Modern computers currently come with built-in speakers. However, if you want extra quality sound, you will probably need another pair of external speakers.
Finding inexpensive speakers here isn’t the problem. Finding inexpensive speakers that produce quality sound is the problem.
Your expectations from a computer speaker is largely dependent on what you want to use it for. For instance, if you need a pair to watch movies, speakers with high-level HD quality sound should be your preference.
Budget computer speakers should deliver high-quality stereo sound and make your overall computing experience quite enjoyable (Source).
Everything from the controls, appearance and sound quality should outdo its price.
Best Computer Speakers Under $50
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Computer Speakers Under $50
- 2 1. The Logitech Multimedia Z200 Speakers – Best Overall
- 3 2. Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System – Best Computer Speakers for the Price
- 4 3. Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers – Best Compact Satellite Speakers for Deep Bass
- 5 4. Cyber Acoustics 2. 1 Laptop Computer Speakers – Most Powerful Computer Speaker
- 6 5. Elegiant USB Powered Computer Speaker – Best USB Wired Computer Speakers
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying Computer Speakers
- 8 Our Final Review
|Logitech Multimedia Z200 Speakers|
|Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System|
|Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers|
7 watts RMS
|Cyber Acoustics 2. 1 Laptop Computer Speakers|
30 watts RMS
|Elegiant USB Powered Computer Speaker|
1. The Logitech Multimedia Z200 Speakers – Best OverallThe Logitech Multimedia Z200 Speakers are a reliable and affordable pair of computer speakers that make it easy and enjoyable watching movies and listening to music from your computer. The speakers work expertly when watching videos from multiple devices, providing clear and quality rich stereo sound.
These speakers come with two audio outputs, thus can be used on your smartphone, laptop or even tablet. Note that you can use both of them at the same time. You will certainly be impressed with the 10-watt power output that produces crystal-clear sound and vivid deep bass you can’t expect from speakers of this budget.
Clarity of these speakers should not be doubted. The two featured 2-inch high clarity drivers that together deliver 6 watts of peak power ascertain this. With such power, the speakers are loud enough to be enjoyed around your home.
Controlling the Logitech Multimedia Z200 Speakers is a breeze. So to say, the volume and power buttons are streamlined and presents as one simple control knob. Besides, the headphones and both audio inputs are located at the front panel making then convenient and easy to plug in.
Logitech, like other high-quality speakers, are built to last. They feature high-quality acoustics that are tuned and tested through Logitech’s state-of-the-art studio labs. When purchased, the speakers’ pack comprises of two speakers, a power supply cable and user documentation.
2. Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System – Best Computer Speakers for the PriceIf you haven’t come across the Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System, then you have not seen what elegant design can do to contemporary computer speakers. Just to mention, the Creative line of speakers are popular for being expensive. Nonetheless, this is a cheaper option for enthusiasts on a budget.
As you may expect, the Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System redefines every user’s listening experience. The speaker boasts of a combined elegant and stylish design coupled with crystal-clear pristine audio. It is a formidable performance speaker housed in a two-way speaker.
The speakers are extra clear that basic and high-frequency instruments such as cymbals and strings can be picked out. The speaker casing comes with some bit of piano gloss finish making it appear quite classy. This makes this product look more expensive.
The near-perfect audio produced by the Creative Inspire T10 2.0 Speaker System results from the compact Inspire two-way speakers. This not only enables you to hear details when playing your music but also elevates your gaming experience to whole new level.
The speaker’s BasXport technology provides the listener with a strong and vibrant bass, a component rare for desktop speakers. Additionally, the built-in AUX connector enables the users to plug in headphones in case they need some private listening.
3. Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers – Best Compact Satellite Speakers for Deep BassGetting the Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers is the best way of adding a rich and deeper sound experience to your music videos, movies, games and YouTube playlists. This compact satellite speaker provides an assurance of delivering excellent sound quality yet fits in a small space, preferably a desk.
This subwoofer provides deep bass that can be easily adjusted to your liking. It is the best choice if you want full and better sound for your Mac, PC or simply playing music from your smartphone. It makes an easy plug-and-play audio system.
As mentioned, the Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers provides rich, full bass. Watching explosive movie tracks and driving those beats from your favorite songs makes it enjoyable. Controlling the subwoofer is also a breeze. It features a wired control pod with notable power on/off, and volume controls that keeps you in full command of any sound.
Adding to the ease of control is the quickly adjustable bass up and down knobs located at the back of the subwoofer that makes it simple to turn on or off. The speaker system also comes with a headphone jack that allows users to listen to music privately.
You will be surprised by the size of this subwoofer. It is a lot smaller than expected. Their smaller size makes these speakers quite lightweight but doesn’t compromise on its efficiency. It also features an inclined design, with speakers angled up to direct clearly detailed sound to the user’s ears.
