Beach carts, also known as beach wagons, are purpose-built carts used to carry items around at the beach. The best beach cart will be foldable for easy storage, have 10-inch wheels that can handle any terrain, and will feature a mesh bag for holding items during your beach trip (Source).
Heading to the beach is one of the most enjoyable vacation days that you can experience. It can be difficult, however, to carry everything with you that you need to bring.
From sunscreen and books to food and miscellaneous items, the list can get pretty long. Instead of awkwardly carrying all of those items, or lugging them around in a backpack, you should invest in a beach cart (Source).
These carts have large wheels that are made for use in the sand, and most of them feature accessory pouches to store common items in. These things are great for carrying around large coolers that would otherwise be inconvenient to bring with you to the beach.
There are a lot of things to consider, so before buying a beach cart, consider its wheel size, price, towing capacity, and its material quality. It’s also important to consider whether or not the beach cart has straps to hold your heavier items.
In this article, we will examine all the top-rated beach carts. All of the beach carts in this review will carry your cargo on the beach easily, whether you are a regular beachgoer, or you are just going on vacation.
What All Uses Does A Beach Cart Have?
Besides taking it to the beach for carrying your stuff, you can practically use a big-wheeled big wagon for other things as well. Here is a couple of them:
- Collecting Grass Clippings – As beach carts come with a wheelbase, so you can easily pull them around to collect dried leaves and debris from orchards, lawns, gardens, etc. Some beach carts even come with a hitch joint so that you can attach it to a garden tractor and pull it around to collect debris.
- For Cleaning Chores – You might be planning to clean your house, and carrying each cleaning equipment from one room to another can be frustrating. That is where you can fill up a beach cart with the cleaning tools and pull it around with ease.
- Toy Wagon – If your kids have scattered their toys on the floor, then you might have to pick them up to store them in their place. You can use a beach cart to collect them all at once without the need to make multiple rounds for collecting each toy.
You can improvise such a cart to be used for almost anything that you can imagine. It is all up to you.
Comparing The Best Big Wheeled Beach Carts
|Wheeleez Folding Beach Cart w/ Heavy Duty Mesh Beach Bag|
|Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding Cart|
|Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide Cart|
|BeachMall Beach Cart with Folding Table|
|Gorilla Carts GOR200B Poly Garden Dump Cart|
1. Wheeleez Folding Beach Cart – Best Rated Beach Cart
If you have a couple of larger boxes where everything is stored, you can remove the mesh bag and strap them onto the beach cart. But those who are carrying a lot of smaller items can set up the mesh bag for easy transportation and storage.
The cart has a massive 165-pound weight capacity. That number is more than enough for 99% of beach trips. Unless you are planning on carrying some heavy electronic equipment during your trip, you should not have any problems with this beach cart. You can fit all your beach accessories onto this cart and much more!
The cart includes durable cargo straps for easily getting items strapped onto the base. The tall mesh bag is rated as heavy duty and can go in your washing machine anytime it is a bit dirty.
- Weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Foldable for easy storage.
- Features a mesh bag for placing items during your beach trip.
- Durable cargo straps make it easy to place heavy items onto the cart securely.
- 10-inch wheels can handle any terrain.
- Weighs 20 pounds on its own.
2. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Beach Cart – Folding Beach Cart
Thanks to the heavy-duty steel frame, you can hold up to 150 pounds of items within the cart. It is made of a 600 Denier fabric that is rated as heavy duty. The fabric is removable for cleaning, but it is not an easy process. It will take you a few minutes to get it off.
The cart features massive 12-inch wheels. You may think the wheels are a little too big, but they help a lot when you are moving the cart along the beach. It is very easy to drag or push forward. And the cart design means you can easily dump all the items you need without worrying about anything falling out.
- Massive 12-inch wheels ensure a smooth operation on all surfaces.
- 150-pound weight capacity.
- Cart design makes it easy to dump items and go.
- An adjustable handle allows for even easier transport.
- Features two mesh cup holders for drinks.
- Weighs 24 pounds.
3. Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide Cart – Beach Cart for Soft Sand
Even when the cart is at full capacity, you can move it around with ease. Speaking of capacity, the Rio Brands beach cart gives you up to 100 pounds of weight capacity. You can fit up to 15-cubic feet of items into the narrow, tall cart.
The sturdy frame is made of steel. Durability is assured – this cart should last you for many years. The heavy-duty mesh fabric does come off for easy machine washing. The fabric also dries very quickly. If you get it wet or there is a rainstorm, it will be dry within a couple of hours.
