Would you like to dry your hair more effectively and faster without having to worry about burnt scalp or hair? Well, you should consider investing in the best bonnet hair dryer for home or professional salon application. The leading bonnet hair dryers, also known as hooded hair dryers are more comfortable, faster and efficient at drying hair.
These products are known to work on different hair types and textures. This may be attributed to their customizable settings, which make them fairly versatile. However, there are numerous bonnet hairdryer makes and models available today. To choose the right unit, there are several aspects that you must consider.
For instance, you need to consider the type of dryer, variable heat settings, size, portability, technology and definitely affordability of the products. To make things a bit easier for you, here are reviews of five of the best bonnet hair dryers in the market today.
The Best Bonnet Hair Dryers
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Bonnet Hair Dryers
- 2 1. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer – Best Overall
- 3 2. Hair Flair New and Improved Deluxe Softhood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment – Most Affordable
- 4 3. Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer – Most Portable
- 5 4. Tourmaline Tools 1059 by Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt High Heat Portable Salon Dryer – Lightweight Design
- 6 5. Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer– Best for Salons
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing a Bonnet Hair Dryer
- 8 Our Final Verdict
|Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer|
|Hair Flair New and Improved Deluxe Softhood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment|
|Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer|
|Tourmaline Tools 1059 by Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt High Heat Portable Salon Dryer|
|Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer|
1. Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer – Best OverallA simple, portable, aesthetically appealing and highly functional design is what you need in a soft bonnet hair dryer. If you are shopping for the best hair dryer for use at home, the Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer offers such attributes and much more. In addition to being portable and lightweight, the product is packed with an array of efficiency features.
In its functioning, the LADR5604 bonnet dryer applies ion infused airflow to dry hair. The ion infused airflow technology is an innovative, highly-efficient hair drying technology being used by the leading hair dryer manufacturers today. Over the years, this technology has been proven to be very fast at drying different hair types and textures.
With regards to versatility, the product may be used to dry braids and roller sets. Additionally, the hooded hair dryer has also been proven to be useful in conditioning and chemical hair treatment applications. The innovative technology used by the manufacturer in this product also helps retain hair moisture. This not only prevents hair breakage, it also leaves your hair looking healthier and shiner.
You will also find the LADR5604 bonnet dryer customizable. In this regard, the product offers 3 speed and heat settings. This allows you to adjust the unit to your preferred hair drying and styling conditions. Unlike many other dryers within this range, this Laila Ali dryer offers cooling settings as well. You may use the cooling setting after drying your hair to help set the style. The product is large enough to accommodate jumbo rollers, allowing you to comfortably create loose curls.
2. Hair Flair New and Improved Deluxe Softhood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment – Most AffordableIf you are looking for simplicity, functionality and affordability, the Deluxe Softhood Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment by Hair Floe is the way to go. With regards to performance, the product was awarded the NaturallyCurly Editors Choice Award in 2015 for being the best styling tool. As such, you can rest assured that you are investing on a proven product.
You will find this bonnet dryer convenient and fast at drying and styling hair. The product may be used with rollers, velcros or curliformers. In this regard, you only need to place the bonnet over the rollers, curliformers or velcros and secure it in place by pulling the drawstrings and fastening the adjustable chin strap. The unit offers adjustable heat settings and has been proven to dry hair in 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer – Most PortableThe Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer is rated the best travel hair dryer for a reason. The unit features a compact and lightweight design. Although the drying hood of the unit is relatively large, it is also collapsible for easy storage and transportation. With regards to performance, this product has a horde of fascinating features to offer.
To begin with, it features 2 heat settings. The low heat and speed setting of the dryer is rated 900 Watts and has been proven to be very gentle. In this regard, the low setting of the unit is best suited for drying synthetic and natural hair safely. The high speed and heat setting of the dryer, on the other hand, is rated 1,875 watts.
4. Tourmaline Tools 1059 by Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt High Heat Portable Salon Dryer – Lightweight DesignAlthough priced a little above $100. This product is worth every penny. From a lightweight design to adjustable heat settings and versatility, the Tourmaline Ionic bonnet dryer has the features you need. As compared to other units available today, this product will cut down your drying time by about 50 percent without damaging your hair in the process. High power is another thing its users love.
