As opposed to the olden days, Bluetooth headsets are way more common and useful today.
However, not just any headset is ideal for truckers. If you are a truck driver and are looking for a Bluetooth headset you can use the cabin and while driving, take your time.
To begin with, your choice has to go beyond the cost consideration and into the aspects that matter. So, what makes a Bluetooth headset ideal for truck drivers?
To buy the best product, you have to consider such aspects as the fit, weight and durability of the available models. Again, you will need a headset that has voice cancellation features (Source).
Additionally, the unit should be comfortable to wear for extended hours and have a long lasting battery.
Best Bluetooth Headset for Truckers 2018
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Bluetooth Headset for Truckers 2018
- 2 1. Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset – Best Overall
- 3 2. Vtin Professional Car Phone Headset, Car Bluetooth Headset – The Best Bluetooth Headset For Noise Cancellation
- 4 3. FRiEQ Wireless Earbud with Mic – Most Lightweight Bluetooth Headset for Truck Drivers
- 5 4. Plantronics M55 Wireless and Hands-Free – The Best High End Bluetooth Headset for Truckers
- 6 5. VXi Blue Parrott B450-XT Noise Canceling – Longest Range Headset
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying Bluetooth Headsets for Truckers
- 8 Final Verdict
|Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset|
|Vtin Professional Car Phone Headset, Car Bluetooth Headset|
|FRiEQ Wireless Earbud with Mic – Compact, Lightweight Car Bluetooth Headset|
|Plantronics M55 Wireless and Hands-Free Bluetooth Headset|
|VXi Blue Parrott B450-XT Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headset|
1. Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset – Best OverallMost of the renowned truck drivers in America think of the Plantronics Explorer 50 as the ultimate tool of communication whenever they are driving. To create an ample environment for phone conversations, this unit is designed to cancel background noise. Actually, noise is one of the challenges you will have to face while picking and making calls in the cabin of a moving truck.
Again, the unit features an impeccable design, one that is lightweight and comfortable to wear for long hours. You will also find this headset relatively easy to set up and use, whether you are driving or not. The performance is also acceptable. In this regard, the gadget can connect with up to 2 Smartphones, stream GPS directions and music at the same time.
For enhanced battery life, this piece of equipment features a DeepSleep mode. This will kick in automatically, whenever the unit is not being used. This goes a long way in conserving battery power and ensuring that you get the longest talk time possible from your Bluetooth headset. You will also like the fact that the unit notifies you whenever it is out of charge. This way, you will know when it is time to recharge your headpiece.
2. Vtin Professional Car Phone Headset, Car Bluetooth Headset – The Best Bluetooth Headset For Noise CancellationTired of wearing Bluetooth headsets that are either too heavy or not friendly to your ears? Get yourself the product you can comfortably wear for long hours without any irritation to your ears—the Vtin Professional Car Phone Headset. This product was designed to give you the best customizable fit possible. In this regard, it allows you to adjust the head configuration to your inclination. To do this, you should the metal piece fitted on the headset towards your fancied length.
The microphone fitted in this gadget is also adjustable, allowing you to rotate it to your preferred position. Although the product was specifically designed for wireless phone calls in a vehicle, it offers unmatched sound quality. To achieve this, the manufacturer uses 4X noise cancelling technology in this product. This allows you to get crisp clear sound whenever you are on phone.
The unit comes with a USB charging cable. You can plug this into any USB port and charge your headset. When fully charged, this product will give you about 12 hours of talk time.
3. FRiEQ Wireless Earbud with Mic – Most Lightweight Bluetooth Headset for Truck DriversAs you may be aware, the comfort of the various Bluetooth headsets mainly depends on their fit and their overall weight. For a comfortable fit, it is advisable to go for the relatively lightweight models like the FRiEQ Wireless Earbud Bluetooth Headset. This product features a unique design and incorporates the latest technology to give you the best experience possible. To begin with, this product features EDR and Bluetooth 4.1.
These make it easier for the gadget to connect instantly with your Smartphone or tablet. Again, the product offers an extended range. In this regard, you can use your Bluetooth headset up to 33 feet away from the connected device. The earbuds fitted to this product allow for multi-point connection. As such, you can easily sync the gadget with up 2 different devices.
4. Plantronics M55 Wireless and Hands-Free – The Best High End Bluetooth Headset for TruckersIf money is not a constraint, you should consider trying out some of the best high end Bluetooth headsets for truck drivers today. one such product is the Plantronics M55 Hands-Free Bluetooth Headset. One thing you will love about this product is its appealing aesthetics as well as unmatched ergonomics. Since it is a high-end product, it is designed you to offer you the best features possible.
