Cooktops are an important kitchen appliance that is used from simple tasks, such as making tea, to complex endeavors such as grilling a piece of steak. Most households’ cooktops are a range that connects to an oven below.
Whether you’re experimenting with new recipes or making a simple meal, you need a solid set of cookware. Consider buying a stainless steel cookware set which is considered top-of-the-line in terms of cookware for great reason. Stainless steel is resistant to tarnishing and rust. It’s also ideal for virtually any kind of cooking.
These are a great option if you have space and use the oven frequently. If you lack the space however or do not intend to use the oven, a built-in cooktop is your best option.
Cooktops provide flexible design options in providing both aesthetics and convenience in the kitchen. Downdraft cooktops will aid in reducing the heat in the kitchen and allow more storage space at the same time.
The extra space can be used to store other crockery and cutlery. In this guide, we’ll review top rated downdraft cooktops and compare the features of each model.
What is a Downdraft Cooktop?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Downdraft Cooktop?
- 2 Comparing The Best Downdraft Cooktops
- 3 1. Frigidaire RC36DG60PS 36″ Built-In Downdraft Gas Cooktop – The Most Powerful Cooktop
- 4 2. DCS CDV304N 30″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop – Downdraft – Best Ergonomic Dials
- 5 3. Bosch NGM5655UC500 36″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop – Best Constructed Cooktop
- 6 4. GE Profile 30″ Built-In Gas Downdraft Cooktop-White PGP9830TJWW – An All-Purpose Burner
- 7 5. Kitchen Aid KCGD500GSS 30 4 Burner Stainless Steel Gas Downdraft Cooktop – Best for Professionals
- 8 6. GE PP9830DJBB
- 9 7. KitchenAid KCED600GBL
- 10 8. KitchenAid Architect Series II KECD807XBL
- 11 9. GE Profile 30″ Built-In Gas Downdraft Cooktop PGP9830DJBB
- 12 10. KitchenAid KCGD506GSS
- 13 Features of the Best Downdraft Cooktops
- 14 Most Common Issues People Have with Downdraft Cooktops?
- 15 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Downdraft Cooktops
- 16 Ready To Buy The Best Downdraft Cooktop?
When cooking at home, one thing which you need to keep under control is the steam and smoke. If you get a nice cooktop, it will have built-in features for handling the smoke.
In downdraft cooktops, the fumes and smoke are all sucked down underneath the cooktop. To do this, there is a ventilation system which is installed underneath the cooktop.
Whether you are looking for a face uplift or just want the convenience of a downdraft cooktop, finding the best one that bodes with your kitchen can be a bit of a task. Read our review further to learn more.
Comparing The Best Downdraft Cooktops
|Kitchen Aid KCGD500GSS|
|KitchenAid Architect Series II KECD807XBL|
|GE Profile 30″ Built-In Gas Downdraft Cooktop PGP9830DJBB|
1. Frigidaire RC36DG60PS 36″ Built-In Downdraft Gas Cooktop – The Most Powerful CooktopThe Frigidaire RC36DG60PS is a 36-inch gas cooktop that seamlessly eradicates smoke and odors while cooking. The cooktop has four burners that enable you to prepare more than one meal at a time.
If you happen to be an impatient cook, you will appreciate the PowerPlus Boil feature. This comes with a 17,000 BTU which makes is quick and easy to boil anything super-fast. In addition to the above cookery essentials, the cooktop is easy to regulate thanks to the Pro-Select controls.
For professional chefs, the continuous grates are always a plus because they enable you to move pans and pots without necessarily having to lift them. With a dishwasher-safe filter, this cooktop is also easy to clean.
2. DCS CDV304N 30″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop – Downdraft – Best Ergonomic DialsDCS is a renowned name in downdraft cooktops, and the DCS CDV304N is no exception. The cooktop comes with sealed dual burners, which is a trademark of the company. These burners are able to heat your meal quickly using up to 15,000 BTU heating power.
On the lower spectrum, the burners are also capable of simmering sauces at a constant 3,000 BTU. The cooktop comes with a great stainless steel finish that ensures you can easily clean the cooking surface.
The cooktop has a good portable size that makes it ideal for any sized kitchen surface. In addition, the deep platform full coverage style makes it easy to move kitchenware around with ease.
To enhance control the cooktop has metals dials that are ergonomically placed and are easy to read.
3. Bosch NGM5655UC500 36″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop – Best Constructed CooktopThe Bosch NGM5655UC500 is equipped with stainless steel grates and features a very simple design. The grates are easily removable making cleaning an easy task on this one.
The five burners are well spaced out to enable the cooker to use all of them simultaneously if need be. The industrial class metal knobs set this cooktop apart from the competition. This makes the cooker durable and almost not needing a replacement.
Bosch is also geared to making this cooktop the only one you will ever need by providing a comprehensive warranty. The warranty covers coverage from defects and will offer replacements and repairs within the stipulated time.
4. GE Profile 30″ Built-In Gas Downdraft Cooktop-White PGP9830TJWW – An All-Purpose BurnerThis high-grade GE Profile Downdraft gas cooktop is unique as it comes with an all-purpose burner of 11,500 BTU. The high temperature allows you to quickly cook meals and boil water.
To accompany the high-temperature burner, the cooktop has convenient edge-to-edge grates that are heavy enough to support heavy cookery. The knob controls are also durable and come with LED lighting to let you know when they are switched on. These also add to the aesthetics of the cooktop.
The 30- inch GE Profile has a sealed cooktop burner that assists in containing any spills that may come about when cooking. Most people don’t enjoy cleaning cooktops, and GE’s inclusion of dishwasher-safe grates is set to make your cleansing job stress-free.