Owing to technological advancements in the industry, waffle makers today are better and more effective. Most of the users looking for commercial waffle makers today focus on affordability and aesthetic appeal.
While these are important considerations, they are not the only considerations you need to make.
To buy the best commercial waffle maker, you need to consider aspects like the waffle type, design, waffle maker size, shape and thickness of the waffles produced. Also, the clarity of the indicator lights (Source).
Additionally, you should ensure that your preferred unit has the necessary safety features, such as a thermostat, in place.
What is a Commercial Waffle Maker?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Commercial Waffle Maker?
- 2 Most Common Issues People Have with Commercial Waffle Makers
- 3 The 5 Best Commercial Waffle Makers
- 4 1. Cuisinart WMR – CA Round Classic Waffle Maker – Best Overall
- 5 2. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker – Most Versatile Waffle Maker
- 6 3. NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminum Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron – Most Affordable
- 7 4. All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker – Advanced Technology
- 8 5. Waring Commercial WW200 Heavy-Duty Double Vertical Belgian Waffle Maker – Most High-End
- 9 Features of the Best Commercial Waffle Makers
- 10 Things You Must Know Before Choosing a Commercial Waffle Maker
- 11 Our Final Review
There is something about a perfectly shaped and freshly-cooked waffle. Cooking them manually without the right tools would prove to be difficult.
Commercial waffle makers have metal plates that are specially shaped, making it so you easily make your own professional-looking and tasting waffles. They can either be heated using electricity or on your stovetop, depending on the model.
Most Common Issues People Have with Commercial Waffle Makers
- Wrong Size or Type of Waffles: The word “waffle” is used rather loosely. In reality, waffles come in many sizes, shapes, and thicknesses. Many people don’t realize this and end up purchasing a commercial waffle maker that doesn’t make the waffles they were initially expecting.
- Cleaning is a Hassle: As you probably know, cooking waffles isn’t always the best idea when it comes time to clean. Those who don’t consider this are much more likely to get a model which isn’t anti-stick or easy to clean at all.
- Burnt Waffles: Remember that you want a commercial waffle maker which makes the cooking process easier, not harder. It is common for people to not account for the cooking process, instead assuming that the waffle maker will always do its job right. Getting a commercial waffle maker which burns your waffles is a relatively common problem.
The 5 Best Commercial Waffle Makers
|Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker|
|BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker|
|NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminum Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron|
|All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker|
|Waring Commercial WW200 Heavy-Duty Double Vertical Belgian Waffle Maker|
1. Cuisinart WMR – CA Round Classic Waffle Maker – Best OverallWould you like to own a commercial waffle maker that features a compact design, yet is capable of making delicious waffles relatively fast? Why don’t you try out the Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker today?
This product is rated the best by most of the industry experts for a reason—it is packed with a horde of performance and convenience features. To begin with, this unit features nonstick plates; hence is easy to clean after cooking waffles.
To make waffle preparation more efficient, this unit is equipped with accurate indicator lights. The manufacturer has also equipped this maker with essential safety features, including a thermostat. The WMR-CA Waffle Maker features a five settings control for browning your waffles. As such, you will find it easier to bake your waffles to precision every time.
This unit is one of the easiest to clean waffle makers available today. in this regard, you do not need to take it apart in order to clean it more effectively. As a matter of fact, much of the cleaning on this product involves wiping. The product features a weighted lid that prevents it from rising while you are baking.
2. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker – Most Versatile Waffle MakerAre you looking forward to getting the best value on your money while buying a commercial waffle maker? You should get an affordable model that can do much more than just baking waffles. The Black & Decker 3-in-1 Waffle Maker is one of the best products, in this regard. Once you are done preparing waffles, you can easily reverse the cooking plates on this appliance and then fold the hinged top backwards. This exposes 2 griddles plates that you may use to cook bacon or eggs.
