There are CD players and then there are CD players for kids. The key difference between the two is durability. Children’s CD players need to handle being dropped, bumped, thrown or even wet on occasion.
Kids also will prefer bright colors and creative shapes instead of a simple black box. Smart devices like tablets and digital music players can often be unnecessarily complex for small fingers to operate.
CD players, however, are a straightforward way to entertain your kids with music all day long. Depending on the model, your kids can even sing along with a microphone of their own for added fun!
Over the years the cost of CD players has dropped significantly, but not so much that you want to keep replacing your kid’s unit. There are a lot of unique features to consider in addition to the overall style. Here are some of our top picks of CD players for kids of all ages.
CD players might not only entertain your child. Children often enjoy playing around with moving objects including cars. Buying the best remote controlled cars can be another way to engage your child.
How Much Do CD Players for Kids Cost?
Table of Contents
Kid’s CD players have a wide range of prices. Most CD players for kids cost depend on the features available on the unit, the design, and the brand.
High-end brands and cartoon branded CD players for kids can start as low as $25 and range as high as $50. Boom box style CD players for kids and those that have extra features such as built-in microphones will fall in their own price range.
Many parents may be looking for a unit that has a wide range of functions such as karaoke or audio playback. Simpler units are also available for younger kids.
The cost of a CD player for a child will vary depending on mainly on the features you choose, the brand you select and the size of the actual unit. There are so many options to choose from, but there is a CD player for kids that will fit every budget and every aesthetic.
Comparing the Top 5 Products
- Portable Top Loading CD CD-R CD-RW Compatible, LCD CD Track Display
- Lightweight, packed with two powerful audio speakers for deep and dramatic sound – it will also give you a variety of playback choices: USB MP3...
- The perfect transportable CD player (CD / CD-R / CD-RW) for kids with multicolour light effects!
- 🎁【HD Decoding Chip - Realize Full HD Digital Signal Transmission】WONNIE 2022 New generation 10.5" dual screen car DVD player play the same...
- 📀【HD Decoding Chip - Realize Full HD Digital Signal Transmission】WONNIE 2022 New generation 10.5" dual screen car DVD player play the same...
What Is The Best CD Player for a 3 Year Old?
Toddlers are miniature balls of fun that love to talk, dance and sing all day long. When choosing a kids CD player for a toddler, you will need a model that can keep up while also keeping them entertained.
There are several models that will work well for toddlers, especially cd player portable units and sing along units. For families that have more than one child, a CD player with multiple microphones is a great way to prevent arguments while fostering joint play.
The Kids Karaoke Machine sing-along music and CD player is great for boys and girls who want to pitch a tune along with their favorite soundtracks. It is easy to operate, durable, and most of all will provide hours of fun for your toddler.
The IQ toys portable sing-along CD player is another option for those looking for a fun way to entertain their toddlers. The bright colors, large buttons, and clear sound will have your little one giggling along in song with their favorite characters. This model is perfect for multi-child families with two microphones that allow for dual play.
The Mickey Mouse sing along with me CD player is a wonderful option for those who want to keep their singing child portable. The CD player is durable enough to survive drops, bumps and even being left outside. Brightly colored buttons are easy for little fingers to operate.
Every child has its own preference regarding toys and games. Some love to sing whereas some like spinning toys. If your kids are into spinning games consider checking the review on Beyblade toys for kids.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
Kids CD players are a great way to keep your children busy and happy at the same time. Singing helps to burn energy, boost confidence and improves memorization skills.
Aside from keeping their attention occupied, you can make karaoke a great family fun activity. Before you run out and buy a CD player for your kids, there are several important things you should consider.
- Dimensions of Compatibility– Do you plan for your kid’s USB CD player to stay in one place or are you looking for a unit they can carry around? Is it important that your unit has a battery-powered function or is an AC cord enough? Is your child happy playing on their own or will you need a unit with multiple microphones? Your CD player will also need to be able to play various CD formats.
- Durability– Children are pretty rough on electronics so you will need a unit that is durable enough to handle the abuse. A cheaply made thin plastic unit may break the first time your toddler drops it which will just make it a colorful prop. A costly CD player with too many moving parts may also fall victim to inexperienced fingers. A tough CD player with easy to understand controls is the best option for novice users.
- Ease of Use– How old is your child? It is critical to make sure that you choose a CD player that your child is able to operate and one that fits your intended needs. A unit that has a complicated interface may be too complex for a toddler so make sure to keep that in mind with choosing a small CD player for your child.
- Price– The final price is inevitably a factor, but make sure that you are getting all the features you want before thinking about prices. If singing along with the music is important to your child, buying a kid’s music player that is $5 less but is missing a microphone will be a waste. Make sure to weigh the features, durability, and aesthetics when considering how much you want to pay.
Besides kids mp3 player, it does not matter if they are toddlers or older, children are often excited with the thrill and the joy of having their own battery-powered ride. Buying top rated battery-powered cars is another way to entertain your child during playing time.
There are many more options to choose from, a durable CD player for kids that meets your budget and your needs are only a click away.
What’s the Best Kids’ Portable CD Player with a Microphone?
There are a lot of portable CD players and karaoke machines on the market to choose from, but the one that tops our list in terms of value and function is the Kids Karaoke Machine – CD & MP3 Player Sing-A-Long Music Player with 2 Microphones.
This innovative kid’s music player helps your kids to sing along with their favorite tunes or just listen to gentle jams. There are two microphones so your child and their friend can sing together all day long.
The CD player also features large buttons and bright colors that make operation easy for all ages. It plays CD’s, AUX, radio and SD’s cards for a wealth of musical options. It can run on batteries which makes it completely portable but also has an optional AC cord for those times when you are stationary.
The two most important factors to note are that it is highly durable and affordably priced making it the perfect all-round boombox for kids. Also, do your kids listen to children’s audiobooks? If yes, check out these MP3 players!
In case you are looking for thrilling toys for your toddler, buying top-rated Nitro RC trucks could be truly exciting. You kids will never forget the thrill and excitement of RC trucks against another competitor.