Enema administration has been used for quite some time to stimulate stool evacuation, especially in cases of constipation.
This process helps in pushing waste or fecal matter out of the rectum when the bowel or gastrointestinal system cannot do so on its own.
With the complexity – or rather, the importance of this process – it is crucial that you get a good enema tool.
Usually, enemas are sold in kits. Notably, when you pick an enema, it should be able to facilitate an easy administration of enema fluid for various functionalities.
To find the best enema kit for constipation or simply the best enema suited for you, we have compiled a list of top rated kits.
Best Enema Kits 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Enema Kits 2019
- 2 1. PurEnema Stainless Steel Bucket Kit – Best Overall
- 3 2. 4 Quart Silicone Flowmaster Complete Colon Cleansing Enema Kit – Largest Capacity
- 4 3. SoulGenie Health and Yoga Enema Kit – Best Medical Grade Enema Kit
- 5 4. Cleanstream All-In-One Enema Kit – Professional Quality
- 6 5. Seeking Health PurEnema System – Best for Home and Professional Use
- 7 Uses of Enema
- 8 Things to Consider Before Buying an Enema Kit
- 9 Final Thoughts
|PurEnema Stainless Steel Bucket Kit|
|4 Quart Silicone Flowmaster Complete Colon Cleansing Enema Kit|
|SoulGenie Health And Yoga Enema Kit|
|Cleanstream All-In-One Enema Kit|
|Seeking Health PurEnema System|
1. PurEnema Stainless Steel Bucket Kit – Best OverallThe PurEnema Stainless Steel Bucket Kit is a complete and easy to assemble enema kit that combines the safety of medical-grade silicon make with the durability of an innovative stainless steel design.
Moreover, all the components of this kit are compatible with PurEnema products which ascertain easy replacement and quick customization of parts. Likewise, its stainless steel design not only assures durability but also provides safety, functionality, purity, comfort, and sense of style.
PurEnema Stainless Steel Bucket Kit comes with a 2.5 Quart capacity. Additionally, marks are inside its falls for easy measuring and mixing.
Furthermore, it has a comprehensive instruction booklet that provides instructions for use and cleaning as well as tips to optimize digestive health. Simiarly, this product can last for several years with proper care.
Lastly, as for the storage, it is prudent to always clean and sanitize this enema kit after every use. First, hand dry the kit with a clean towel and allow it to air dry completely before storing. Then, always store it in normal room temperature and avoid direct sunlight exposure.
2. 4 Quart Silicone Flowmaster Complete Colon Cleansing Enema Kit – Largest Capacity
delivers enema solution higher into the colon compared to other standard enema set-ups. It gently pushes through the colon and clears any blockages. 4 Quart Silicone Flowmaster Complete Colon Cleansing Enema Kit
Moreover, this kit is feature packed with state of the art tools that lets users clean their colon without leaking or cramping. It also eliminates the various expenses associated with numerous colon therapies or bulkiness associated with colon boards.
Likewise, assembling this product is pretty easy. All you need to do is connect the kit’s silicon hose to the enema bag and follow the arrows marked on the clear valves that face away from the pack.
Better used for home colon cleansing, this kit comes with the following:
- An open-topped 4 Quart Silicone Flowmaster Complete Colon Cleansing Enema Kit
- A high capacity and heavy-duty and latex-free bag that has a double eyelet; one on each side.
- One-vinyl coated S-hook
- A complete pump fluid delivery system with a 6-feet silicone hose, 12 flow positions, and multi-position clamp.
- One latex-free silicone tube of 30”. It is smooth with a tapered end that makes insertion more comfortable. It also disassembles easily for thorough cleaning.
Finally, like other kits on the market, this kit also comes with a downloadable enema booklet guide on how to use the kit to clean out the entire colon as well as its proper storage measures.
3. SoulGenie Health and Yoga Enema Kit – Best Medical Grade Enema KitAs mentioned, enemas are perhaps the best natural method of cleaning the colon, managing constipation, and body detoxification. Well, the SoulGenie Health and Yoga Enema Kit should be your choice if you are looking to achieve all these.
This kit is designed with much care, making the whole process easy and delightful. Additionally, it comes with several stainless steel components that are sufficiently large and easy to clean. These include the enema nozzles and other accessories.