Setting up this 25Watt compact speaker system is pretty easy. Once you have plugged the speakers into the computer using the AUX jack, you are ready to enjoy all audios from music or movies and games.
Overall, this speaker system is ideal for people with small studios and students. However, it can perform well in large rooms, considering its power.
4. Cyber Acoustics 2. 1 Laptop Computer Speakers – Most Powerful Computer SpeakerYet another product from the Cyber Acoustics, the Cyber Acoustics 2. 1 Laptop Computer Speakers is a powerful system, offering up to 30 watts RMS power rating and 62 watts peak power.
Like other Cyber Acoustic speakers, this system features three components. One of the major components being the 5.25-inch subwoofer and a pair of two-inch satellite speakers. The subwoofer fires powerful sound from the side of the enclosure.
For optimal sound production, the Cyber Acoustics 2. 1 Laptop Computer Speakers can be acoustically tuned and installed in a wood cabinet. The speaker’s various components can be controlled through the included control pod. Like other products mentioned, it comes with an AUX input jack used with headphones.
5. Elegiant USB Powered Computer Speaker – Best USB Wired Computer SpeakersPerhaps the most elegant USB wired system, the Elegiant USB Powered Computer Speaker is a popular choice for use with computers. This low-profile design speaker can match most of the computer monitors. It uses two small speakers for great sound production for games, movies, and music.
As the name suggests, this system extracts power from the computer’s USB port. Some of the intriguing features of this speaker system include:
- Crystal clear sound – be ready to fill the room with treble sound with this system. The sound produced is crisp and clear, perhaps an assurance of enjoying more stereo.
- Sleek and unique design – as mentioned, the speaker is of low-profile design. The smooth appearance makes it compatible with everywhere placed.
- Simple operation – this is a USB plug and play speaker system. There are no power cables or batteries needed. All you need to do is turn up the round knob after connecting the USB cable.
- Wide compatibility – the Elegiant USB Powered Computer Speaker can be used with various devices including smartphones, TVs, MP3 devices and other devices that are compatible with 3.5mm jack output.
Things to Consider Before Buying Computer Speakers
Computer speakers at this price range are best for specific uses. For instance, there are specifically made speakers for gaming, music or movies. Therefore, this calls for a keen look at the various features characterizing a good computer speaker matching your needs.
Some of the features to consider include:
Checking on the speaker’s enclosure is primarily important as it directly determines the quality of the sound. That said, large enclosures provide better low frequencies compared to small enclosures. However, if you want maximum bass, consider a ported enclosure.
2.0 Vs. 2.1
If you aren’t familiar with these terms, 2.0 speaker system simply means that it comes with a left and right speaker, without a subwoofer. Such systems often have less bass since subwoofers deliver almost solely the dynamic bass in a speaker system. However, subwoofers can be quite bulky and not ideal for those looking for a portable system.
On the other hand, a 2.1 system has both left and right speakers and a subwoofer. Compared to the 2.0 system, they have more bass but come with portability inconvenience.
Wired Vs. Wireless
Wireless Bluetooth speakers have some low sound quality compared to wired speakers. However, they compensate for this through their convenience and portability. These options are a great choice for those who need to use the speaker with the cell phones.
Truly, there is no standard method of testing the speakers. Besides, you can’t solely rely on the numbers that indicate the system’s audio quality. However, note that a good speaker system should provide a good balance between the treble, midrange, and bass frequencies.
For any speaker system, the goal is to provide full and rich sound while preserving the details. Nonetheless, always test the speaker before purchasing to ascertain its sound quality.
Volume, treble, power button and bass controls are perhaps the vital control settings of any speaker system. Having easy to understand control knobs makes it easy and convenient to use these systems.
Computer speakers have various input methods. Whereas others offer only a single audio connection, others come with a second jack that can be used for connecting iPhone, iPod or other sources of sound.
This is perhaps the least considered factor by many people. For sure, not everyone considers the aesthetic design of the speaker, but some enthusiasts do. If you are searching online, bear in mind that not all speakers appear like they do in pictures.
That said, always have a look at the size, shape and various aesthetic shapes of the speaker system, even if you care less about its appearance.
Our Final Review
Computer speakers come in handy when you need some additional sound projection in addition to the regular computer sound. The speaker systems reviewed above are some of the best products for any person on a budget.
If you are looking for such, get a computer speaker system that provides a great balance of its price and features. The key features being the controls, sound quality, appearance, and enclosure.
You can also decide if you need a wired or wireless speaker, based on your intended use. For those who need more bass, a 2.1 computer speaker system will be an appropriate choice.
From the models mentioned in our computer speakers under 50 review above, which one is your favorite? Share with us in the comments section below.