The worst part of diaper changes, especially for babies with sensitive skin, are the horrible and painful rashes that tend to happen now and then.
Your baby is not only in pain, but he or she is also uncomfortable. Parents are therefore on a continuous quest to find disposable diapers that are gentle on the baby’s skin and cause no irritation.
Additionally, the diapers should be free of harmful chemicals that sometimes end up in diapers in a bid to make them more absorbent. There are some things you must take into account if you are to find that ideal diaper for your baby’s sensitive skin.
To help you with this decision here is a review of the top rated diapers for delicate skin.
The Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin
- 2 1. Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers, Size Newborn — For Gentle Skin Protection
- 3 2. Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Disposable Diapers Newborn Size 1 (8-14 lb.) — The Most Reputable Diaper Brand
- 4 3. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Free and Clear for Sensitive Skin with Animal Prints — The Most Affordable Choice
- 5 4. Bamboo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers Classic for Sensitive Skin Size 1 — The Most Environment-Friendly Diapers
- 6 5. Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers Newborn 50 Count-Pack — The Best Value for Your Money
- 7 What to Consider When Purchasing Diapers for Sensitive Skin
- 8 Ready to Purchase Diapers for Your Baby?
|Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers, Size Newborn|
|Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Disposable Diapers Newborn Size 1 (8-14 lb.)|
|Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Free and Clear for Sensitive Skin with Animal Prints|
|Bamboo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers Classic for Sensitive Skin Size 1|
|Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers Newborn 50 Count-Pack|
1. Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers, Size Newborn — For Gentle Skin ProtectionThe Huggies brand has been around for about 40 years. Opinions on their diapers are varied but the one thing that has held true over the years is that they have some of the best diapers for gentle skin protection.
The Huggies Little Snugglers, in particular, are designed to keep your newborn’s skin clean and healthy. They have a DryTouch liner that immediately absorbs moisture to help keep the baby dry and irritation-free. The wetness indicator (a yellow stripe that turns blue) ensures you always know when it is time to change the baby. Consequently, you avoid breakouts caused by an overstayed diaper.
To guarantee your baby’s sensitive skin is not affected, the Huggies Little Snugglers are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. The diapers have a soft outer cover that keeps the baby comfortable and allows the skin to breathe.
The leak lock system provides up to 12 hours of protection against leaks. That means you do not have to worry if you cannot get to a dirty diaper immediately. The double grip strips facilitate a comfortable and lasting fit. Additionally, they help guard against leaks especially if your baby is active and constantly moving his/her legs.
Finally, it is essential to note that the diapers feature Disney characters such as Winnie the Pooh. The designs guarantee your newborn looks cute and adorable which is always a plus.
2. Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Disposable Diapers Newborn Size 1 (8-14 lb.) — The Most Reputable Diaper BrandWhen it comes to baby and toddler products; Pampers is one of the most reputable brands in the world. It is known for its high-quality products, and the Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive are no different. The diapers are designed to provide the best care for sensitive skin.
To start with; the diapers are hypoallergenic. That means they have been tested to ensure they are allergy-free. The hypoallergenic nature helps maintain your baby’s healthy-looking skin. Similar to Huggies, the Pampers Swaddlers also have a wetness indicator to let you know when your baby needs changing.
The diapers are blankie soft to guarantee gentleness on your baby’s sensitive skin. The unique Absorb Away Liner pulls the wetness and the mess away from the baby’s skin. His/her skin is thus protected, and the baby remains dry.
The diaper’s design facilitates effective and even distribution of wetness. As a result, it offers up to 12 hours of protection without leakage. The diaper’s contoured notch accommodates your newborn’s belly button as it heals.
Please note that the Pampers Swaddlers are not just for newborns. Size 1, in particular, is for newborns, but the diapers are available in sizes newborn to 4. A size 4 can easily fit a 25 pound 1 ½ to 2-year-old. The diapers have a great fit, and the only trick is to ensure you get the right size for your baby.
3. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers, Free and Clear for Sensitive Skin with Animal Prints — The Most Affordable ChoiceSeventh Generation Diapers biggest plus is that they are affordable without compromising on quality. The diapers are ideal for your baby’s sensitive skin because of the ultra-absorbent core. The absorbent core keeps your baby dry and ensures the wetness is not in close contact with your baby’s skin. Consequently, your baby will not experience diaper rash.
Also, the core has 0% chlorine bleach which means your baby is not exposed to harmful chemicals that cause rashes or breakouts. The diapers have been clinically proven to be gentle on your baby’s skin. They are hypoallergenic, and they contain neither fragrances nor lotions. Usually, diapers with fragrances tend to irritate sensitive skin. The seventh Generation ensures their diapers are irritation-free by avoiding all artificial fragrances.
Seventh Generation diapers have a soft quilted liner that is made with unbleached cotton. The liner is extremely soft to facilitate comfortability and avoid irritation. As a result, your baby’s sensitive and delicate skin is protected.
More on this Baby Diaper
It is also essential to note that Seventh Generation diapers are made from sustainably sourced materials. That makes them environment-friendly. Additionally, they have a cute design that features various animal prints. Aside from ensuring your toddler looks adorable, the animal prints emphasize the fact that Seventh generation contributes to protecting forests and the animals that live in them by using sustainable materials.
