Bluetooth hearing protection equipment is a set of protecting earmuffs used for sound streaming from any Bluetooth-connected gadget.
These headphones have many functions and are used across the globe in many industries.
You can use them while going to a construction site while working at an airport, or during hunting. The versatility of the Bluetooth connection allows you to pair it up with your phones, tablets, iPods, etc.
Thus, you can use them simply as a set of headphones, as well. We have included a section in this guide that discusses different things you should consider when buying these headphones.
Those include factors, such as brand, durability, comfort, wireless connectivity, and extra features. You must consider each buying factor carefully if you want to end up with the best pair of Bluetooth hearing protection headphones.
Our collection of Bluetooth hearing protection earmuffs falls in the range of $50 and $350. Read till the end to discover the best model available for your consideration.
What Is Bluetooth Hearing Protection and How Does It Work?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Bluetooth Hearing Protection and How Does It Work?
- 2 How Much Does a Bluetooth Hearing Protection Cost?
- 3 Comparing the Top 5 Products
- 4 1. ION Audio Tough Sounds Hearing Protection Headphones – Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headgear
- 5 2. 3M Worktunes Wireless Hearing Protection with Bluetooth and AM/FM Radio – Most Comfortable Bluetooth Hearing Protection
- 6 3. 3M Peltor WS Tactical Sport Communications Headset – Best Hard Hat Earmuffs With Speakers
- 7 4. Gardtech Bluetooth FM Stereo Hearing Protector – Best FM Stereo Bluetooth Hearing Protection
- 8 5. 3M Worktunes Connect Hearing Protection – Best Affordable Bluetooth Hearing Protection
- 9 Bluetooth Hearing Protection Brands
- 10 Factors to Consider Before Buying a Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection
- 11 How to Use a Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headphone
- 12 Using a Bluetooth Hearing Protection for Your Upcoming Project
Bluetooth hearing protection merges conventional techniques with Bluetooth technology that wirelessly directs sound to your ears. The nicest thing about it is that you can select what you want to listen to.
With Bluetooth hearing protection technology, you can listen to any digital media, including AM/FM, podcasts, internet radio, MP3’s, iTunes, and audiobooks.
It also allows you to take your phone calls from employees, customers, or anyone else. Isn’t it awesome that you may experience increased productivity, proper safety, and more enjoyment while at work?
You must know the fact that noise higher than 85 dB is damaging for your hearing. So, if you work in those extremely loud and noisy environments, these Bluetooth hearing protection headphones are essential for you.
How Much Does a Bluetooth Hearing Protection Cost?
Bluetooth hearing protection costs between $50-$750, depending on various factors. This includes battery life, the Bluetooth version, the quality of earcups, and audio amplification.
Our collection consists of the best brands, including 3M Safety, Connex, ION Audio, 3M Personal Protective Equipment, and Gardtech. These brands are high-graded and valued in today’s market.
Comparing the Top 5 Products
|ION Audio Tough Sounds Hearing Protection Headphones|
|3M Worktunes Wireless Hearing Protection with Bluetooth and AM/FM Radio|
|3M Worktunes Connect Hearing Protection|
|3M Personal Protective Equipment 3M Peltor WS Tactical Sport Communications Headset|
|Gardtech Bluetooth FM Stereo Hearing Protector|
1. ION Audio Tough Sounds Hearing Protection Headphones – Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headgear[amazon_link asins=’B00L9MFATO’ template=’ProductAd2′ store=’10bestranked20-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’162c8ae1-ac21-4dae-99f0-837e7cb013a1′]ION Audio Tough Hearing Protection Headphones is a decent tool with which to protect your hearing without going out of budget. It uses a portable design, making it an awesome collapsible NRR headphone to bring wherever you go.
Also, it comes with the Lithium-ion battery pack included. It can feature an AM/FM mode, and it is very simple to connect it to any Bluetooth device. It has a fantastic radio mode that can bookmark up to 10 of your preferred stations for faster browsing.
ION comes with rechargeable batteries that you can use for up to 20 hours continuously. Its charging time requires 2 hours that you might find a little longer; but considering the 20 hours battery life, it is not much.
