Every adult has experienced the thrills of jumping in a bounce house – either at a birthday party or the carnival. Today, you even get bounce houses for adults, where they can enjoy the great jumping activity. In the past, bounce houses were rented for events or parties, but today manufacturers have come up with designs aimed at residential use.
In this pandemic situation, parents who are looking for ways to offer their kids some recreational activities can consider looking for bounce houses on the internet. It is an awesome way to engage your kids and keep them physically fit.
Why Do You Need A Bounce House?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do You Need A Bounce House?
- 2 Criteria For Bounce Houses To Consider While Buying
- 3 1. Bounceland Castle [ASTM & CPSC certified]
- 4 2. Bounceland Pop Star [ASTM & CPSC certified]
- 5 3. Bounceland Jump & Splash [Winner of Creative Child Award 2020]
- 6 4. Little Tikes Jump ‘n Slide [GFCI outlet]
- 7 5. Little Tikes Jump & Double Slide Bouncer
Playing is essential for every child, and they adore bouncing. You can find these inflatable structures in different designs, sizes, and color combinations. Ordering them on the internet is convenient, and as soon as it gets delivered at your doorsteps, you can assemble it quickly. Soon, the little ones will be jumping and screaming with joy.
Nevertheless, there is an array of colorful bouncing beauties online, which makes your buying decision overwhelming. They are not designed alike, so let’s explore what criteria to consider while shopping for bounce houses.
Criteria For Bounce Houses To Consider While Buying
The top concern for parents while buying a bouncing fairyland is the safety of the play structure. Fortunately, the bounce house manufacturers must adhere to specific safety standards otherwise, they will not be able to sell their products. It includes nontoxic material use and ensures that the inflatable house is sufficiently stable and not collapsible, or the kids playing on or inside it can get injured.
Even parents need to ensure that their kids play safely in the bounce house. Never wear shoes while entering the bounce house as it avoids tears, rips, and hurting other kids while bouncing.
Committedly follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding age and weight limits along with maximum user number. Before, you order read reviews to ensure that there is no complaint regarding the potential bounce house.
Besides safety, you need to look for durability. You don’t desire to spend on poor quality, so you invest several hundred to allow your children to enjoy bouncing for long. Common material choices for bounce houses are woven Oxford and PVC material. They are water-resistant, easily wiped clean, and durable.
Choose a model that offers a continuous flowing air feature. It means you don’t need to be concerned about the house getting ripped, thus enhancing durability. The majority of continuous air bounce houses have tiny holes, which allow air to escape. The house does not over inflate. One thing to remember is continuous flowing air feature does not help large rips, so opt for one with a repair kit.
Indoor or Outdoor
The pros of an indoor bounce house include no exposure to wind or sun. Thus, you don’t need to get concerned about the weakening of the material due to external elements that can dent your investment.
Many people have good outdoor space so they can install the structure even outside in the backyard or lawn. It means people with sufficient space indoor and outdoor can buy any kind of model. They can store it in their garage, when not in use.
For an indoor bounce house, you need to consider the space. Check the area and height to ensure it fits comfortably indoors. It even applied to limited space outdoor. Buying a bounce house randomly is not a good idea. Large size means you will be unable to use it and your kids will feel sad.
Every bounce house varies in features making them fun. Along with bouncing, there can be a climbing area, ball pits, or slides. Remember, the overall size gets affected by the number of features. More features add to the fun, but you need to ensure that there is sufficient space.
Some features need regular tasks to keep them clean. For example, a bounce house with a water slide can add great fun outdoor, but you need to completely dry the water, after each use. Ignoring this can cause the development of mildew or mold in the folds when you store the bounce house.
Assemble & Disassemble
Assembling the inflatable structure for a party or play-time, you need a hassle-free task. It is a recreational activity and not the one that causes stress. The bounce house has a blower attached to it. Smaller models need to get inflated and sealed. Bigger ones are connected to a blower, so you need an electrical outlet.
Blower attached bounce houses can handle tiny holes without getting ruined. Many structures have tiny holes that prevent them from over-inflating. If an outdoor model is chosen, you desire to have an easily deflating feature. If left up, the material can get damaged due to UV and wind exposure. The bounce house needs to be kept dry to avoid trapping moisture.
Sizing matters, so first measure the indoor or/and the outdoor space. It makes looking for a model within these dimensions easy. The overall size will affect its capacity. There are restrictions on how many children can play within or weight limit. Maximum weight matters because it can otherwise damage the inflatable structure. So, if adults desire to enjoy bouncing activities, they can choose a big one.
