil shock vibration. This makes it less stressful to work with compared to its alternatives.
The nose of Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer features a magnetic nail start while its handle is structured ergonomically for easy handling. The ergonomic design features a patented rubber coating that reduces shock delivered to user’s hands while absorbing any moisture that may cause sliding.
As a contractor or a carpenter, one of your main concerns before purchasing a framing hammer is certainly its ability to endure long time usage. However, that shouldn’t be an issue with the Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer. Those who have tried this model confirmed this.
They were quick to comment on how easy to use the hammer is compared to other alternatives. Besides, they commented on how long they could work with before feeling the effects. They also noted how the hammer hits much harder, which is totally unexpected if its weight is something to go by. This allows you to drive nails into strong materials, even concrete with little effort.
The only little concern about the Stiletto Tools TB15MS Titanium Framing Hammer is its hefty price. However, this can be understood considering that the hammer is made of titanium metal. Titanium is highly durable but comes at a cost. This may not be a favourite to all, especially new users who may not afford it.
2. Dalluge DDT16P Titanium Hammer – Most Affordable Framing HammerIf you are looking for a great framing hammer choice but not willing to break the bank on it, the Dalluge DDT16P Titanium Hammer should be your product of choice. This lightweight hammer is designed to absorb all the shock while maximizing on each swing.
Perhaps the selling point of this hammer is the titanium head. This offers many benefits compared to steel heads. The head features a new-patented design coming with an overstrike guard and sidewinder nail puller. This allows you to get more leverage and get into hard to reach places that your claw may not reach.
The hammer weighs only sixteen ounces. While this may sound lightweight, note that the titanium used in manufacture is forty-five percent less heavy than typical steel. However, with such weight, you will have the clearance of swinging faster while using less effort.
Unlike other top-notch models that prefer plastic handles, the Dalluge DDT16P Titanium Hammer features a wooden handle that is comfortable to use. This perhaps eliminates the concerns often associated with plastic handles such as easily wearing out. However, this may not be ideal for enthusiasts of plastic handles.
The wooden handles of this model improve its balance while reducing its shock transfer. This results in a deep, surer and powerful nail driving with less arm and shoulder strain. Head faces can either be serrated or smooth surfaces. Either face suits professional carpenters and tradesmen.
3. Estwing E3-22S Framing Hammer – Best Steel Framing Hammer for a NoviceAmateur framing hammer enthusiasts will find the Estwing E3-22S Framing Hammer a perfect choice. The hammer is a 22-ounce steel framing hammer designed to be an all-around construction hammer. The hammer handles framing, demo and finishing expertly.
For this hammer, the head and handle comprise of single forge piece of steel that maximizes durability. This is covered by a blue nylon-vinyl cushion that provides great grip and shock absorption. The shock absorption grip reduces up to 70 percent of impact vibration.
Those who have used the Estwing E3-22S Framing Hammer on a regular basis attest its versatility. Despite its size, the hammer is tough enough to handle heavier jobs. It also works exceptionally on precision tasks. The other advantage of this hammer is the solid construction. This provides an assurance that the hammer works on hard tasks without being detached.
4. Stanley 51-163 Fatmax Claw Nailing Hammer – Most Inexpensive Framing HammerThe Stanley 51-163 Fatmax Claw Nailing Hammer is a perfect choice for those looking for an affordable hammer that packs great features. Like other high-end models, the hammer features a one-piece forged head and hand, perhaps eliminating the worry that your head can detach and harm you.
It is a steel framing hammer that comes with great features and benefits. Some of the unique features of the Stanley 51-163 Fatmax Claw Nailing Hammer include:
- A patented torsion grip technology that reduces steel hammer effects of torque on elbows and wrists.
- Antivibe technology that minimizes shock at impact and vibration.
- Precision balanced that can be felt when being used.
- Forged one-piece construction that increases strength and durability.