2. 3M Worktunes Wireless Hearing Protection with Bluetooth and AM/FM Radio – Most Comfortable Bluetooth Hearing Protection[amazon_link asins=’B0146A4SWA’ template=’ProductAd2′ store=’10bestranked20-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6a5919c7-53fe-42bb-b6e3-563c075b107f’]3M Worktunes wireless hearing protection is ideal for people who work in noisy environments. It is also quite affordable. This pair of headphones comes with all the significant features that you will require to both enjoy some music and protect your ears at the same time.
The Bluetooth pairing of 3M Worktunes is pretty compact. It comes with a cord that you can connect to other devices if you want. Furthermore, it has high-quality ear pads that give you a comfortable wearing experience. The size of these ear pads is large enough to entirely cover your ears for optimal noise cancellation.
It also supports AM/FM mode. An easy to use control knob allows you to scan through the stations. However, when you are using the AM/FM mode, then it does not allow you to pick any incoming calls. Moreover, it does not include rechargeable batteries. But it is a good thing that it needs only 2 AA batteries, so they do not affect the overall weight much.
3. 3M Peltor WS Tactical Sport Communications Headset – Best Hard Hat Earmuffs With Speakers[amazon_link asins=’B0723CYHPZ’ template=’ProductAd2′ store=’10bestranked20-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’321c53f9c4d1701e113ebd838dcebc9a’]3M Peltor WS Tactical Sport Communications Headset is created not only for protecting you from loud noises and listening to songs, but also to give you a good communication experience. It allows you to make and attend calls with others in loud, even noisy environments. It uses sound amplification technology to fulfill this job.
The 3M Peltor WS also includes a boom mic that lets you talk to another person via headphones. Since this boom mic has a brilliant level of noise isolation, the other person can hear your voice as easily.
Moreover, Bluetooth has excellent versatility. You can connect it to your phones and listen to podcasts, music, and internet radios.
4. Gardtech Bluetooth FM Stereo Hearing Protector – Best FM Stereo Bluetooth Hearing Protection[amazon_link asins=’B00DHVXBEQ’ template=’ProductAd2′ store=’10bestranked20-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8cc18351a786354b0046b066b27ba836′]Gardtech Bluetooth FM Stereo hearing protector is another brand you must consider when looking for hearing protection sets. These Bluetooth headphones have compact noise reduction capabilities with its 29 dB NRR. It helps you concentrate on both outdoor and indoor activities.
You can also pair them up with your other Bluetooth audio devices or smartphones, etc. It does not support AM but has a built-in FM radio.
If you want to listen to AM radio stations, you can pair this with your tablets, smartphones, etc. One most elegant feature of Gardtech is that it has a built-in SD card slot. So, you do not need to connect it to your smartphone devices again and again. You can save all of your podcast episodes and favorite music directly to the headphones card.
Moreover, the battery in these Bluetooth hearing protection earbuds lasts throughout the day due to its Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
5. 3M Worktunes Connect Hearing Protection – Best Affordable Bluetooth Hearing Protection[amazon_link asins=’B0013092CS’ template=’ProductAd2′ store=’10bestranked20-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4fad140b-2b63-4f3f-a8b5-6864804fee37′]3M Worktunes Connect Hearing Protection is a little more budget-friendly for those who cannot spend huge amounts of cash. It does a superb job in defending your ears from deafening noises.
However, the Worktunes Connect does not support radio mode. But you can always connect it to the internet radio, or your smartphones and listen to radio/music there.
It also includes rechargeable batteries. They can last for up to 20 hours on a full charge. Moreover, it has an auto turn-off feature that is activated after every 2 hours when on standby.
Bluetooth Hearing Protection Brands
3M Safety started in 1902. They have their operations in more than seventy countries across the world.
In 2014, due to their worldwide energy-conservation works, they earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® award.
They have launched and developed a large number of sustainability-focused products, including air-barrier building solutions, energy-efficient films for tablets, graphics films, Greener Notes, 360 Encompass™ health information system, and an energy-saving, LED technology.
CONNEX provides a wealth of experience to its designers and engineers. This experience directs to a cost-effective solution to application issues.
Their unique alloy materials and precision products meet the high standards that CONNEX has established. Their plant drives a quality assurance program as per the ISO 9001:2015 internationally recognized Standard. That results in making their products unique with precision and high quality.