Warranty means protecting your investment, and everyone desires to get some kind of assurance for the quality. In the majority of models, you need to adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines strictly to maintain the validity of the warranty offered. Some brands offer a limited warranty of material quality or workmanship flaws. Top brands of bounce house don’t mind offering a warranty as they are certain about the product quality.
To fulfill the warranty, you will need to contact customer service, so read the user’s reviews on their experience regarding customer service requests of the potential brand.
The price will differ from one model to another. It depends on the brand and the features offered. There are basic models, which are cheaper than the ones with features like water slides. No worries, you will find a bounce house that can suit your budget!
The 5 Best & Adventurous Bounce Houses For Kids
1. Bounceland Castle [ASTM & CPSC certified]
- Its size is 12’ x 9’ x 7’. [W x L x H]
- The jumping surface is designed from commercial-grade heavy-duty PV-coated material.
- The structure has 2 to 4 stitching, which can handle 3 kids jumping or sliding.
- The weight limit is 250 pounds.
- Half-way Velcro opening that makes entry and exits easy and safe.
- Installation takes a couple of minutes.
- UL-certified blower with a GFCI plug and 25-foot power cord.
- What is included? – Bounce house, blower, stakes, carry bag, manual, and repair kit.
- Warranty – 90-day for manufacturing defect coverage. The warranty on the blower is for one year.
2. Bounceland Pop Star [ASTM & CPSC certified]
- Large bouncing space
- Slide [7’ long]
- Basketball hoop
- Popstar theme
- Inflates rapidly
- The inflated size of the structure is 15 ft. x 13 ft. x 8.3 ft. [W X L X H]
- The maximum weight limit is 500 pounds. Maximum 5 kids can enjoy at the same time.
- The material is punctured proof, and seams are double or quadruple for good bouncing durability.
- The 9” ground stakes are strong.
- Replaceable extra slide cover for easy cleaning and extra protection.
- Limited warranty of 90 days on manufacturing defects. One-year warranty on the blower.
- Carry bag for proper storage and portability ease.
- Ideal for indoor as well as outdoor use.
3. Bounceland Jump & Splash [Winner of Creative Child Award 2020]
- Water slide
- Climbing wall
- Splash pool
- Basketball hoop
- The product size is 11.5 ft. L x 9 ft. W x 6 ft. H,
- The 4.5 x 4.25 jumping area is made from tough and durable material.
- Water-proof blower, so no concerns about using it with the water hose.
- Water flowing makes the slide surface wet and slick. It makes kids enjoy sliding faster and ending in the splash pool.
- Shallow pool space is at the bottom and can be used wet or dry.
- Other accessories included are a heavy-duty blower, blowing hose, water hose, carrying bag, stakes, repair kit, and instruction manual.
- Instant inflation.
- Limited warranty on manufacturers defects for 90 days. Blower – 1-year warranty.
- The product is certified for material and consumer safety.
4. Little Tikes Jump ‘n Slide [GFCI outlet]
- Its size is 9′ W x 11′ L x 5′ H
- The tough polyester material is used to make the bounce house
- Double seam stitches allow protection from tears and rips.
- The side has mesh closure making the bouncing area feel spacious and safe.
- The jump house accompanies a heavy-duty blower.
- It includes a GFCI outlet, which detects risky ground errors. The power automatically switches off, and kids are safe from faulty shocks.
- What is included? – Jump house, blower, stakes, instruction booklet, and a repair kit.
- Inflates and deflates within a minute.
- You can store it with ease in its carry case when not in use.
Some buyers found issues with seams, but the majority of users find this a great introductory bounce house for toddlers.
5. Little Tikes Jump & Double Slide Bouncer
- 2 slides with slide rails
- Large bouncing space with tall protective walls.
- The inflatable size is 68.00” x 108.00” x 84.00”(L x W x H in inches).
- Interior bouncing area is 85.00″ x 71.00″ x 46.00″(L x W x H in inches).
- Climbing the wall on the structure’s backslide allows kids to get to the 1st slide.
- The tall mesh door protects the bouncing and jumping kids. Even parents can keep their eyes and enjoy the kids having fun.
- Sturdy stakes allow the bouncing house to stand firmly in its place.
- A heavy-duty blower offers continuous airflow, and thus the inflation is maintained properly.
- The blower does not make loud noises. So, it is a great option for indoors, too.
There is plenty of research to do before you invest in a suitable bounce house. The buying decision of a bounce house differs from one person to another. There are no one-fit-in-all inflatable structures. It is based on personal preferences, needs, and budget.
Some parents look to invest in a residential bounce house including multiple fun features for their kid’s enjoyment in the backyard. There are even people who are planning to start a small rental business for generating extra income.
Choose an adventurous bounce house that kids can use safely!