- Manufacturers limited lifetime warranty
5. Tekton 30325-Jacketed Framing Hammer – Most Feature-Packed Framing HammerIf you are in the market for a framing hammer that comes with some few extra features, consider the Tekton 30325 Jacketed Framing Hammer. It is a perfect framing hammer of choice for taking on big and tough jobs that require big swings.
The hammer is a perfect choice that packs a punch. It features a 16-inch long handle that can be easily swung when in use. You will also like the superior performance alluded by the axe-inspired handle that stays correctly and always remains positioned in your hand.
Tekton 30325 Jacketed Framing Hammer lends a helping hand. This is through the built-in magnetic slot that holds the nail as you start driving it with one hand. Besides, you can pries, pierce and pull with this hammer. This is provided by the sharpened chisel ends.
These straight claws get into tight spaces to pull pry boards apart, pull off drywall and plaster. It also easily slides under the nail to easily pull out. Its construction is heavy duty, thus can be used for both light and heavy-duty construction tasks.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Framing Hammer
There are lots of things that should be considered when searching for a framing hammer. But why? This is because framing hammers are increasing in popularity.
Therefore, lots of people are doing business with it, flooding the market with a variety of options. This can be quite confusing when it comes to finding the best framing hammer.
To ease your search, consider the following factors.
Framing Hammer Handle
This is perhaps the first thing you should look into once you get to the hammer store. The hammer’s handle directly determines its effectiveness. The handle should be long enough to allow for an extended reach. It should also be well-balanced for easy usage.
Having an improperly balanced handle may make it difficult to control. You should also check on the grip. It ought to be solid and comfortable for extended periods of usage. Checking on this will lead to an excellent working framing hammer.
Framing Hammer Material
Framing hammers are made from two main materials. The hammer can be made either from steel or from titanium. Titanium hammers, which are currently increasing in popularity, are strong, quite heavy and long lasting. They are a good choice if you need a framing hammer for heavy tasks.
On the other hand, steel is quite light and perfect for light tasks. However, compared to titanium, steel does not last long. When it comes to the cost, titanium framing hammers are quite pricey. However, this alludes to the fact that they guarantee quality.
Various framing hammer models come in varying weights. Heavy hammers are often tedious and hard to deal with. On the contrary, light-framing hammers may not provide the much-needed power to drive nails and other tasks.
Therefore, it is imperative that you consider a standard weighing framing hammer. It should be neither heavy nor light. This will make it easy to operate. A mid-weighing hammer will provide the needed striking power without impairing your effectiveness. This will save your energy.
Framing Hammer Face
There are two main faces of framing hammers. The hammer could be either ridged or smooth. However, experts advice that you should consider a ridged face hammer. This is because it offers great traction when in use. With ridged face, you won’t have to worry about the head slipping when it hits the nail.
Hammer Price and Warranty
Framing hammers are available in varying models and price tags. Identifying your budget is, therefore, an important factor before setting out to in search of the hammer. However, your choice should not be determined by the price. This shouldn’t be a deal breaker.
That said, begin by identifying the specific features of the framing hammer before inquiring about its price. This will help you find an affordable hammer that fits your estimated budget.
Warranty is also an important aspect to consider. Like other workshop tools, hammers are subject to warranties. Any company that offers a warranty on its product is a guarantee on its effectiveness. Therefore, always prioritize products that come with reasonable warranty periods.
Our Final Review
Framing hammers are a good choice if you are looking to handle small projects at home. This is because of their claws, length and weight. Due to these features, they are much different from conventional hammers.
With their recent surge in popularity, finding the best can be quite confusing. This is why getting to understand the basics of a framing hammer is important. The best product should make it easy to complete your little tasks.
The best hammer should feature an ergonomic handle, light enough to ease usage, made from strong/tough materials and affordable. Manufacturers should also provide reasonable warranty periods that guarantee the quality of their products.
Have you used any of the hammers mentioned in our framing hammers review above? From our review above, which is your favorite product? Share with us in the comments section below!