They also deal in heavy spring pins, locating spring pins, ground spring pins, light spring pins, and precision spring pins for locating and fastening solutions.
The distinguishing design of CONNEX products offer solutions not produced by alternative brands for challenging applications
ION Audio is a consumer electronics manufacturer grounded in Cumberland, United States. It is a part of inMusic Brands.
It was established in 2002 to make easy-to-use audio products at a reasonable price. The brand focuses on making these products accessible to more users than ever before.
ION Audio creates and designs Bluetooth audio products, conversion products, electronic musical instruments, and turntables under the ION brand.
In 2009, ION Audio won the Best of Innovations Award for the Drum Rocker. Whereas in Las Vegas, in 2012, it won the award for the Best Piano Apprentice at the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
Gardtec promises to deliver custom wire forms created in world-class facilities, inventory management, quality assurance, shipment and safety stock programs, numerous design and finish options, and are united with international support services.
GardTec’s cost-efficient ISO manufacturing, and professional engineering and design team combine to provide a product that fulfills the demanding customer specifications.
They have been manufacturing, designing, and engineering custom wire forms for several industries. Gardtec has manufacturing locations in China and the United States. They offer world-class manufacturing of the most advanced technology products.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection
Now, before heading to your local gadgets store to purchase one of these Bluetooth hearing protection headphones, make sure you know about the following notable factors:
Optimized Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)
The most notable factor to consider while you buy a Bluetooth hearing protection headset is its Noise Reduction Rating.
Because of its NRR, you would know how efficient the headphones are when it comes to stopping loud noises in your environment.
That is the top reason you want to get this type of headphones, so make sure you determine this first. The NRR of a handset is the number of how much dB it can reduce.
For instance, you work in the surroundings where the noise gets up 90dB during working hours. If your handset has an NRR of 25 dB, it means that it will lower the noise of the surroundings down to 65 dB.
As you may recall, our ears can survive up to 85 dB, which makes this a pretty good choice for a level under the hazardous noise level.
Now that you know the importance of NRR and how to check it; let’s move ahead to the other important features you should take a look at.
As you will be using your headphones for a prolonged period, make sure that it feels comfy to wear them. You should prefer lightweight headphones in this regard. You surely do not want neck pain after the end of the day. So, do not forget to avoid bulky and heavy headsets.
Another key feature you must consider is your headphone’s battery life. You should surely prefer one that can last a full day at work.
Also, consider those that have a comparatively shorter charging time. Moreover, while there are Bluetooth hearing protection earbuds out there that use batteries, the latter also add to their overall weight.
A few headphones guide have a built-in radio, such as the ION Audio Tough Sounds and 3M Worktunes. Having a built-in FM is a pleasant idea so that you can relish listening to your favorite talk shows and music.
Such headphones will not require you to spend more time connecting them to your other devices, such as smartphones, iPods, etc. However, unluckily, a radio requires an antenna, which can result in extra weight added to the earmuffs.
How to Use a Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headphone
Follow these steps when using a Bluetooth hearing protection headphone.
Firstly, make sure your headphones are charged and have batteries and that they’re powered on. The Settings menu is the app in the Bluetooth headphones that is like a slide bar or gear, depending on what theme you use. From this menu, you can set your connections, notifications, and sounds, etc.
You will also find the Bluetooth connection option in the Settings menu if you want to connect your headphones with any other device. Some headphones have a button or a pair of buttons you press and hold to put it in a pairing mode.
Read the user’s manual for specific instructions on how to use your Bluetooth hearing protection headphones. To learn more about these headsets, watch this video.
Using a Bluetooth Hearing Protection for Your Upcoming Project
Searching for the best Bluetooth hearing protection earbuds or headphones set is not a tough process. Keep in mind all the features we mentioned above, and you will end up buying the best headset, according to your needs.
There are several hearing protection headphones out there that can help you prevent hearing loss, as well as, act as a media device to help enjoy your working time.
If you have to work with extremely loud noises, buying a hearing protection headset will help you prevent potential hearing loss.
It’s also best to invest on other protective equipment and accessories, including these top cut-resistant gloves listed here.