As opposed to their traditional counterparts, electric woks do not need a stovetop to serve as a heat source. Instead, modern woks are equipped with in-built electric burners.
In this regard, you only need to plug your wok to an electrical outlet and you are ready to prepare any stir-fry Asian cuisine.
This being the case, most electric wok products are compact and portable; hence easier to use almost anywhere in your home or when you are out camping.
However, choosing the best electric wok for any application is not that easy. Not only are there many makes and models to choose from, but the various features and capabilities can also be a bit confusing, so you’ll want to know how to use one.
As you will learn later in this guide, you need to consider such aspects as the capacity, material, safety, and adjustability of the unit.
However, you will still have many electric woks to choose from. Therefore, here are reviews of five of the best electric woks available today.
Best Electric Woks 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Electric Woks 2019
- 2 1. Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok – Best Overall
- 3 2. Breville BEW600XL – The Best Stainless steel electric Wok
- 4 3. Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok – The Best Electric Wok Below $100
- 5 4. West Bend 79586 6-Quart Capacity Electric Wok – The Best High-End Electric Wok
- 6 5. Starfrit 024404-002-0000 Electric Multi-Pot with Handles, 4.5 quart – Best Tempered Glass Lid
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Buying an Electric Wok
- 8 Our Final Take
|Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok|
|Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok|
|West Bend 79586 6-Quart Capacity Electric Wok|
|Starfrit 024404-002-0000 Electric Multi-Pot with Handles, 4.5 quart|
1. Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok – Best OverallWhen it comes to robust construction and enhanced ease of use, few brands can beat the Presto 5900 Stainless Steel Electric Wok. This 17-inch diameter product features tough and durable stainless steel construction.
Additionally, it also boasts a high-performance, 1500-watt electric heating element that has been proven to reach a maximum temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
While some people may view the lack of a non-stick coating as a downside, it may actually make things easier for you. Without this coating, you will find it easier to season the bowl on your own using oil, prior to cooking. Hence, you will not need to worry about scratching the delicate non-stick coating.
Moreover, this electric wok pan comes with a clear lid and long wooden spatula.
2. Breville BEW600XL – The Best Stainless steel electric WokOne of the things you will definitely love about this product is its unique construction. In this regard, the product features a stainless steel base and a die-cast bowl.
Like many of the best electric woks today, this product is equipped with a 1500-watt heating element. However, the wok is fitted with several heat settings to maximize its heat soaring potential.
Consequently, the aluminum layers of the bowl not only allow the extraordinarily high temperature to sear the food; they also help seal moisture in. Likewise, it has a Quantanium non-stick layer to prevent food to make the product easier to clean.
Meanwhile, it boasts a transparent glass lid allows and a removable temperature control probe.
3. Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok – The Best Electric Wok Below $100The Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart electric wok is relatively affordable, packed with a range of superior features, and uses a 1500-watt healing coil.
The wok is fitted with an accessible adjustable temperature control and features a premium non-stick interior. In this regard, you may use the high-temperature setting for super quick stir fries or just stick to the lower warm heat setting for serving.
Additionally, cleaning this product is easy. However, you first need to remove the temperature control before using a dishwasher.
4. West Bend 79586 6-Quart Capacity Electric Wok – The Best High-End Electric WokThis may not be the cheapest product in this guide, but it has a set of unique and desirable characteristics to offer. To begin, you will find the 1500-watt heating element substantial for an array of cooking requirements. Furthermore, the product features a nonstick coating and is safe for indoor and outdoor use.
You will never experience any difficulties cleaning the wok either. In this regard, it is dishwasher safe and may be immersed in water while cleaning. Moreover, this product is made of high quality iron material for enhanced durability and even heat distribution.
5. Starfrit 024404-002-0000 Electric Multi-Pot with Handles, 4.5 quart – Best Tempered Glass LidThe Starfrit Multi-Pot wok is a quality, spacious product fitted with a high-vaulted lid. It additionally has a rapid heating system.
This heating system has been proven to deliver a consistent heating experience to make cooking fun for you. Moreover, this is coupled with full-range temperature control. This makes it easier to regulate heat to suit different cooking requirements.
Furthermore, it comes with the accessories you will need, which includes a steam bracket, cooking chopsticks, and a tempura holder.
Lastly, it uses a sturdy non-stick coating. However, it sets itself apart from other brands by featuring a reliable warranty.
Things You Need to Know Before Buying an Electric Wok
In China, Woks have been in use for more than 2,000 years now. Initially, these units were primarily used for stir-frying. As opposed to the traditional woks, modern units feature an in-built electric burner.
This makes them more versatile in preparing an array of Asian dishes. As compared to the traditional stovetop woks, modern electric woks are also compact in design and easier to use.
Many users also love the fact that these products are relatively portable. As such, you will find them easier to use almost anywhere, ranging from the dining table to the kitchen island or even on a campsite.
Hence, knowing the important aspects and features of electric woks will put you in a better position to buy the right unit. If you are currently shopping for the best electric wok, here are some of the main considerations you need to make:
Quality is a key consideration when choosing the best electric wok for whichever application. Therefore, you should only invest in products that are made of high-quality materials.
Most of the electric wok models available today are made of aluminum or stainless steel. They both have their unique set of benefits and downsides. As such, you need to be very careful when choosing the right electric wok material.
Generally, it is advisable to go for materials that have a non-stick surface for easy cleaning. As for the exterior surface, you can go for what works with your kitchen décor or whatever finish you prefer. Again, the type of material used to make the wok will also determine its cost.
Different Asian cuisines require different temperatures to prepare. To ensure that you have bought a really versatile unit that is capable of preparing more recipes, adjustability should be a main consideration.
One of the main aspects you need to check, in this regard, is the heat settings on your preferred electric wok. Some of these products may not be able to reach the same optimal temperature as traditional woks.
However, a good number of them can easily maintain a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This should be enough to prepare almost all Asian cuisines.
In this regard, you also need to check how easy it is for you to adjust the heat settings. The right model should give you enhanced control over several aspects of cooking, including the heat level.
3. Wok Capacity
The best electric woks for cooking available today come in a wide range of sizes. If you are shopping for a wok to use at home, you should check its capacity against your family size.
Some people are tempted to go for the largest capacity they can get. However, you should first ensure that you have enough storage space for the unit on the countertops.
As you may be aware, various electric appliances are required to meet certain pre-set standards. Not only are woks electrical appliances, but they also produce a considerable amount of heat. As such, you need to ensure that your preferred product is safe for you and the entire family.
Additionally, the electrical components used in your preferred electrical wok should be of the best quality. Basically, you should only go for the products that meet industry standards. It is also advisable to choose electric woks that offer additional safety features.
Our Final Take
As you have learned throughout this guide, you need to consider several aspects before making this choice. Regardless of the intended application, this guide will help you choose the best electric wok.
Electric wok reviews are a good way of determining a list of what you would need your material to have. Now, if you still can’t exactly decide, feel free to choose any one of our reviewed products.