The product is designed to ensure that you cook healthy meals every time. In this regard, it features grease channels that are designed to drain any oily residues from the food you are cooking. In addition to preparing eggs, bacon and waffles, this product may also be used to make toasty sandwiches. Since it is meant to prepare different meals, the unit features a variable temperature control.
This allows you to regulate the temperature, depending on the meal you are preparing. You will also love the fact that this waffle maker has nonstick grill plates.
3. NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminum Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron – Most AffordableThe warranty offered by the manufacturer on any appliance is an indicator of its reliability and build quality. The NordicWare 15040 Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron is one of the best products, in this regard. This product is backed by a 10-year warranty by the manufacturer. In addition to an extended warranty, the pans used on this product are all PFOA-free.
Additionally, all the pans on this waffle maker are nonstick and coated with cast aluminum. This makes the product easier to clean. You will also find it easier to keep the surfaces stain free. The product is manufactured in the USA, but the handle is imported. The product features a compact design, hence requires less space on your countertop.
4. All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker – Advanced TechnologyGet a perfect cooking experience and easy clean up thereafter with the All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Waffle Maker. This product uses one of the most advanced baking technologies in the industry today. As a result, it is known to offer a homogeneous browning effect on all your waffles.
The steam-release systems used on this unit makes it possible and easier for you to make waffles that are crispy on the outside, but fluffy inside. Just like the other leading commercial waffle makers available today, this product features nonstick cooking surfaces. Additionally, it is equipped with a removable drip tray for an easy release and cleanup.
5. Waring Commercial WW200 Heavy-Duty Double Vertical Belgian Waffle Maker – Most High-EndIf the cost is not a constraint for you, you should consider trying out the Waring Commercial WW200 Heavy-Duty Waffle maker today. You must be wondering what makes this product this expensive. Well, the truth is that the product offers some of the best features in the industry today. First and foremost, the product features a distinct design and construction. The heavy-duty construction used on this product makes it highly durable.
As opposed to the other products reviewed above, the nonstick cooking plates on this product are triple-coated. This makes it easier for you to remove waffles from your appliance and clean it up after baking. The heating elements on this product are embedded onto the cooking plates for enhanced efficiency. This makes the product precise at regulating the temperature.
Features of the Best Commercial Waffle Makers
There are many different commercial waffle makers on the market. Ideally, though, you won’t have to purchase multiple different waffle makers before you get the one you wanted in the first place.
In order to help you make the best decision right away, here are the main factors which you need to keep in mind.
Makes Waffles in the Size and Shape you Want
In order to end up with a commercial waffle maker that suits your needs, you need to know what type of waffles you want to make.
Commercial waffle makers can either make circular waffles or square Belgian waffles. Then, there are different levels of thickness.
Keep these things in mind to get a commercial waffle maker that makes waffles in your favorite size and shape.
Indicator Lights & Adjustable Cooking Settings
If you get an electric waffle maker, you should expect it to have features for helping you to perfectly cook your waffles.
This is best done by getting a model which has an indicator light to tell you when your waffles are finished cooking. There are also models which allow you to adjust the cooking time and intensity, which help you make perfect waffles every time.
Anti-Stick and Easy to Clean
The waffle maker that you choose should be easy to clean. After all, you don’t want to spend too much time cleaning your commercial waffle maker after each use. Help yourself out in advance, and get a model which is anti-stick. This way, you won’t have too much effort when it comes time to clean up.
Lightweight, Portable, and Easy to Take on Trips
Any of the best commercial waffle makers don’t take up much space. They are also very lightweight and easy to move around. For the most portability, getting a stovetop commercial waffle maker is an option to consider. Especially if you want to use it for camping. Otherwise, electric waffle makers are easier to use.
A commercial waffle maker is not a product which you should be spending hundreds of dollars on. Even the best commercial waffle makers have an extremely affordable price.
At the end of the day, what matters most is that the device makes the waffles you like. Higher price tags don’t necessarily imply that a certain waffle maker is better.