To begin with, this unit allows you to pick phone calls without having to press any buttons. You can also use the Vocalyst service offered by this gadget to manage your emails while on the go. Such aspects make the M55 an all-round communication tool. Other aspects you will like about this headset include a DeepSleep mode. This mode helps it to conserve power whenever you are not using it for extended talk time.
5. VXi Blue Parrott B450-XT Noise Canceling – Longest Range HeadsetIf you are looking forward to spending more than $100 on your new Bluetooth Headset, this is another great piece you should consider buying. One of the features that really stand out about this product is its amazingly long range. The VXi BlueParrott B450-XT Bluetooth Headset allows you to use the unit from as far as 300 feet away from the connected device.
Who does not like performance products really? If you are into performance gadgets, this headset will give you high-quality sound. The microphone fitted onto this headpiece has been proven to cancel up to 96 percent of incoming noise. As such, you should expect to get nothing, other than crisp clear sound quality from this product.
Things You Must Know Before Buying Bluetooth Headsets for Truckers
Like many other haul trackers, you may be thinking that just any Bluetooth headset device will do. Contrary to this misconception, the right headsets for truck drivers have to meet certain requirements.
The primary use of these devices for drivers is not to listen to music, but rather to aid in phone conversations while driving. What you need to understand is that the truck cabin poses a few challenges as far as choosing the right Bluetooth headset is concerned.
So, do you really know what to look for in these gadgets? Do not panic, yet; choosing the right headset does not have to be a daunting task, even for novice truckers.
If you are looking for the best Bluetooth headset for truck drivers, these are some of the considerations you need to make:
1. Noise Cancellation Capabilities
Truth be told, truck cabins cannot be as silent as the interior of modern cars. As a matter of fact, some trucks are known to be very noisy. This makes it relatively difficult for the driver to communicate via phone, especially with the engine running.
To overcome this challenge, you need to buy a Bluetooth headset that has noise-cancellation features.
With such features, you will find it easier to communicate with other people over the phone, even while you are driving. In this regard, the device will block all the noise in the environment and prevent it from interfering with your conversation. This makes it easier to communicate via phone in a noisy environment, such as a truck cabin.
2. Wired or Wireless Models?
As a truck driver, you can attest to the fact that choosing between wired and the wireless headset is not easy. You may be tempted to think that the wired Bluetooth sets are a great choice since you will be making the calls while seated on the driver’s seat.
Others will tell you that a wired option will do since they will not be moving a lot outside the truck cabin. However, this reasoning is misguided.
Whichever way you look at it, the wireless units are more convenient and effective. Again, a wired headset is not advised for safety reasons. For instance, you may get your hands tangled by the cord while you are negotiating an emergency maneuver.
This can be very dangerous for your and other motorists. As such, you should overlook the cost considerations and go for the wireless Bluetooth headsets.
3. Comfortable Fit
Is the unit comfortable to wear for extended periods? If not, you should not buy it. As a truck driver, you will not be able to wear the gadget when you get a call and then remove it after the call is over.
In most cases, you will have to leave the device there until you get to your next destination, which may be hours away. This being the case, you should buy a Bluetooth headset that is comfortable to wear for extended periods.
To ascertain which model offers a comfortable fit, you should consider such aspects as the weight of the product and its stability when worn. Basically, it is advisable to steer clear of any earbud design. Such a design is more likely to irritate the ears after wearing it for a while or even lead to pain. Many of the knowledgeable experts in the industry will recommend an ear cup design.
Even with an ear cup design headpiece, you should choose one that is neither too tight nor too loose. If it is too loose, it may fall off as you drive. As a guide, the piece should be a close fit such that no noise from the outside can reach your ears. For the best stability, you should go for the lightweight models.
4. Battery Life
You do not want to end up with a unit that needs to be recharged after every call or two, right? For the best results, it is advisable to opt for the units that offer a decent talk time. This is particularly beneficial for long haul truck drivers.
As a guide, your preferred Bluetooth headset should give you about 12 hours of talk time.
If you are a truck driver, do not buy a Bluetooth headset just because it is affordable or because it is aesthetically appealing; looks can be deceiving.
Again, it is not advisable to waste a lot of money trying out many headpiece models that may not work. Get one thing right, not all Bluetooth headsets are ideal for truck drivers.
As a trucker you have to know what to look for in your new headset. Whether you are looking for affordability, sound quality, noise suppression features or a comfortable tit, this guide will help you choose the best Bluetooth headset for truckers.