The Callaway Superhot 55 golf ball contains a three-part design combining the brand’s signature softness with performance. Built for golfers of all levels and abilities, the Superhot 55 helps with distance and straightens shots.
Callaway is a trusted golf brand which has made a name for itself in recent years with soft balls. The low 55 compression means that these balls have a softer feel when hit.
While it is still possible to get spin on the ball with the Superhot 55, it retains that signature Callaway softness. Its three-layer design has a surlyn cover.
The Callaway Superhot 55 was first released in February of 2016. Expert reviewers lauded it for combining distance, straightness and soft feel.
Callaway has continued along the same lines while adapting technologically with its more recent offerings. While professional golfers now use balls with urethane coatings, the rest of us may want a little less spin.
Read on to find out the Callaway Superhot 55’s specifications, its positive and negative points and where and why to buy it.
Callaway Superhot 55 Specs
Table of Contents
Below are some general specifications for Callaway Superhot 55 golf balls.
- Sold As: Pack of 24 or 12 Golf Balls
- Weight of 24-Pack: Three pounds
- Dimples: 332 Hex-Aerodynamic Dimples
- Spin: Low
- Layers: Three
- Coating: Surlyn
- Compression: 55 (Low)
- Feel: Soft
Callaway Superhot 55 Features
Not everyone realizes how much difference ball type makes to a golfer’s game. Below are some of the distinctive features of these golf balls.
- Aerodynamic Design: This ball is built for low drag and maximized lift. Whether you are hitting with a driver or a putter, the soft yet smooth design allows this ball to travel. It may be soft, but the Callaway Superhot 55 golf ball travels far and fast.
- Straight Shots: The design of this ball does not eliminate spin completely but allows for straighter shots. The surlyn coating and mantle layer help golfers at all levels control their shots.
- Soft Feel: The surlyn coating, soft mantle layer, high velocity core and low compression level of 55 provide a soft feel on your hits. This means whether your swing is fast or slower, the ball will be compressed enough to travel.
What Makes Callaway Superhot 55 Golf Balls So Awesome
The Callaway brand seeks to adapt ball design as innovations are discovered. With that, though a few years on the market, the Callaway Superhot 55 balances several desirable factors. These golf balls help golfers achieve distance and straightness with their shots, while keeping spin possible. They also provide soft feel and low compression so that at any speed, your swing makes an impact.
Below are some of the advantages of the Callaway Superhot 55 Golf Ball.
- Triple Layer Design: The surlyn coating combines with the mantle and core to allow for low compression on this ball. This, again, provides the golfer a long and straight shot.
- Low Spin: If control is something you are working on as a golfer, this ball will help you. At the same time, for a skilled golfer, purposeful spins and slices are still possible.
- Distance On Shots: Again, the design of the ball enhances the length of your shots almost as much as possible. Whether you hit fast and hard or less so, you can achieve distance.
Our Feedback and Reviews
This golf ball could be a great fit for a variety of different golfers. If you have challenges with distance and control, this ball may be for you. However, even skilled golfers can appreciate the soft feel with some ability to still spin the ball.
In addition, the balls are affordable, and Callaway focuses on evolving its technology. To be sure of what you want, though, compare the Superhot 55 to Callaway Supersoft balls as well as other brands.
See below what reviewers and customers had to report about the product.
- Low Spin: Callaway is not trying to advertise this ball as having anything other than low spin. For some golfers, though, that reduces workability and stopping power on the green.
- Similar For Less: Reviewers reported finding similar golf balls for lower prices.
- Improves Distance: Many reviewers and customers agree that the use of the Callaway Superhot 55 ball increases the distance on your hit. This is especially true for those with a slow to medium hit speed. The aerodynamic design is effective.
- Low Spin, Again: Yes, low spin is a pro for some and a con for others. It enables many golfers to hit straighter and stay on the green.
- Soft Feel: Callaway’s signature soft feel and the low compression level of this ball work to the advantage of the golfer.
- Reasonable Price: Some customers found these balls to be an excellent value for the cost.
How Much Do Callaway Superhot 55 Golf Balls Cost?
A pack of 24 Superhot 55 balls sells on Amazon for about $45. They are also available at slightly higher prices from big box stores.
A box of a dozen Callaway Superhot 55 golf balls sells for approximately $25.
Why Buy Callaway Superhot 55 Golf Balls?
Reports indicate that buying and using these golf balls may well improve many golfers’ games. They are known for improving length on shots. The aerodynamic three-layer design with surlyn coating engenders this distance.
The design also creates that soft feel and low compression for which Callaway has become known. The soft feel is great for any speed of swing. The low spin makes it easier to hit the ball straight and control it. If you are starting to commit to golf or serious about improving, you will likely see benefits from these balls.
In terms of value, when you purchase the Superhot 55, you are getting a quality product from a reliable industry brand. If price is your primary concern, you may be able to find golf balls for less.
For a balance of quality and reasonable cost, however, Callaway Superhot 55 balls are an excellent choice. They are also not at the very top of the golf ball price range.