Things You Must Know Before Choosing a Commercial Waffle Maker
If you are buying waffle maker for your commercial kitchen, you need to know what to look for. The various commercial waffle makers available today are of different styles and offer an array of features.
This is to say that these appliances differ in a number of ways. As such, buying the right one is not a matter of getting the cheapest unit. In order to buy the best commercial waffle maker, there are several things that you need to put into consideration, some of which are discussed below.
1. Waffle Maker Type
What type of waffle maker will be best suited for your commercial kitchen? Currently, there are several types and styles of waffle makers. If you are shopping for the right unit, here are some of the waffle maker types you should consider:
- Belgian Waffle Makers
These waffle makes are basically square in shape and produce relatively thicker waffles. While most of the Belgium makers are square in shape, there are some brands that produce circular Belgian waffle makers. The difference between these two designs is mainly the aesthetics. The round Belgian waffle makers are relatively more popular than the square shaped makers.
- Classic Round Waffle Makers
This is one of the most popular commercial waffle maker types today. These makers are known to produce thinner waffles that are crispy. This may be attributed to the fact that these makers are streamlined in design and feature a comparatively small footprint. Most of these makers run on electricity, hence need to be plugged in to an outlet.
- Traditional Stovetop Waffle Irons
These feature a classic design and do not run on electricity. The preference of these units over the other waffle maker types may be attributed to the fact that they give waffles a unique texture and taste. Since they do not run on electricity, these waffle makers are best suited for camping and outdoor applications.
While this is the case, conventional stovetop waffle irons have a couple of downsides. To begin with, their surfaces are not non-stick. This makes the units harder to clean, especially when the stains are left to dry on the surfaces. Again, it is relatively easier to burn the waffles with a traditional stovetop waffle iron.
2. Commercial Waffle Maker Features
As you may be aware, the various commercial waffle makers available today have a myriad of features to offer. So, which of the waffle maker features are necessary? Well, this will mainly depend on your personal preferences. However, these are some of the features you need to look out for:
- Waffle Shape
Most of the traditional commercial waffle makers available today are designed to produce round waffles. However, there are other models that can produce triangular or heart-shaped waffles. Again, some manufacturers allow you to have your preferred shapes and images engraved into the maker. This option allows you to produce waffles of any shape you desire.
- Waffle Maker Size
How big or small would you like your new waffle maker to be? These appliances come in various sizes, ranging from large to compact. The size of a waffle maker mainly depends on how many waffles it can prepare at once. Since commercial makers are meant to produce many waffles, you should expect them to be relatively larger in size.
In addition to the capacity of the appliance, you also need to ensure that you have enough storage space for your preferred unit. As such, there is no point of buying a large waffle maker if you do not have enough space for it in your commercial kitchen.
- Waffle Thickness
While this is often overlooked, you need to consider how thick you would like your waffles to be. In this regard, you need to check the waffle grill depth on your preferred unit. This depth is the one that determines the thickness of the waffles produced by your unit. As such, a shallower grid depth will give you thin waffles while a deep grid will produce thick waffles.
- Indicator Lights
While using traditional waffle makers to prepare waffles, there was a considerable amount of guesswork at play. This is because traditional waffle makers were not equipped with temperature warnings or indicator lights. The leading modern commercial waffle maker models feature indicator lights to let you know what is going on. For instance a light will come on to notify you when the iron in the waffle maker is thoroughly heated.
There is also another light that will let you know when the waffle is finished baking. Such features will make the process easier and more efficient.
Our Final Review
Baking Crispy waffles is not as hard as it used to be a few years ago. Thanks to technological advancements in this industry, modern commercial waffle makers are faster, more effective and easier to clean.
While modern waffle makers boast of exceptional features and capabilities, not all the available models are a good choice.
Throughout this guide, you will learn how to choose the best commercial waffle maker from the hundreds of models available today.