Bluetooth enabled headsets are considered to be relatively convenient devices. So are Bluetooth speakers, allowing you to listen to music or receive calls without any wired connection to the phone.
Another great things about Bluetooth is that it give you access to the broadcasting devices from a distance. As such, you may use a Bluetooth headset to receive a phone call while you are a short distance from the connected phone.
However, you can attest to the fact that the range offered by Bluetooth is comparatively limiting.
While Bluetooth standard 4.0 can broadcast signals from greater distances (up to 100 feet), most Bluetooth versions cannot broadcast signals beyond 33 feet (Source).
So, what can you do to increase the range? The solution lies with top-rated Bluetooth range extenders.
With the right unit, you can increase the range of your Bluetooth signals significantly. While shopping for the right range extender device, you need to consider such aspects as the type, range, capabilities and literacy of the devices.
Best Bluetooth Range Extenders 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Bluetooth Range Extenders 2018
- 2 1. TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, Wireless 3.5 mm Audio Adapter – Best Overall
- 3 2. Miccus New! 160 ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth v 4.2 Transmitter – The Best Bluetooth Range Extender Below $50
- 4 3. Avantree Oasis 164 ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter – The Best Class 1 Bluetooth Range Extender
- 5 4. TRAKK ACTIV Bluetooth Bike Speaker – The Best Bluetooth Range Extender for Bikes
- 6 5. Amphony Bluetooth Audio Receiver/Amplifier Model 300 – Advanced Features & Powerful
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Choosing a Bluetooth Range Extender
- 8 Type of Bluetooth Range Extender
- 9 Signal Boosting Capability
- 10 Is it a Receiver or a Transmitter?
- 11 Literacy
- 12 Is Bluetooth Dangerous?
- 13 Can My Bluetooth be Hacked?
- 14 Benefits of Using Bluetooth
- 15 Our Final Verdict
|TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, Wireless 3.5 mm Audio Adapter|
|Miccus New! 160 ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth v 4.2 Transmitter|
|Avantree Oasis 164ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter|
|TRAKK ACTIV Bluetooth Bike Speaker|
|Amphony Bluetooth Audio Receiver/Amplifier Model 300|
If you run out of charge, just connect the charger to the unit without disrupting the transmission of Bluetooth signals. You will also love the fact that the product is easy to set up. In this regard, the product connects to iPods, TVs and many other devices via an RCA cable or the conventional 3.5 mm audio jack. Being one of the best Bluetooth range extension devices out there, this product features the latest technology in the industry.
This TaoTronics transmitter and receiver device features Bluetooth 4.1 standard and is a low literacy extender. This ensures that you get real time transmission of signals with minimal lags. The product is designed to extend your range significantly, without affecting signal strength of the signals or sound quality. The aptX Lowest Latency technology used in this 2-in-1 extender has been proven to reduce end-to-end lag to a mare 40 milliseconds. This ensures that there is no deterioration in sound quality while transmitting through the device.
2. Miccus New! 160 ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth v 4.2 Transmitter – The Best Bluetooth Range Extender Below $50What if you get a unit that offers the best blend of affordability, long range, low literacy and compatibility? Well, you need to try out the Miccus New RTX 2.0 Long Range Bluetooth v 4.2 Transmitter today. This is another one of the devices that are using the latest Bluetooth technology in the market today. In this regard, the product is equipped with Bluetooth V 4.2 technology. With regards to versatility, this Miccus range extender can connect to any device that has a 3.5 mm audio output jack.
The RTX 2.0 hub is specifically designed for use in home audio systems. As such, it will integrate with your entertainment system seamlessly. As a matter of fact, it is one of the most preferred wireless audio devices today. To ensure that you have the best sound quality and minimal lag time in transmission, the product features Dual Channel aptX Low Latency.
