Daredevil is a fearless superhero who appears in many comic books published by Marvel Comics. He was created by the legendary Stan Lee, in 1964. The best daredevil costume will be made of leather, including a pair of batons, and will be form-fitting (Source).
As a child, Daredevil gained superhuman senses by being exposed to radioactive materials. This accident occurred as the result of him saving a man’s life, by pushing him out of the way of an out of control truck.
His father raised him to be an extremely moral individual that takes law and justice seriously. These teachings translated well into his adult life, as he is a lawyer by day, and a crime-fighting vigilante by night (Source).
Daredevil is tall and muscular and wears a tight-fitting bodysuit with long gloves and boots. He has strong and solid proportions, and always has his signature batons by his side. He is smooth and calculated and always knows exactly when to make the next move.
Due to Daredevil’s soaring popularity, there are a lot of costume options on the market. Before you purchase your new Daredevil costume, consider the fabric quality, durability, and cost. You should also consider its usage case and included props among other top aspects.
In this write up, we’ll examine all the top rated Daredevil consumes. All of the outfits in this review will look great and fit well, whether you are choosing a costume for a formal dress-up party, a casual costume event with friends, or just going trick or treating.
Is Daredevil’s Costume Made of Vibranium in MCU?
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Daredevil’s Costume Made of Vibranium in MCU?
- 2 Comparing The 5 Best Daredevil Costumes
- 3 1. CosplayDiy Men’s Costume for Daredevil Superhero — Highest Rated Daredevil Costume
- 4 2. Suit Yourself Daredevil Costume – The Most Detailed Daredevil Costume
- 5 3. Daredevil Costume Deluxe Top Pants Outfit Adult Halloween Cosplay Suit — Most Pocket-Friendly Daredevil Suit
- 6 4. DIY (Do It Yourself) Daredevil Ensemble — Highest Quality Daredevil Ensemble
- 7 5. Adult Deluxe Daredevil Costume — The Costume That Best Depicts the Comics’ Daredevil
- 8 How Did Daredevil Lose His Eyesight?
- 9 What Superpowers Does Daredevil Have?
- 10 What to Consider Before Purchasing a Daredevil Costume
- 11 Ready To Buy The Best Daredevil Costume?
If you have been following Daredevil in the MCU, then you might have seen the impressive new costumer design he wears in after the series.
The costume worn by him is super-strong. Matt Murdock, Daredevil’s alter ego, had witnessed the high resistive strength of Wilson Fisk’s business suit.
Fisk, who is Daredevil’s arch-nemesis, had been seen enduring so much in that suit without wear and tear on the fabric. That appealed to the blind Superhero.
So, he found the same metalsmith who created the suits for Fisk and got him to make the iconic costume made for him.
While the fabric of the costume is super durable, there is no clear indication if it is Vibranium.
Comparing The 5 Best Daredevil Costumes
|CosplayDiy Men’s Costume for Daredevil Superhero|
|Suit Yourself Daredevil Costume|
|Daredevil Costume Deluxe Top Pants Outfit Adult Halloween Cosplay Suit|
|DIY (Do It Yourself) Daredevil Ensemble|
|Adult Deluxe Daredevil Costume|
1. CosplayDiy Men’s Costume for Daredevil Superhero — Highest Rated Daredevil Costume
No products found.A lawyer by day and vigilante by night—Matt Murdock is not only smart; he is also a superhero. Stepping into this CosplayDiy Men’s Costume for Daredevil Superhero will allow you to embody his smartness as well as his lack of fear.
This ensemble draws inspiration from Netflix’s Marvels Daredevil Season 2. Thanks to this inspiration, the suit combines a burgundy shade of red with black elements. The costume is made up of a top, pants, a belt, shoe covers, knee guards, a thigh holster, two sticks, gloves, and a hat.
Most of the suit’s elements are made from PU leather. The top is an armor-style top jacket meant to showcase Daredevil’s dangerous nature. Meanwhile, the pants have a clean design, complete with an elastic waist for a more comfortable fit.
The thigh holster fastens with straps at the thigh, and it comes complete with the two batons synonymous with the Daredevil. In case the holster proves ill-fitting, you can quickly fix that with Velcro.
Notably, this suit is available in custom sizes. After ordering, you can email your specific measurements and get the costume made to size. Hence, it is available for men, women and even kids. However, its material is not stretchy, so order a size up.
- Available at a decent price
- Comes with accessories
- Embodies Netflix’s Daredevil
- Custom fit
- Helmet isn’t that good
- A better helmet might have to be bought
2. Suit Yourself Daredevil Costume – The Most Detailed Daredevil Costume
The burgundy jumpsuit has intricate details in matt black to give you the same design as the one in the series. Furthermore, the jumpsuit comes with the half mask, two silver-coated plastic batons, and red and black gloves.
