Do you own a small or medium photo studio? One of the most important things you should have is a continuous lighting kit.
The best thing about these kits is that they provide a balanced daylight light continuously. This enables you to shoot high quality photos. With these kits, what you see is exactly what will appear in the photo (Source).
However, not all continuous lighting kits will give you the kind of results you are looking for. This means that you should be very careful when buying to ensure that the kit you select has all the important features.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional photographer, such equipment will be a great addition to your studio.
When buying, just ensure that the kit you select is affordable, durable and lightweight. Below are the best continuous lighting kits on the market.
Comparing The Best Continuous Lighting Kits
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparing The Best Continuous Lighting Kits
- 2 1. LimoStudio 700W Photography Continuous Lighting Kit – Best Overall
- 3 2. LimoStudio Continuous lighting kit – Best for Beginners
- 4 3. CowboyStudio Photography Continuous Triple Lighting Kit – Most Lightweight
- 5 4. Neewer 600W 5500K Photo Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit – Does Not Consume Lots of Power
- 6 5. ESDDI 20″X28″ Softbox Photography Lighting Kit 800W – Most Durable
- 7 Important Things You Should Consider When Buying Continuous Lighting Kits
- 8 Ready To Buy The Best Continuous Lighting Kits?
|LimoStudio 700W Photography Continuous Lighting Kit|
|LimoStudio Continuous lighting kit|
|Neewer Photo Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit|
|ESDDI 20"X28" Softbox Photography Lighting Kit 800W Continuous Lighting System Photo|
1. LimoStudio 700W Photography Continuous Lighting Kit – Best OverallLimoStudio 700W Photography Continuous Lighting Kit enables you to take clear and more natural photos from your studio. It comes with two light holders and a softbox reflector to make the photos more alive. The light holders are made of a soft and smooth premium nylon which provides perfect light for photo shoots.
Additionally, its ultimate soft light stream ensures that the light is not too bright or too low. It also removes the shadow to makes shooting easy and flawless. Besides that, the kit also comes with two tall high quality studio output umbrella flash strobe light stands.
The stand features 3 strong safety legs which makes the light stable. The best thing about these stands is that they are easy to move and assemble. Besides that, this kit also comes with 2 photo light bulbs which provides a balanced daylight and pure white light.
The light bulb is an energy saver since it features a compact fluorescent spiral bulb which saves up to 80% of energy.
2. LimoStudio Continuous lighting kit – Best for BeginnersThis one is among the top continuous lighting kits you should consider especially if you are a beginner. It provides enough light that is bright enough to enable you get a perfect shot every time you take photos.
The best thing about LimoStudio Continuous lighting kit is that it comes with two plastic sleeves for the umbrella and a carrying case. It also comes with 2 tall high output umbrella flash strobe light stands.
The umbrellas feature a quality nylon construction that enables them to diffuse the light from the constant light and any flashlight. The stands are made of quality alloy material that features 3 legs stands which are easy to use and move. Additionally, the kit also comes with a tall studio high quality output accent light tabletop light stand.
It also comes with three digital full spectrum light bulb and 3 studio head photo lightings with a fluorescent light holder. The bulb is an energy saver and it can save power by up to 80% without affecting the quality of photos.
3. CowboyStudio Photography Continuous Triple Lighting Kit – Most LightweightThis one is indeed among the most continuous lighting kits you should consider. The stands are very sturdy and are ideal for taking photos. These stands are made of aluminum alloy which makes them strong and also enables them to provide the required light when shooting.
The bulb provides bright light that makes the photos to appear natural even when you are shooting indoors. Apart from that, the light is clean and strong and does not allow flickers. Due to this, the photos taken have an attractive look. The light level is steady and does not create vibrations. This enables you to produce high quality photos.
On top of that, the kit comes with three light sockets, a mini light stand, two 7-foot light stands and 3 daylight bulbs. It also comes with two white umbrellas which make the light perfect for shooting.
It also comes with a carrying case which enables you to carry the kit conveniently.
4. Neewer 600W 5500K Photo Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit – Does Not Consume Lots of PowerIf you are searching for a professional kit for photo art, product advertising, scientific, industrial and technical photography, Neewer Photo Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit might be what you need. This one comes with everything you would require for photography. It comes with 2 tall light stands plus white translucent umbrellas.
The umbrellas are lightweight and easy to assemble to provide a neutral color temperature if you want to take professional photos. In addition, it comes with 3 day light studio bulbs and a tabletop light stand.