3. Avantree Oasis 164 ft LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter – The Best Class 1 Bluetooth Range ExtenderWith the Avantree Oasis Bluetooth Transmitter, you get much more than just an extended range. To begin with, this product is not associated with slip sync delays common in many other range extenders within this price range. Instead, the Avantree Oasis employs aptX Low Latency codec technology. This goes a long way in removing audio-visual lag. As such, it is considered to be one of the best range extender devices for watching movies as well as for playing video games.
In order to benefit from the <40 ms delay, low literacy feature of the device, it is advisable to use a receiving device that supports aptX Low Latency. Not so, you are bound to experience a delay of between 70 and 220 ms. Provided that you use the product with compatible devices, you will be able to get a range of 14 feet.
4. TRAKK ACTIV Bluetooth Bike Speaker – The Best Bluetooth Range Extender for BikesDo you love outdoor adventures? You can now make your adventures even more captivating by incorporating music with the Trakk Activ Bluetooth Bike Speaker. Portability of one of the many features you will definitely love about this product. Having been designed for outdoor use, this speaker features a durable and compact construction. As such, it can withstand bad weather and impact.
In addition to extended durability, the product will also extend your Bluetooth range up to 100 feet. You will find this product rather unique in that it features a bike mount. The customizable mount that comes with this product may be mounted on bikes, boards, chars, tubes and cup holders. This allows you to have hands-free entertainment outdoor.
5. Amphony Bluetooth Audio Receiver/Amplifier Model 300 – Advanced Features & PowerfulWhat if you had a product that could transform any speaker into a Bluetooth speaker and connect it wirelessly? Well, this is now possible with this powerful Bluetooth Audio Receiver by Amphony. The product is specifically designed to connect speakers that are not Bluetooth enabled wirelessly to a Bluetooth enabled device. In this regard, it features an advanced audio receiver as well as a powerful stereo amplifier.
The amplifier/receiver is powerful enough to deliver 2 x 40 Watts of RMS to a pair of speakers that are a connected to it. In addition to being efficient on power, this model delivers a comparatively lower audio distortion, of about 0.04 percent.
Things You Must Know Before Choosing a Bluetooth Range Extender
Weather it is for sharing internet or files, operating devices and appliances remotely or just for streaming music, the use of Bluetooth has been on the increase in recent past.
However, you will bear me witness when I say that the range offered by this technology can be a little bit limiting. You may want listen to music via your Bluetooth speakers outside the house without having to move the player.
In such a case, you will realize that you cannot move the speakers too far away from the player.
To overcome this range limitation, you should consider incensing in one of the best Bluetooth range extenders today. Unfortunately, not all the Bluetooth range extension devices available today are good at what they are meant to do.
Again, there are hundreds of makes and models of such devices to choose from in the market today. This can make the choice a daunting task.
To buy the best Bluetooth range extension device in the market, here are some of the things you need to consider:
Type of Bluetooth Range Extender
As mentioned earlier in this guide, not all the Bluetooth devices available today are built equally. One of the things you need to understand about these devices is their types. Basically, extenders may be categorized into 3 classes, based on the range they offer and their power consumption.
When shopping for the right one, these are the classes you need to consider:
- Class 1 – Most of the devices within this category will extend your Bluetooth range by about 100 meters and have a power consumption of 100 milliwatts.
- Class 2 – These have a power rating of 2.5 milliwatts and will extend the range by about 10 meters.
- Class 3 – If you do not want to extend the range that much, you should go for a class 3 Bluetooth range extender. These have a power rating of 1 milliwatt and can extend the range by about a meter.
Additionally, there are now hubs which allow you to extend your range as far as 1,000 feet. Make sure you research every option available to you before purchasing a bluetooth extender.
Signal Boosting Capability
Range extenders are primarily meant to increase the distance from which you can still connect your Bluetooth enabled devices. As this distance increases, the signals transmitted may weaken. As such, it is advisable to opt for a unit that will boost the signal strength, whilst extending its range.
If your preferred extender does not have this capability, you may have its antenna replaced with an X7 antenna.
