Taking your game to the next level requires more than just practice. Better equipment will help improve your game substantially.
For example, regular mouse pads are small, rough and uncomfortable. The best way to drastically improve your playing surface is to invest in an extended mouse pad. They will give you more room to play, more stability and more precision with your mouse.
However, not all extended mouse mats are cut from the same cloth. You need something comfortable, durable and the perfect size for your desk. The problem is, there are hundreds to choose from. How do you choose the best?
In this guide, we will review five of the best extended mouse pads on the market. Choose any of these models and you will be on your way to gaming like a real professional.
Best Extended Mouse Pad 2018
|Reflex Lab Extended Mouse Pad|
|Corsair MM300 Gaming Pad|
|Glorious 3XL Extended Mouse Pad|
|VicTsing Extended Gaming Mouse Pad|
|Razer Goliathus Control Gravity|
1. Reflex Lab – The Best All-Round Extended Mouse PadDespite its relatively low cost, this extended mouse mat ticks all of the boxes. It’s 40-60% thicker than a regular mouse pad, on average. Combine this with it’s moderate grip and smooth surface and you have a mouse pad that’s built for high-performance gaming. It’s also extremely long at 36” x 12”. Your mouse, keyboard and everything else on your desk will fit on it, no problem. The anti-slip material keeps the pad locked in place to prevent slipping. It’s also waterproof and machine washable.
The material 5mm thick making it plush and comfortable but also hard wearing. You can see by the stitching and the quality of materials that this is built to last. If you need an extended mouse pad that is built for long, intense gaming sessions, this one is ideal.
2. Corsair MM300 – The Most Accurate Extended Mouse PadIf you need a mouse pad built for accuracy, the MM30 is the one for you. The tightly woven textured material has little friction, if any at all. FPS gamers will love the feel of playing on this one. It also has a strong rubber grip to prevent any slipping during your sessions.
We have experienced lots of fraying from corsair mouse pads in the past. However, the MM300 has a stitched edge that promised “no-fray” which is always a bonus. It’s 36.6” long making it perfect for almost any situation. Finally, the material used is ideal for both laser and optic mouses.
Overall, the MM300 is an extended mouse pad for serious gamers. If you need accuracy, precision and speed, this is the one for you.
3. Glorious 3XL – The Biggest Extended Mouse PadThe Glorious 3XL is the largest mouse pad on the market. At 48” long and 24” tall, it’s certainly not built for every desk. If you have enough space for it, you should consider buying one. Not only are they large, they are also fun to play on. The stitched cloth material is smooth and encourages smoother mouse glides. It’s ideal if you play precision based games and want superior comfort. The rubber grip works well to stop any sliding during intense gameplay. It also has an anti-fray stitched edging to improve its durability.
Despite its size, the Glorious 3XL is lightweight and portable. We doubt you will be moving this around much but the lightweight build still gives you the option. It’s also machine washable in case of any spills. Overall, it’s a huge pad that lives up to its hype. We highly recommend it.
4. VicTsing Extended Gaming Mouse Pad – The Best Value For MoneyThe VicTsing is the cheapest on our list, but still has a lot of the same features. The superfine, braided material is water resistant and has zero friction. It’s not the most comfortable or the longest but it’s perfect for fast-paced games. The stitched edges keep everything in place and feeling sturdy. It also has a rubber bottom to prevent slipping.
The material is very elastic and breathable. This makes it lightweight and ideal for carrying around to your friends or to gaming competitions. Spilled drinks will form droplets of liquid and will slide straight off. It’s a pad that’s built for fast-paced, high intensity gaming sessions. It’s an excellent pad for the price and we highly recommend it.
5. Razer Goliathus Control Gravity – The Coolest Extended Mouse PadWhile it’s not as big as the Glorious or as accurate as the Corsair, the Razer is by far the coolest. The design is congruent with what you would expect from Razer. The iconic green and black logo take up the majority of the cloth pad. It’s not just the design that makes this a great option though. The micro-stitched material has the perfect amount of friction. It strikes the perfect balance between too much and too little. It’s also incredibly comfortable on the wrists. If you play for long periods of time, this is ideal for you.