The light stands are very strong since they are made of aluminum alloy. You can even use them for heavy-duty tasks. Apart from that, the kit also comes with a single umbrella carry case and three single head light holders. The head light holders enables you to attach the bulb to a light stand.
The light is in form of spiral light bulb which means that the kit will not consume a lot of power, irrespective of the time taken to shoot. The light provides a similar match to natural daylight. This makes the photo shoots to appear natural and appearing.
5. ESDDI 20″X28″ Softbox Photography Lighting Kit 800W – Most DurableThis one comes with a 110- inch integrated umbrella and a 5070 nylon white screen. Apart from that, you will also get a lighting bulb which provides a balanced white light.
The best thing about the kit is that it is long lasting and has a lifespan of 8000 hours. It is very versatile and you can use it for technical, scientific and photo art photography. Moreover, it features 2 tall high output umbrella flash strobe light stands which provides excellent lighting for videos.
It also comes with a 210 degrees adjustable lamp holder which adapts to different shooting requirements. This enables it to provide the suitable light from different angles. It is very easy to set up and you can use it for video, ideal portrait and studio photography.
It uses soft light bulbs which are able to save energy up to 80%. You can use it for scene shooting and photography studio portrait.
Important Things You Should Consider When Buying Continuous Lighting Kits
When searching for continuous lighting kits, you will come across so many products out there. If you are not keen, you might end up with a low quality product. The following factors should help you to determine a quality product.
Color Rendering Index [CRI]
When purchasing continuous lighting kits, it is good to have an understanding of the CRI. This is the ability of light to display accurate colors and skin tones. A kit with a high number of CRI is the best. A good kit should have a CRI of at least 90.
Continuous lightings are of three types. There is the Tungsten Lights, LED lights and fluorescent lights. Tungsten lights are also referred to as hot lights because they produce heat and are used to create warm light for portraits.
Fluorescent lights are cooler than Tungsten lights and the best thing about them is that they match daylight in CRI rating. They remove the shadow when taking photos of a person who is leaning against a wall. They are ideal for shooting where you cannot position your subject far from the background.
LED lights are also cool but they are more compact as compared to Tungsten and florescent lights.
The most common type of light stands is the tripod stand. These stands are lightweight and most of them are made of aluminum. If you would like to take photo shots outside your studio, these ones are the best.
However, they are not long lasting. C-stands are the best if you are searching for a durable light stand but they are a bit bulky which means that they cannot be used outside.
You will find that continuous lighting kits come with different components. Before buying, you need to consider the type of shooting you intend to do. This will guide you on the best features you should look for to ensure that you would have everything you would require to take quality photos.
Some kits are a more expensive than others. When buying, you should consider the material used to produce these kits. You will find that most of the expensive lighting kits are made of quality materials which enables them to last longer than the cheaper models.
They also come with additional features which makes your work easier when shooting. Irrespective of price, ensure that the product you have chosen is a quality product.
The two types of modifiers are the umbrellas and collapsible reflectors. Collapsible reflectors are easy to fold and you can use them to diffuse or reflect light to an object. They can also absorb light from a subject and are very effective in filling shadows which might have been caused by the main light source.
Umbrellas are available in silver, gold and white colors. White umbrellas help to diffuse light from the source. You can also use them to spread light. However, it is not easy to control light when using these umbrellas since it spills everywhere.
Gold or silver umbrellas are easy to control since light bounces from the inside part of the umbrella and reflect back.
Ready To Buy The Best Continuous Lighting Kits?
Irrespective of whether you own a professional studio or a small one, having continuous lighting kits is necessary. The best thing about these kits is that they are very easy to use and are affordable. They come with different features and you may not be able to determine the best.
However, if you are on a tight budget, you can consider CowboyStudio Photography Continuous Triple Lighting Kit. This kit is lightweight and just like the high-end models, it enables you to shoot high quality photos. If you are searching for the most durable product, you should consider ESDDI Softbox Photography Lighting Kit. It has a lifespan of 8000 hours but if you are searching for the best, you will never regret buying LimoStudio 700W Photography Continuous Lighting Kit.
If you are searching for the most versatile, Neewer Photo Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit might be what you need. You can use for different photo shoots. Beginners can start with LimoStudio Continuous lighting kit. It is very easy to use and the stands are very sturdy.
We hope that this guide will help you identify a good continuous lighting kit for your studio.