A carpet rake, also known as a rug rake, is a type of rake that can pull hair and other debris out of carpets and rugs. The best carpet rake will have a head and handle made from durable materials, and a long handle that makes raking your floors easy.
If you have a pet, then you already know that they get hair everywhere! A broom and vacuum cleaner can suffice in some situations, but hairs end up getting deeply embedded into certain floors such as carpets. Carpet rakes are a great way to keep your carpets in great condition, while also letting your beloved pets stay indoors (Source).
A good carpet rake will help to reset the fibers in your carpet or rug to their original condition. When a rug is raked after detailed vacuuming, it helps to speed up the dry time. The right carpet rake will help you loosen up soil deposits, and lift pet and human hair easily (Source).
There are many different carpet rakes to choose from, so before buying one, you should consider the size of its head, its price, the material it’s made out of, and the strength of its bristles. It is also important to consider whether the carpet rake has a warranty.
In this article, we will go over all the details concerning the top-rated carpet rakes. All of the carpet rakes in this review will lift hair and other debris from carpets and rugs, whether you are using it at your home, or you own a clean service.
Do Carpet Rakes Really Work?
Table of Contents
- 1 Do Carpet Rakes Really Work?
- 2 What Are The Benefits of Using a Carpet Rake?
- 3 Comparing The Best Carpet Rakes
- 4 1. CRW Grandi Groom Carpet Rake – Best Overall
- 5 2. Carlisle 4575100 Commercial Grade 18-Inch Carpet Rake – Durable & Long-Lasting
- 6 3. BCW Carpet Rake – Best for a Tight Budget
- 7 4. The Universal Rug Rake – Luxury High-End Choice
- 8 5. Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee – Best for a Wide Variety of Applications
- 9 Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Carpet Rake
- 10 Ready To Buy The Best Carpet Rake?
Carpet Rakes are an essential tool for revitalizing old and tired-looking carpets made from thicker fibers. They’re able to pull out pet hairs and other matter that a vacuum might miss. Carpet Rakes can also expedite drying after your carpet is steamed or cleaned.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Carpet Rake?
A Carpet Rake is capable of giving your rug a deep scrub that other cleaning utensils can’t. It’s perfect for cleaning dirt and weeding out pet hair. Using a Carpet Rake properly can help the fibers on your rug return to their original state to give it a fresher look.
Comparing The Best Carpet Rakes
|CRW Grandi Groom|
|Carlisle 4575100 Commercial Grade 18-Inch|
1. CRW Grandi Groom Carpet Rake – Best Overall
The extra-wide 18-inch head is made from a rugged material that can withstand repeated use. Not to mention the larger section it covers during cleaning. This allows you to clean a larger carpet in the shortest time possible.
The wand has a significantly wider opening that fits a 54-inch long handle. The handle is sufficiently long even for taller people. Therefore, carpet cleaning is remarkably easy because you do not have to bend in order to remove the embedded dirt from your carpet.
Apart from carpet cleaning, the Grandi with handle is a great choice for polishing stone and marble floors. It is the first choice for most professional carpet cleaners. Basically, it is a reliable solution for indoor and outdoor use.
- Head and handle are made of durable materials that can withstand repeated use
- Head is extra wide (18 inches) for effective coverage
- The handle is 54 inches long, which makes scraping easy without bending
- A very versatile choice for indoor as well as outdoor scraping
- Not the ideal choice for thicker rugs because of too much resistance
2. Carlisle 4575100 Commercial Grade 18-Inch Carpet Rake – Durable & Long-Lasting
The tines are made of long-lasting nylon material, which is very effective at cleaning carpets. The tines are specifically engineered to lift ground dirt, pet hair, and soil of your carpet before steam cleaning or vacuuming.
The head is made of a durable plastic material that will not break with continuous use. It is 18 inches wide, allowing you to clean a wider part of your rug at ago. This saves you a lot of valuable time. You can clean more than two rugs in a row.
Carlisle 4575100 can extend the look and life of your rug. Using it on a regular basis will keep your rug fibers from falling down. Basically, regular cleaning with this rake can prevent as well as delay carpet wear and traffic patterns.
- 18-inch wide head covers a larger area during grooming
- Rigid plastic prongs revive carpet piles
- Very effective at lifting ground and stubborn in food stains
- Does quickly and easily remove pet hair before vacuuming
- Plastic tines may easily bend if subjected to excess pressure
- May not work as you would have expected
3. BCW Carpet Rake – Best for a Tight Budget
No products found.The BCW Carpet Rake is one of the smallest rug rakes on the market. It is 5 inches wide. You will need a great deal of muscle power if you were to use it to clean a bigger and thicker rug. It is an ideal size for small mats that do not require a lot of grooming.
It is a small rake; so, you can use it without a pole, especially when raking small carpets or doormats. However, you can buy its 11-7/8-inch long handle when you want to use it to clean bigger carpets. The handle is pretty short and may not be suitable for taller people.
The strong, flexible spikes loosen the matted load in heavy traffic parts of your carpet to detach deeply seated grime and dirt. When rug raking is done before vacuuming, this helps to loosen pet hair and soil particles.
