Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned boxer, it is mandatory for you to use punching bags as part of training regime.
Heavy punching bags will help you to focus your power and technique on something as heavy as your opponent.
Whenever you are punching heavy bags, you need to ensure that the hands are well protected. In such a case, nothing will protect your hands better than the best boxing gloves for heavy bags (Source).
Basically, the right heavy bag gloves should be of the right size and fit, type and weight.
Additionally, you need to ensure that you choose the right closure for your gloves. Read our review to find your perfect pair.
Best Boxing Gloves for Heavy Bag 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Boxing Gloves for Heavy Bag 2019
- 2 1. RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Boxing Gloves – Best Overall
- 3 2. TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves – Best Gloves for Customizable Fit
- 4 3. RingSide Gel Shock Boxing Super Bag Gloves – The best Heavy Bag Gloves Under $100
- 5 4. Hayabusa Tokushu Gloves – The Best High-End Heavy Bag Gloves
- 6 5. Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves – The Best Affordable Heavy Bag Gloves
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying Before Buying Boxing Gloves for Heavy Bags
- 8 Our Final Review
|RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Boxing Gloves|
|TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves|
|RingSide Gel Shock Boxing Super Bag Gloves|
|Hayabusa Tokushu Gloves|
|Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves|
1. RDX Cow Hide Leather Gel Boxing Gloves – Best OverallIf you are looking for an individualized fit and reliable protection while punching heavy bags, these gloves will come in handy. In this regard, the product features thick gel layers to give you the individualized fit you are looking for. The outer surface of these gloves is made of a layer of quality full-grain layer. The inner layers comprise of three, thick gel layers, a mesh palm layer and a two-step wrist strap.
As such, these gloves will give your hands a comfortable, cushioned feel, whilst maximizing shock absorption. The two-step wrist strap used on these gloves is arguably one of the most secure and comprehensive wrapping system today. While these gloves are tough and durable to withstand daily abuse, they are very breathable. This may be attributed to the CoolX palm mesh lines that are incorporated into their structure.
Owing to this solid construction, these gloves deliver an impressive performance when used on heavy punching bags. As you can imagine, this product will offer you the stability and protection your hands need for day-to-day training impacts.
2. TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves – Best Gloves for Customizable FitHaving been produced by one of the leading manufacturer in the industry, these gloves boast of excellent protection and quality materials. These title boxing gloves have been specifically designed for use on heavy punching bags. As such, the outer layer of these gloves is entirely made of leather. Additionally, this product incorporates several other layers to give you a confident and comfortable punching experience.
The inner layer of these bag gloves comprises of a breathable material. As you punch on heavy bags repeatedly, your hands are bound to sweat. In this regard, the inner breathable layer wicks the sweat away as soon as it forms. This leaves your hands dry and comfortable for a lasting performance. The manufacturer has laid a gel layer above the breathable layer for shock absorption. In addition to absorbing shock, this gel layer allows for accustom fit of the gloves.
This product comes in several appealing color schemes, which give you a variety to choose from. The various styles and color schemes of this product are suited for women as well as men. Rather than using a continuous layer of leather, the manufacturer uses panels to make the Gel World Bag Gloves. The various panes used to make the gloves are double stitched, making them very tough and durable.
3. RingSide Gel Shock Boxing Super Bag Gloves – The best Heavy Bag Gloves Under $100As opposed to the other bag boxing gloves reviewed above, this Ringside product uses gel, in addition to foam, to offer cushioning for your hands. Among the most appealing features of these gloves is their weight. Weighing 12 ounces, they are rated some of the best for boxers looking forward to building their endurance and strength. If you train using these gloves, you will be faster on the competition gloves because they are considerably lighter.
Rather than spreading the gel layer throughout the surface of the gloves, the manufacturer has positioned it strategically. The gel layer on this product is used above the knuckles to absorb shock and protect them. The rest of the glove is cushioned using a layer of padded foam. The product comes in a choice of 3 colors.
The outer layer is entirely made of leather, while the straps are made of a thick elastic material. This, in addition to the hook and loop closure system used on the gloves, offer a tight fit.
4. Hayabusa Tokushu Gloves – The Best High-End Heavy Bag GlovesOne of the things that will surely attract you to this product is its distinct design and exceptional built. This particular model was produced based on the results of a university research. As such, these gloves will offer you reliable protection as well as lasting performance. In this regard, the gloves feature distinct technology to absorb impacts in a systematic manner.