All these features ensure that you can confidently wear this costume without feeling awkward about realism. This robust jumpsuit is made of polyester, which makes it quite efficient at providing a wrinkle-free experience as well.
- Realistic costume
- Includes plastic batons, gloves, and half mask
- Official accreditation by Marvel costumes
- Red-eye shields in the half mask
- Available in multiple sizes
- It does not include shoes.
- It is only available in adult sizes.
3. Daredevil Costume Deluxe Top Pants Outfit Adult Halloween Cosplay Suit — Most Pocket-Friendly Daredevil Suit
It is made up of three items: top, pants, and gloves. The top or jacket borrows its armor style design from the 1990’s Daredevil comics. However, the interplay between the red and black is more reminiscent of Netflix’s Matt Murdock.
Meanwhile, black and red have also been incorporated into the pants, but the pants have a cleaner design with minimal elements alongside an elastic waist to facilitate ease of wear and flexibility.
Additionally, the pants and the top attach at the waist with Velcro. The suit also comes with a belt that not only complements the outfit but also ensures the attachment at the waist is hidden.
Lastly, the third piece of the ensemble is the faux leather gloves, which complete the look. Note that the costume is made from high-quality PU leather that is both hard-wearing and waterproof.
The costume is available in all the regular men’s sizes. However, it is important to note that the manufacturers of the costume support customization. As a result, the suit can not only be worn by men but also women and kids. All you have to do is order a custom suit and then send in your measurements.
- Easy to wear
- Flexible and comfortable
- Available as a custom order
- Does not adhere to a particular inspiration
4. DIY (Do It Yourself) Daredevil Ensemble — Highest Quality Daredevil Ensemble
No products found.Sometimes, after purchasing a costume, you might notice that the quality of one piece is lower than the quality of the rest of the costume. That means the suit can be perfect but the helmet imperfect. Alternatively, the mask and all the other accessories can be top-notch but the actual costume a disappointment.
With that in mind, it is sometimes preferable to purchase the different elements making up the costume separately. After purchase, you can then assemble the costume yourself to create the best possible Daredevil look.
If you prefer this DIY daredevil costume approach, then here are four high-quality separate pieces.
i) Charlie Cox Daredevil Jacket
Charlie Cox is the actor behind Matt Murdock in Netflix’s Marvels Daredevil. This jacket, therefore, attempts to recreate that look. The coat is made from PU leather. It has a viscose lining, a zip closure, and two inside pockets.
The viscose inner lining ensures the jacket is comfortable and easy to wear. Meanwhile, the PU leather makes the jacket waterproof and the zip closure guarantees you can get in and out of the coat quickly. The inner pockets simply add a touch of uniqueness and style.
Lastly, the metallic and belted detailing on the waist complete the look, making this jacket one of the highest quality and most detailed Daredevil jacket in the market.
ii) Xcoser DD Matt Mask Helmet Props for Adult Halloween Costume PVC
This Xcoser Helmet is made from PVC. As a result, it is durable and unbreakable. Additionally, it is also comfortable and of high quality. It can be paired with any Daredevil ensemble, including the full costumes discussed above.
However, because the helmet is bright red as opposed to burgundy, you might need to spray paint the helmet with Acrylic spray paint to give it the burgundy that will pair well with the Charlie Cox Daredevil jacket.
iii) JD Apparel Men’s Skinny Fit Jeans
The burgundy on these pants is similar to the burgundy on the Charlie Cox Daredevil Jacket. As a result, the pants will appear part of the costume and not a separate piece. The pants are 97% cotton and 3% spandex. That means they are comfortable, easy to wear, and high-quality.
A significant benefit of purchasing these pants is that other than pairing them with the jacket for the costume, you can wear them every day. This is not possible with pants purchased as part of a full costume because they are made from PU leather and not real fabric.
iv) Daredevil Boots—Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sports Size-Zip Boot
Most costumes are not inclusive of shoes, and yet shoes are an essential part of the costume. The Bates Men’s Size-Zip Boot resemble the boots Daredevil wears on the Netflix show.
The boots are real leather with a rubber sole. The leather guarantees they are of high quality and durable. Plus, they have cushioned removable insert for comfortability and a breathable lining.
With these four pieces, you have the makings of a near-perfect Daredevil costume. You can always accessorize further, but it is not necessary.