In this regard, the dryer delivers a maximum power output of 1875 watts. Additionally, this unit has 4 heat settings and 2 separate speed settings. This will give you the flexibility you need whenever you are styling or drying your hair. In its functioning, the Tourmaline tools 1059 use both ionic nano and tourmaline technologies. No wonder it is so effective at what it does.
5. Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer– Best for SalonsIf you are looking for the best bonnet hair dryer for your professional saloon, the Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-hat Dryer will do. As one of the best hard hooded hair dryers, this model offers the power and flexibility you need for professional applications.
For a faster and safe drying experience, the product is equipped with a 2000-watt brushless motor. Despite having such a powerful motor, the product is very quiet in operation. It also features an AUX input that connects to any MP3 player of phone. This will entertain your clients as they have their hair done.
Things You Need to Know Before Choosing a Bonnet Hair Dryer
How much do you know about hair dryers? If you are shopping for the bets unit for your salon or just for use at home, you need to know what to look for.
The best of these units are designed to dry out your hair without using direct heat. As such, you will not end up damaging your hair or burning your sculp. However, you must have realized that there are numerous Bonnet hair dryers in the market.
Whether it is for your salon or for use at home, you must ensure that you have bought the right unit. Basically, these products differ in design, size, power and technology. As such, not all the bonnet hair dryers available today are best suited for your application. In order to choose the best bonnet hair dryer for your intended application, here are some of the considerations you should make.
1. Type of Bonnet Hair Dryer
The various bonnet hair dryer models available today may be categorized into two main groups. Before choosing the right product for home or salon, you first need to ascertain which of the two types will work best for you. In this regard, these are the two bonnet hair dryer types you should consider:
- Hard Bonnet Hair Dryers
These are relatively bulkier and heavier and often attached to a seat. As such, they are best suited for salon applications. Since they are meant for use on different people with different types of hair, such models are known to be very flexible. However, hard bonnet hair dryers are less portable and are comparatively expensive to buy.
- Soft Hair Dryers
If you are looking for a portable bonnet hair dryer or a model that is best suited for use at home, you should get a soft bonnet hair dryer. As compared to the hard hair dryers, the soft dryers are comparatively smaller and more portable. In most of the leading soft dryer models, the bonnet is foldable for easier transportation or storage. Again, these products are more affordable, as compared to the hard bonnet dryers.
How flexible should your preferred hooded hair dryer be? Well, this will mainly depend on the intended application. For home application, you do not need a model that is so flexible. For commercial applications, though, you need a product that is very flexible. You will be receiving different clients with varying hair needs in your salon every day. As such, you should go for a product that is scalable to different hair drying requirements.
If the dryer is for use as home, your need to consider your hair type. In this case, you can just go for a model with the right features for your type of hair. Since the unit will only be used by a few people, flexibility may not be a key consideration here.
3. Customizable Heat Settings
With regards to flexibility, this is one of the aspects you need to consider. As you may be aware, different hair styling and textures require different heat settings. If you own a saloon, this will be very important as you will be using the product on different people. Most of the leading bonnet hair dryers have adjustable heat settings. As such, you should go for a heat setting range that you find appropriate. Again, heat setting should be conveniently accessible and easy to adjust.
4. Ionic Technology
Different hair dryers work differently in drawing water molecules from the hair. Most of the modern hooded hair dryers use ionic technology, in this regard. Using this technology, such products have been proven to be more efficient at breaking water molecules into smaller units. This, in turn, makes hair drying relatively easier.
Again, this technology is useful at sealing off the cuticles and protecting the hair from damage by heat. This is one of the primary advantages of the bonnet hair dryers over other types of hair dryers in use today. Another feature you should consider, in this regard, is tourmaline. This infrared heat technology has been proven to dry the hair faster and thoroughly.
Our Final Verdict
Whether it is the budget, portability, functionality or simply the budget, different people have varying preferences when it comes to hair dryers. If you are looking forward to dry and set your hair safely and fast, you should consider investing in the right bonnet hair dryer. With so many products to choose from today, the choice boils down to the features you need in your dryer. Regardless of the case, this guide will help you buy the bets bonnet hair dryer in the market.