Additionally, the manufacturer uses an innovative split system on these boxing gloves to ensure that the hand and wrist are aligned at all times. By so doing, the gloves make every punch count, whilst preventing injuries to the hand. The carbonized bamboo material used to make the gloves not only has deodorizing properties; it regulates temperature inside the gloves.
Unlike the other heavy bag punching gloves reviewed in this guide, the exterior of these Hayabusa Tokushu gloves is made of Vylar—an engineered leather. This material enhances punching power and makes the product very durable.
5. Everlast Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves – The Best Affordable Heavy Bag GlovesLet not the relatively low price discourage you from buying these gloves. They are produced by one of the reputable brands in the industry today. As such, they feature a solid construction and are made of quality materials. The main difference between the Neoprene Heavy Bag Gloves and the other products reviewed above is the materials. In this regard, the exterior shell of these gloves is made of neoprene—a synthetic rubber that is renowned for its durability.
Additionally, this material is very flexible, allowing your hands the elasticity and movement they need. With regards to protection, this product features a foam layer. This layer is well pre-curved inside the gloves to give you a comfortable and natural feel. The other vulnerable parts of the hand are protected by the padded palm grips.
Things You Must Know Before Buying Before Buying Boxing Gloves for Heavy Bags
While shopping for the right boxing gloves, you need to ascertain what you need them for. As you may be aware, there are several types of boxing gloves today. Each of the available glove types is designed for a particular application.
This being the case, choosing the right boxing gloves for heavy bags can be a daunting task. So, what should you look for?
Since you are looking for the right gloves to use on heavy bags, these are some of the considerations you should make:
1. Boxing Glove Types
Essentially, boxing gloves may be classified based on their primary application. When shopping for the best boxing gloves, you need to ensure that you have bought the right type.
While the various other boxing glove types may be used to punch bags, each has its benefits and downsides. When shopping for these products, these are the main glove types you should consider:
- Bag Gloves
These are the boxing gloves that are specifically for use on heavy punching bags. As you are aware, punching bags are used for training. As such, the best bag gloves should be tough enough to withstand repeated, high-impact punches. If you are looking for bag gloves, it is advisable to go for the durable brands that can withstand daily abuse.
- Fitness Gloves
These are some of the most versatile boxing gloves today. In this regard, fitness boxing gloves may be used on various surfaces, including heavy punching bags. As such, they are often referred to as all-purpose/training gloves. With regards to construction, most fitness gloves are made of synthetic leather. This makes them easy to clean and tough.
- Competition Gloves
These are specifically designed for use in boxing competitions. When buying these, you need to comply with the various guidelines for professional and amateur matches. Basically, the various competition gloves are lighter than the other types of boxing gloves.
- Sparring Gloves
These boxing gloves are meant for use when you are sparring with an opponent. Such boxing gloves feature additional padding so as to minimize impact on your opponents. Such gloves are designed to keep you and your opponent safe as you spar.
2. Weight of the Gloves
Gloves meant for training are generally heavier than competition gloves. This may be attributed to their additional protection and padding. For the purpose of training, you should consider buying heavier gloves. This will enhance your endurance as you prepare for a match.
This way, you will be quicker with the lighter competition boxing gloves. Again, your choice of the glove weight will also be influenced by your body weight, as illustrated below:
3. Glove Size and Fit
For optimal protection of the hands while you are punching heavy bags, you need to buy bag boxing gloves of the right size. In this regard, the right gloves should fit snug around your hands. While deciding on the right size, it is advisable to factor in the wraps you will be using beneath the gloves.
Different brands use different types of closures on their boxing gloves. While some boxers tend to ignore the closures, they actually determine the fit and comfort of the gloves. Some of the commonest closures today include hook and loop closures. Many boxers love such closures because they are relatively easy and fast to adjust.
Lace closures, on the other hand, will offer you more versatility. Choosing gloves with lace closures gives you control over the tightness of the gloves. However, lace closures make gloves relatively hard to put on or take off. As a matter of fact, you will need the help of someone else to put on or take off such gloves.
Our Final Review
Protection for the hands against impact and durability are some of the things good gloves for heavy punching bags should offer. However, preferences for these products vary from one boxer to another. For instance, some would like to have a pair of gloves that is simple, relatively light and protective.
Then there are those that want a comparatively heavy pair of bag gloves to build their strength and endurance. Regardless of your preferences, this guide will help you buy the best gloves for heavy punching bags today.