- Each piece is the best in the market
- Some of the pieces are versatile
- Assembled costume is unique
- Value for your money
- Total cost of all the elements might be a bit high
5. Adult Deluxe Daredevil Costume — The Costume That Best Depicts the Comics’ Daredevil
The costume is made up of four items: a jumpsuit, a mask, a belt, and gloves. The jumpsuit’s fabric is 100% stretch knit polyester with Velcro enclosures at the back.
Meanwhile, the jumpsuit has soft-sculpted muscles to evoke a superhero’s strength and boot covers that secure with elastic underfoot. The stretchy gloves are red, but they have a subtle shading to create contrast.
Finally, the mask is a full head fabric with attached rubber horns. It has Velcro closures on the back for ease of wear and mesh covered eye-openings to allow the wearer to see. It also has a large opening for the lower face.
- Best resembles the comics
- Devoid of accessories
How Did Daredevil Lose His Eyesight?
Matt Murdock, Daredevil’s civilian identity, is also a renowned lawyer in the Hell’s Kitchen district of New York. While he was a boy, he met with an accident with a car. The vehicle was carrying radioactive material. Matt absorbed the radiation from that substance.
That impacted his sight, eventually making him blind. However, the radiation made his other four senses rise to extraordinary levels. He ended up fighting crime later as a superhero when he witnessed his father being murdered by gangsters. His father, who was a boxer, refused to fight them while being confronted.
Ever since that incident, Matt decided to not only avenge his father but also fight for justice around the neighborhood. And that too, while being blind.
His lack of sight was overcome by the other superhuman senses he possessed – thus, making him a one-person army.
What Superpowers Does Daredevil Have?
Daredevil aka the Man Without Fear possesses several superhuman powers that were mostly triggered after his encounter with the radioactive substance in his childhood.
The material did make him blind, but it also brought forth superhuman abilities. It is interesting to note that he uses his ability even in his law profession. Here are the skills he possesses:
- Human Lie Detector – As his other four senses were heightened after the accident, Murdock developed superhuman hearing abilities. With peak-level hearing, he can listen to the heartbeats of an individual right through his/her chest from a few feet away. As the heartbeat quickens, Murdock can deduce if the person is lying, or being nervous, etc. It gives him an indication that the person might be hiding something. However, his super-hearing is also hampered when there is too much noise in the area.
- Echolocation – Daredevil also possesses high-end, radar-like sensing abilities. This superpower lets him detect anyone present in the nearby vicinity. Being blind, he needs to have this power to know about the enemies present around him. With this technique, he can guess their exact positions and numbers easily. His echolocation skills also allow him to deduce moving targets and enemies.
- Reading With Fingers – Being blind, he learned to read Braille, which is the written language used by blind people to read the text. As you know, Braille is written using dots in various clusters. These dots are protruding upwards from the paper on which they are printed. That makes it easier for blind people to feel them. However, in the case of Daredevil, his superhuman sense of touch gives him the ability to feel and read any ink besides Braille. It does have its limitations, especially if the page is laminated or smooth.
- Acrobat and Martial Artist – The ability to fight someone, even when a person is blind, is quite impressive. Murdock possesses this ability to superhuman levels. His hand-to-hand combat skills, including Judo, Kung Fu, Jiu-Jitsu, etc., combined with super-senses, give him the upper hand in combat.
What to Consider Before Purchasing a Daredevil Costume
You now know the options available if you wish to purchase a Daredevil costume. However, there are three things you ought to consider:
While most black and red suit costumes will come with boot covers, they do not come with shoes. It is up to you to find the appropriate shoes. Usually, any black boots will do.
If you do not have black boots, you might be forced to purchase them if you want a complete Daredevil look. The boots discussed above can pair well with any costume, but you are free to buy any desired black boots.
Daredevil’s Multiple Interpretations Over the Years
He made his first appearance in 1964 in Daredevil #1, and since then his costume has changed multiple times. Before purchase, it is important to determine which Daredevil interpretation you wish to portray.
DIY (Do It Yourself)
As mentioned above, knowing which version of Matt Murdock you wish to portray is vital. However, sometimes, after making the determination, you may realize that a particular costume is not on the market.
Let’s assume you wish to dress up as Netflix’s Season 1 Daredevil. That particular costume is not on the market. That is where DIY comes into play. Similar to the DIY Daredevil Ensemble discussed above, you can purchase separate pieces and recreate the costume yourself.
With the Season 1 costume, for instance, you will need black pants, a black shirt with red detailing, wrist guards, boots, and a black head wrap.
Ready To Buy The Best Daredevil Costume?
With the information contained in this daredevil cosplay guide, you have all the tools necessary to help you purchase the best possible Daredevil costume.
Go through the list and decide which costume works for you. While you’re at it, check out our Deadpool costume review as well.
Leave a Reply