Since it is a Razer product, it’s not exactly the cheapest. However, it’s a well-rounded pad that will work with any sensor. It’s comfortable, it performs well and it looks cool. What more could you want from an extended mouse pad?
Things To Consider Before Buying an Extended Mouse Pad
If you want to compete with the big boys on your favorite games, you’re going to need the best equipment. Extended mouse pads come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and materials.
Knowing which one suits your needs the best is crucial. You can’t expect to pull off 360-spin headshot kills if your mouse pad isn’t the best perfect for your mouse.
Still unsure about which extended mouse pad to go with? Here are some things for you to consider.
What Mouse Do You Play With?
The mouse you play with will determine the type of mouse pad you need. Mouse pads come in several materials and are primarily smooth and textured. Harder surfaces such as aluminum and plastic are ideal for laser mice.
For optical mice, a softer surface will be better suited. The softer material on a soft mouse pad will influence the flow of the laser. This will cause your mouse strokes to lag and shake. Choose the best material for your mouse and you will feel the difference.
Is Comfort Important To You?
There are a couple of factors that influence comfort of a mouse pad. The softer materials such as cloth will obviously be more comfortable than plastic or aluminum. If you game for long periods of time, a softer mouse pad may be necessary to prevent wrist injuries.
If you are prone to wrist injuries or discomfort, choose a mouse pad with additional wrist support. They may cost more but for your health’s sake, it’s worth it.
If you need something extra, you always have the option of purchasing separate wrist support. The amount of support a mouse pad can offer is limited. If you suffer with carpal tunnel syndrome, you may need more.
Most of the brands offering extended mouse pads will also sell branded wrist supports. Comfort for mouse pads is as important as buying a gaming chair.
Do You Need It To Be Waterproof?
Spillages are inevitable when we are gaming. It’s easy to knock over your drink when you are completely focused on the game at hand. Luckily for us, a lot of extended mouse pads are now waterproof. Plastic and aluminum mouse pads are naturally waterproof.
Cloth pads are sometimes covered in a waterproof material that wicks the liquid away.This extra feature will usually come at a cost but it’s definitely worth it if you drink at your desk. If you don’t have drinks at your desk, save yourself a few bucks and don’t worry about this one.
What Kind of Games Do You Play?
Another factor that will influence the kind of mouse pad you will need is what genre of games you play. First person shooters require speed, precision and accuracy. Faster materials will offer the best support for a fast moving mouse. For slower paced games such as strategy and puzzle games, a softer, more comfortable pad is probably more suitable.
Do You Want Textured or Smooth?
The texture of an extended mouse pad has a lot of influence over its performance. The level of grip that a mouse pad has will affect your mouses speed of movement. The increased grip of a textured pad will create more friction. The result is a smoother hover with greater feedback.
This is ideal for games that require constant, precise movements (think snipers!). Smooth mouse pads, on the other hand, are the complete opposite. They have little grip and are perfect for speedy mouse movements.
FPS and fast-actioned games are perfect examples of games you would want to play on a smooth mouse pad. If you can’t decide, don’t worry. There are extended mouse pads on the market that offer the best of both worlds. They may be more expensive but if you are undecided, they are definitely your best choice.
Best Extended Mouse Pad: Our Final Review
Your mouse pad should compliment your game and make it better. If your current mouse pad is causing you problems, it’s probably time to upgrade. All of the extended mouse pads on this list are good choices.
However, there are benefits and drawbacks to all of them. Hopefully our buyers guide has helped to make your decision a little bit easier.
In our opinion, the Reflex Lab is the most well-rounded mouse pad on the market. It’s ideal for those want something that is guaranteed to perform. If you want to save some money, consider the VicTsing. It’s half the price but packs the same punch as most of the others.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to your personal preference. Choose the one that fits your needs the most and we guarantee you will be happy.