- Can be used without a pole
- Offers an effective and easy pre-vacuum treatment
- Releases dirt from your carpet
- Helps to effectively remove pet hair that may be attached to your carpet
- Gets rid of pile floor covering around your entrances
- Comes with a very firm and flexible bristles
- The width of the brush is not suitable for bigger rugs
- The handle is a little bit shorter for taller people
4. The Universal Rug Rake – Luxury High-End Choice
The brush is remarkably lightweight, very well made, easy to use, and of course convenient to store after use. Do not worry about the dirt that is located in awkward places on your rug, because the ergonomic handle of the rake extends to a full 4-feet and locks into place.
This rake works wonders compared to most vacuum cleaners at removing dog and cat hair from carpets and rugs. Its tin plated tines are reinforced as well as secured in a plastic frame for additional durability, especially when exposed to excess pressure.
- Pulls annoying pet hair from the deep corners of your rug
- Comes with an extendable four-foot handle for easy cleaning
- Does not require too much force to pull hair out of the carpet
- Known to work better than conventional vacuum cleaners
- The metal brush may be hard on some soft rugs
- It is an expensive choice for a tight budget
5. Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee – Best for a Wide Variety of Applications
This adjustable rubber broom with an integrated squeegee helps get your carpet’s surface clean with less time as well as effort. It is the kind of tool that will help you with tight spaces that are usually hard to reach with a conventional broom.
It is incorporated with a built-in squeegee edge for cleaning windshields, showers, and windows. It offers great service when wiping liquid spills on concrete, tiles, interior flooring, and patio decks.
The one thing that you would love most about this rake is the adjustable handle. You are not confined to a specific length. This makes the brush suitable for all kinds of users; it does not matter whether you are short or tall.
- A versatile cleaning tool can clean rugs, carpets, windows, and tiles
- Rubber bristles are very effective at removing pet hair
- Built-in squeegee edge helps with windshields, showers, and windows
- Adjustable long handle is suitable for all users
- You can reach tight spaces and under the stairs with the adjustable handle
- Cleaning the bristles is easy after use
- Rubber bristles can wear out easily
- May require additional force to remove dirt, which can cause the handle to break
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Carpet Rake
A carpet rake is a tool designed to look like a broom, which helps to clean your carpet, making it look as good as new.
The best carpet rake will get hair, dirt, or other solid particles out of your carpet. Below are factors to consider before buying a carpet rake.
Design and Construction
When it comes to the construction or design of a carpet rake, one should consider the size of the carpet rake as it depends on the use of the rake. With carpet rakes that are longer in size, they will perfectly reach a wide surface area within a short time.
As far as the bristles go, you should consider factors like rigidity, thickness, and flexibility. Bristles can be made from silicon, plastic, rubber, nylon, and metal. Flexible bristles are the best for lifting dirt, soil particles, and debris without damaging the carpet. The stiff and shorter bristles are versatile and convenient.
Silicon and metallic bristles are best designed to pull out hair as they are able to penetrate deeper into the carpet rugs. The plastic and rubber rakes are effective too, with the rubber rakes best designed to suit thin carpets and floors that are hard.
Other rakes come with a special feature, a squeegee that will help wash the carpet with soapy water and clean the liquid spilled on the floor. Others have a volume that can effectively hold dirt, hair, and particles.
When it comes to buying a carpet rake, you should consider if the rake is long-lasting and whether it will offer the services you need. The heads of the rake should be considered as they provide support to the tines. They can be made from rubber, plastic, metal or nylon, with rubber rakes being water-resistant, and have a long shelf life.
One should be on the lookout for durable bristles. The firmness and the material used to make the bristles will enhance durability. Soft bristles are bound to fall off, unlike hard and stiff bristles, which will have a long life. The nylon, plastic, metallic and rubber bristles are known to be long-lasting.
Performance and Ease of Use
This goes hand in hand with the purpose of the carpet rake. If the rake is for removing pet hair, or human hair on the floor, then a carpet with bristles that are firm will be the best option as it will easily lift pet hair without any hassles.
If your carpet covers a larger surface area, then the best rake to use is the one with long handles as it helps you get under the furniture with little pressure applied. This ensures effectiveness compared to the carpet rakes with short handles.
With the price of the carpet rakes ranging from $10 to $30 depending on the type you want. This is relatively cheap and affordable. Mostly the pricing depends on the design and the type of carpet that you intend to use it on.
If you compare a normal carpet rake to one that is designed with a squeegee part and comes with bristles. The normal carpet rake with no attachment is pocket-friendly compared to the squeegee carpet rake that costs more.
The brand of the carpet rake also hugely contributes to the pricing of the rake. Just like steam mops, if a rake is made by a well-known brand, the pricing will be higher and in most cases the quality too.
Storage and Maintenance
After the carpet rake satisfies you with its incredible services. All that is left is keeping it in good condition for future use. Carpet rakes with the squeegees feature are usually easier to maintain, since after use, you are able to wash and rinse them with soap.
Storage of the carpet rake is also important as some are bound to rust or even get worn out. The best thing is to ensure that the storage space is convenient and enough to fit the carpet rake. Some carpet rakes are small and occupy less storage space.
Ready To Buy The Best Carpet Rake?
Carpet grooming can be remarkably hard with a regular broom, but it can be super easy with the best carpet rakes. You just have to choose the ideal rug rake that is high performing and affordable. Our best overall choice is the CRW Grandi Groom Carpet Rake.
You might be missing out on the services of a carpet broom because of a tight budget. We have a very affordable choice for you, the BCW Carpet Rake. If you do not have a carpet rake, buy one today and extend the life of your carpet.
Leave a Reply