Similarly, like other top products on this list, the SoulGenie Health and Yoga Enema Kit is latex-free, sterilized, and easy to assemble. It also comes with a detailed enema instruction booklet that makes it easy to practice and ascertains success to the whole process.
4. Cleanstream All-In-One Enema Kit – Professional QualityDo you prefer hard or soft? Well, regardless of your choice, the Cleanstream All-In-One Enema Kit has you covered. It is a classic anal plug made of a sturdy yet lightweight aluminum that fits easily to the end of an enema shower hose.
If you need a deep clean, go for the soft and flexible tip that is comfortable and offers an incredibly penetrating cleaning. It features two slim attachments that are ideal for use with classic enema functionalities.
Meanwhile, the shower adapter allows users to screw the hose into your existing shower system; thus, it helps in regulating water flow.
Hence, with a continuous but controllable water flow at your disposal, and collection of tips, you can truly experience a customized cleansing. The tip attached to the showerhead takes advantage of the house’s water pressure rather than gravity to create a flushing force.
5. Seeking Health PurEnema System – Best for Home and Professional UseThe Seeking Health PurEnema kit is the ultimate choice for those who need a system for home and professional use. This is perhaps because it is the only system that provides all-medical grade silicone parts. Similarly, all the parts of this enema kit are reusable as they are made of non-toxic materials.
Furthermore, the enema tip is wide enough to enable it to stay in place until you remove it. This allows for better retention of the enema liquid as well as minimizes the risks of leaking or being unable to retain the liquid for the prescribed period. Plus, the enema tip attaches easily to the enema hose and inserts comfortably into the rectum.
Being made of medical grade silicone, it is not only durable but also lasts long, especially with proper care. Note that silicon is additionally safer compared to plastic enema tips as it is less porous and more resistant to bacteria.
Uses of Enema
- Transanal irrigation – Common; they are used to irrigate the anal cavity to relieve bowel disorders. Introducing water or other liquid into the rectum or colon resolves fecal and bowel impaction.
- Bowel management – Bowel disorders such as IBS and Crohn’s disease can be relieved by bouts of enema injections. This reduces spasms, discomfort, and the urge to strain.
- An alternative to laxatives – Laxatives are the mainstay treatment for constipation. However, enemas are a non-medication alternative to laxatives, which may have harsh chemicals such as psyllium husk.
- Contrast for X-rays – digestive system X-rays such as barium swallows are better delivered with enema kits. Rather than ingesting the X-ray dye or having an intravenous injection, enema supply kits can be used to place the dye solution directly into the colon.
- Medical administration – Some medical conditions may make it impossible for patients to swallow medication on their own. Enema kits come in handy at such moments as they provide faster delivery of drugs into the bloodstream.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Enema Kit
Enema kits come in handy for various medical applications. It is due to this that you must find a good enema kit to suit your needs.
This can be challenging, especially with plenty of kits on the market today. To guide your search, some of the factors you should consider when shopping are outlined below.
Disposable vs. Reusable Kits
Perhaps your starting point should be determining how many times you will need to use the kit. Do you need an equipment to be used once or twice or one that will last a long time? There are both disposable and reusable enema kits available.
If you need to use enema kits once or twice, you will save some money by getting a disposable one. However, if you intend to use them for quite some time, consider reusable enema kits.
Enema Kit Materials
Enema kits can either be rubber or silicone. Both elements are body safe and easy to clean; however, they come at different price levels.
Rubber is quite thicker than silicone; hence, it is quite durable. However, if your skin is material sensitive, consider a silicone enema bag instead. It is an inert material that doesn’t have sensitivity issues.
Enema Bag Size
Note that different enema solutions are effective when given at different dosages. Different people may require more or less liquid in their enema depending on their situations.
Whereas you can easily refill the enema bag, it is easier to fit all the liquid once. Therefore, determine the amount of liquid required for the desired enema solution to help you evaluate the size of the bag you should go for.
Enema kits provide a better, easier, and more natural way of relieving medical disorders such as constipation. However, the success of these procedures relies on the type of enema kit you choose.
All the kits outlined in our review can surely provide the best experience. Besides being feature-packed and reliable for these procedures, these products have received outstanding positive customer reviews and feedback on their effectiveness as well.
Besides enema kit size and material make, look at other factors such as length of hose, ease of use, cleanability, portability, and durability, too.
That said, which of our products would you choose for your alleviation needs? Share with us in the comments section below.