Delta Machinery is a longstanding favorite brand in professional-grade stationary woodworking tools. Their 36-5000 10″ Left Tilt Contractor Saw with 30″ RH Rip with Steel Wings follows in this tradition.
Advanced woodworkers, professional workshops and more can appreciate a good contractor saw. Stationary contractor saws are more powerful than a portable table saw.
If you are interested in this review, perhaps you already have reasons for looking into a stationary contractor saw. These are different and much more powerful than folding saws.
It does not come set up, but that ensures it will fit through a typical door. Setup should be simple regardless, and you will not want to move it much after that.
Stationary contractor saws can cost several thousand dollars, but this one works well at a much lower price. To get more specific, this is a 10-in left-tilt table saw with Biesemeyer style fence. The fence locks and unlocks with one hand.
What Do We Love About the Delta 36-5000?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Do We Love About the Delta 36-5000?
- 2 Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw Features
- 3 What Makes The Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw So Awesome
- 4 How to Install Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
- 5 User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
- 6 How Much Does the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw Cost?
- 7 Why Buy the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
The Biesemeyer fence is rigid, stable and adjustable. All of this contributes to sawing accuracy. Woodworkers looking to advance beyond a basic table saw will appreciate the power, precision and enduring quality of these saws.
Currently selling for $800, it depends how much you expect to use the saw. It is likely, however, that you will get value out of it from some years of use.
This stationary saw includes important safety features. The saw will also sit stably on your workshop floor. Best of all, there is a five-year warranty with all new machinery from the company.
Delta Machinery considers and has considered woodworking an art form for many years. The company strives to live up to its legacy of professional quality in the market. In addition, the company has almost 100 years of experience in the business.
Read on to discover the specifications, features, reviews and more about these saws.
Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw Specs
- Amps: 15-amp
- Horsepower: 1-HP
- Hertz: 60-Hz
- Voltage: Dual Voltage 120V – 240V
- Arbor: 5/8″
- Blade Tilt: 45° Left
- Depth of Cut at 90°: 3-1/2″
- Depth of Cut at 45°: 2-1/4″
- Rip Right of Blade: 30″
- Rip Left of Blade: 15″
- Table Size: 20 in. W X 27″ L (50″ W x 27″ L with WINGS)
- Dado Capacity: 13/16″ X 8″
- Dust Port Size: FIT 2-1/2” HOSE (WITH 4” ADAPTER)
- Width with Fence: 57″
- Height: 44″
- Depth: 33″
- Weight: 230 lbs.
Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw Features
The table saw expert or connoisseur will best understand the features of the Delta 5000 contractor saw. Here are some of the important ones.
- Stable Stand: Unique Tubular Stand for maximum support and stability
- Quality Fence: Heavy Duty Biesemeyer style fence with Dual rip windows
- Power Switch: Large, easy to access ON/OFF switch
- Safety Brake: Blade Brake stops the blade within seconds of the power being turned off
- Rail for Accuracy: Heavy duty one-piece rail system for precision cuts every time
- Powerful Tool:75 Horsepower, 15 AMPS of power
- Angle and Depth of Cut: Maximum depth of cut at 45 degrees is 2.25 inches
- Angle and Depth of Cut: Maximum depth of cut at 90 degrees is 3.5 inches
- Warranty: Five-Year
What Makes The Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw So Awesome
Here are a few of this saw’s standout characteristics:
- Durability: With this saw, you can work with heavy wood quite hard and for long periods of time. This should be possible for years.
- Great Fence: The Biesemeyer fence really helps with accurate cuts. The saw has dual rip windows and a single piece rail system.
- Safety: There is a blade brake on this saw for safety purposes if the power is cut. Also, it has anti-kickback pawls and a blade brake.
- Rip Capacity: The blade itself is 10 inches, and the design aims to prevent splitting. In addition, the saw has a 15-inch left side rip capacity and a 30-inch right side rip capacity.
How to Install Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
The saw comes with a 100-page manual, but do not despair–unpacking and assembly instructions take less than 10 pages. The manual can be found via Delta, online here. Please note, it would help to have two people to assist with some aspects of the installation.
First, ensure you have all the components you are supposed to. The instructions will then lead you to put together the tube framework, stationary legs and wheels.
Next, you will be instructed to put together the rails, followed by the fence guide and power control box. Then, there is the throat plate, blade and riving knife.
After that, follow the directions to install the anti-kickback pawls, blade guard, rip fence and miter gauge. Finally, before cutting, adjust the bevel stops and secure the saw to the floor. Be sure to follow all safety instructions at all times.
User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
It is worthwhile to peruse professional and customer reviews on various websites and in publications. This will inform any consumer’s expectations about the product, as well as purchasing decision.
Most Common Complaints
- Motor Failed: A minority of customers noted that the motor failed not long after purchase.
- Dust Collection: Customers wished there was better accommodation for dust collection with this saw.
Most Common Praises
- Excellent in Price Range: This saw is neither cheap nor the most expensive of its type. Purchasers said it worked very well, especially for the price.
- Powerful Tool: As stated, customers noted that this stationary saw cuts powerfully.
- Excellent Fence: Users like the Bieselmeyer style fence and the stability and accuracy it provides.
How Much Does the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw Cost?
The Delta 5000 contractor saw is available for purchase from large hardware stores for approximately $800. It can be found for $1000 or more from sellers via Amazon.
Monthly payment plans are also available from certain retailers and merchants. If you are specifically selecting a contractor stationary table saw, these prices are reasonable for the quality.
You may, however, be able to find a less expensive stationary table saw if you are more flexible with specifications.
Please note, any new Delta machinery comes with a five-year warranty.
Why Buy the Delta 36-5000 Contractor Saw
If on the market for a contractor saw from Delta, you are likely looking for more than a casual tool. While possibly not practical for a new hobbyist, this stationary saw is powerful for repeated use.
If you have a workshop or a business that uses stationary saws, this may be an excellent selection for you. It will hold up to repeated use, and you will not be disappointed with its power.
Setup is best with more than one person, but it is not difficult for such a large tool. The saw includes important features for safety and accurate cutting.
The Bieselmeyer style fence stood out as a useful feature of this stationary saw.
Whether you are a hobbyist or entrepreneur looking to take your craft to the next level or a professional or business who needs a saw to stand up to your workload, the Delta 5000 Contractor Saw may be a fit for you.