Seventh Generation diapers are available in size newborn to size six. You can thus use the diapers from when your baby is a newborn until he/she is 3 years old. Prices vary depending on size, but the variation is not that big. Finally, one should note that the inks used on diapers are free from lead or any other harmful heavy metals. With that, you can rest easy knowing your baby is not exposed to harmful elements.
4. Bamboo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers Classic for Sensitive Skin Size 1 — The Most Environment-Friendly DiapersThe Bamboo Nature brand has gone above and beyond to ensure their diapers are both eco-friendly and allergy-free. For one, the diapers have earned the Danish Asthma/Allergy certification. Any product with this certification guarantees a minimal to zero chance of developing dermatitis (eczema, rashes, blisters, etc.).
Second, the diapers have earned the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and are FSC certified. These two certifications prove that the diapers do not harm the environment during manufacture.
The diapers are ultra-absorbent which helps keep the wetness away from the baby’s skin. Also, the absorbent nature ensures the diapers are perfect for both daytime and overnight use. The diapers are dermatologically tested to ensure they are free from known allergens, and all the substances classified as irritating, sensitizing, carcinogenic or mutagenic. For this reason, you can be sure you are not exposing your baby to harmful chemicals.
The diapers have a breathable back-sheet that helps reduce the risk of rash or skin irritation. This line of diapers—for sensitive skin—are available in 25 sizes. It is vital to get the right size to maximize fit and avoid leaks.
5. Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers Newborn 50 Count-Pack — The Best Value for Your MoneyAlthough the Andy Pandy brand has not been around for long, that does not negate the effectiveness of their diapers. First introduced in 2013, the Andy Pandy brand is a small family-owned business that prides itself on attention to details.
The Andy Pandy Diapers accomplish three main goals: they are cost-efficient, they are environmentally conscious, and they protect your baby’s sensitive skin.
The diapers are cost-efficient because they do not leak nor tear easily. As a result, you use fewer diapers which in turn means buying fewer diapers. Also, you use fewer creams and ointments for baby rashes which means you save money.
As the name suggests, the diapers are made from Bamboo. Bamboo is a renewable resource that grows fast without excessive use of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides. The use of Bamboo helps to ensure the diapers are eco-friendly.
Third, and arguably most important, the Andy Pandy diapers protect your baby’s sensitive skin. The diapers are 100% free of Chlorine, Phthalates, Latex, PVC, TBT, Alcohol, Preservatives and Anti-oxidants. In essence, the diapers lack any chemical that might irritate your baby’s sensitive skin. In addition, bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial. That helps protect from allergies and gels well with sensitive skin.
In addition to those three very essential characteristics, the Andy Pandy diapers are also designed for maximum comfortability and breathability. For comfortability, they have a leakage barrier that facilities a snug fit and helps prevent blowouts. For breathability, the diapers back sheet are made from 100% perforated bamboo fiber which allows fresh air to circulate keeping your baby’s skin dry.
What to Consider When Purchasing Diapers for Sensitive Skin
Knowing the best diapers for sensitive skin is not enough. There are some things to consider to ensure you select the best for yourself and your baby.
The Diaper’s Ingredients
Diaper manufacturers are not required to list what is in their diapers. That means it is up to you to find out so as to make certain the diapers are safe for your baby’s skin. Check what product page says about the diapers, do further research and read a lot of reviews.
The rule of thumb is that you should avoid diapers that have chlorine and fragrances.
It is impossible to change diapers hourly. That means you ought to get diapers that have fast-absorbing layers. These layers should protect as long as possible without leakage.
Note also that wet and leaking diapers can chafe your baby’s skin or cause burning. That is why the diapers you choose must have leakage protection.
For most parents, the issue is not so much leakage but rather sizing. An ill-fitting diaper will automatically cause leakage. Additionally, it will be uncomfortable. Anytime you are shopping for diapers, ensure they fit right. They shouldn’t be too tight because that will cause rashes and discomfort. They also shouldn’t be loose as that will lead to blowouts.
The key thing is to follow the sizing guidelines provided on the product page. Go through the guide and determine the best possible size for your baby. If the pack seems too small, always consider going a size up.
Usually, your baby will be in a diaper for 2-3 hours at a time. It is crucial that for those three hours he/she be comfortable. The only way to facilitate this is to choose diapers made from comfortable and soft lining such as cotton. Soft material does not rub the baby’s skin harshly.
Additionally, the material should be hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic products are allergy-free which means your baby will avoid irritations. When it comes to comfort, note that you might not get it right on the first try.
Try a couple of diapers and observe which brand works best with your baby’s sensitive skin. This is important because each baby is different and reading countless reviews will not tell you how your baby, in particular, will respond to that diaper.
Newborns and in general babies go through an incredible amount of diapers. That means you have to factor in cost. Most parents prefer to go for brands that offer the best value for their money.
That means the diapers are reasonably priced, and they offer all the crucial requirements. Always check the cost to determine which diaper gels best with you budge.
Ready to Purchase Diapers for Your Baby?
Ultimately, only you can decide which diaper fits your baby’s sensitive skin best. As mentioned earlier, each baby is different and you cannot solely rely on user reviews. In reality, you might end up going through all the five brands listed in the guide before finding one that is right for you.
The only consensus you can bank on is that with our detailed review, the listed brands are considered the best in the market when it comes to sensitive skin.