Is it a Receiver or a Transmitter?
This is another aspect that can be very confusing while you are shopping for the best Bluetooth range extender. In this regard, you need to check whether your preferred device can only transmit Bluetooth signals or it can receive signals as well. While most of the leading models have both transmission and receiving capabilities, some are purely transmitters.
If the product is meant to be used as a transmitter and receiver, it will have a switch that allows you to choose which functionality you would like to use at any given time. To use such units as a transmitter for Bluetooth signals, you need to use the wired input to tether them.
You should then press and hold the multi-function button for about 3 seconds. This transforms your extender into a transmitter; hence broadcasts signals to Bluetooth enabled devices, such as speakers that are within its range.
As a receiver, you may use these extenders to take cell phone calls. This being the case, you can tether your desktop phone to the Bluetooth extender, in which case you will be able to take calls from the tethered phones when you are far from the phones.
You do not want any delays in the transition of signals through your Bluetooth range extender, right? Then you should check to see whether your preferred device is of ‘Low Literacy’. Low Literacy, in this case, implies that there is minimal delay in signal transfer.
With such a device, you will have minimal lag, if any, between the signals being broadcasted and the ones being received.
Is Bluetooth Dangerous?
As we spend more and more time with our electronic devices, we are quickly learning the dangers of some of these devices. That being said, there are many concerns with radiation from cell phones. It seems natural to assume that Bluetooth would cause similar issues.
Many companies which recommend Bluetooth use state that Bluetooth radiation is too minor to cause any sort of long-lasting damage. However, there have been several studies which have shown major impacts caused by Bluetooth radiation to living organisms.
We recommend you thoroughly read the guide for your new Bluetooth extender. Some of these Bluetooth items restrict the amount of radiation which passes to and from the device.
Can My Bluetooth be Hacked?
Another excellent question to assess before you use your Bluetooth constantly. Hackers can easily see which network and Bluetooth device you are connected to. When this happens, hackers can connect to your Bluetooth device and then connect to your network.
If a hacker can connect to your network, they can send you malware and spam. They can also hack your private information. We recommend that you do not keep your Bluetooth device constantly connected to your network. This prevents hackers from bombarding you.
Benefits of Using Bluetooth
Now that we’ve explored some of the negatives of Bluetooth use, there is another question to ask. What are some of the benefits of Bluetooth usage? The benefits are a short list, but they are also a strong list. They provide ease in your home which you haven’t experienced before.
Bluetooth has many security options. First, it is harder for hackers to find your Bluetooth device if your device is not permanently in discover mode. Secondly, because of the short range allowed by Bluetooth devices, you can feel confident that not many users will be in range to connect to your device.
Finally, once a hacker or other user attempts to connect to your device, they must input a 4-digit code in order to connect.
The ease of Bluetooth is the greatest feature. You can use Bluetooth to connect your phone or other devices to headphones, keyboards, or a mouse. These limit the number of cords you have to use and restrict the number of excess things you have in your home.
Additionally, Bluetooth allows you to move around with these objects, instead of having to stay in one central location. You can even walk around your home with Bluetooth headphones without keeping your music player on your body.
The opposite benefit is true as well. You can connect a Bluetooth device to multiple other devices. For instance, if you have a Bluetooth keyboard, you can use it for your desktop, your phone, and your gaming station. Likewise, your headphones can connect to your computer, phone, or stereo. This permits easy switching between devices and fewer items for you to store in your home.
Our Final Verdict
Any of the leading experts in the industry can attest to the fact that choosing the right gadgets and devices is never easy. This is the kind of scenario you are likely to have while shopping for the best range extender from the hundreds of available models.
For best results, it is advisable to consider several things, including the range, signal strength, type and literacy level of the units. In addition to such considerations, personal preferences will also come in play while shopping for the best range extender.
Whether you are looking for a visually appealing or an affordable, yet powerful product, this guide will help you choose the best Bluetooth range extender.