- 10-inch wheels.
- Foldable design for easy storage.
- 15-cubic feet of storage capacity.
- Handle design makes it very easy to move around. Almost like a baby stroller.
- Narrow cart design means some wider items may not be an easy fit.
4. BeachMall Beach Cart with Folding Table – Cheap Beach Cart
The BeachMall Beach Cart is so easy to set up. It folds within seconds and unfolds even quicker. When it folds, it is easy to store away in a corner of your garage or storage room. And when it is open, the beach cart can fit up to 75 pounds worth of items.
The smaller weight capacity may be an issue for some. But if you are taking an average number of items to the beach for a family trip, there should be no problems. And there is the added benefit that you can flip over the cart when it is empty and use it as a folding table! It even has special spots where you can place water bottles or cups.
It features a grey-colored steel frame that is rust-resistant. The heavy-duty mesh fabric does come off. It dries quickly and will last you a long time.
Are you planning a tailgate party at your favorite sports venue? Or you’replanning to enjoy a nice sunny day at the beach. Whether you are going camping or having a picnic, a collapsible wagon can make things a whole lot easier.
- Gives you up to 75 pounds in storage capacity in a lightweight 13-pound frame.
- Turns into a folding table when flipped upside down (must be empty).
- Rust-resistant steel frame.
- Folds instantly for simple storage in tight spaces.
- 8-inch wheels mean maneuverability is a little difficult when the cart is at capacity.
5. Gorilla Carts GOR200B Poly Garden Dump Cart – Heavy Duty Beach Cart
It does not have the same look like a typical big-wheeled beach cart. For starters, it does not fold. But what you do get is a rugged exterior, a sleek black appearance, and the ability to keep up to 600 pounds worth of items in the cart!
The wheels are only 10-inches. The cart weighs around 35 pounds, which means it is a lot heavier than some of the models above. But it is designed for a different purpose. It is for heavy-duty users who need a lot of weight capacity. Perhaps you are taking some musical equipment near the beach, such as speakers, DJ equipment and other items.
- 600-pound capacity!
- The sleek design ensures easy maneuverability.
- Made with high strength poly and a rust-resistant steel frame. Will last a lifetime.
- One-year limited warranty.
- Does not fold.
- Very heavy at 35 pounds.
Why Do You Need A Big Wheeled Beach Cart?
Beach carts are great for carrying your belongings with you while you are outdoors at a beach. They are great for securing items meant for a family picnic, a small party, etc.
With a big-wheeled model, you are getting a sturdy cart that can roll smoothly over the sand, pebbles, etc. These folding wagons comprise of a high-end frame made out of durable materials to ensure safety for the things you keep in them.
Big wheeled beach carts come in a variety of sizes to give you the convenience of carrying things around without causing problems for you. A decent beach cart will also have waterproofing and sand-proofing done over its body to keep it safe from harsh environments at beaches.
They surely can carry a lot of weight in them, which makes it easier for you to roam around on the sand carefree. Some models are quite flexible, as you can fold them when not in use. That way, you can store them safely in tiny spaces.
Which Type Of Beach Cart Is Suitable For You?
Beach carts come in a variety of designs and sizes to suit your purpose. You surely want to select the one that will not only help you carry your belongings but also give you the comfort of pushing or pulling the utility wagon.
Hence, here are some types of wheeled beach carts to choose from:
- Adjustable Carts – If you are not the only one using a beach cart, then the chances are that there could be a height difference between individuals. For that reason, certain beach carts come with an adjustable height feature. Maybe a kid wants to roll it around the sandy beaches, or it could be a grownup, such a big-wheeled beach wagon comes with adjustable handles for convenience.
- Rubber-wheeled Beach Carts – As the name suggests, these carts have rubber wheels that glide over the beach sand without issues. These are perfect for carrying fragile things. Furthermore, you might want to choose a beach cart with big rubber wheels that can withstand higher weight capacities and handle any terrain.
- Portable Beach Wagons – These types of beach carts are quite flexible as they can be folded or dismantled when not in use. As an advantage, you can carry them with you in tiny spaces whenever you plan to go to the beach. Their foldable structures do not compromise with their durability. Some efficient models have high weight capacities to let you carry your things without a hassle.
Things You Should Know Before Buying Big Wheeled Beach Carts
The wheel size is a vital factor to consider when you are buying a beach cart. Big wheeled beach carts don’t just look cool – they are very practical. You get a much higher weight capacity, which allows you to take as many items as you want. One cart should be enough for most families, even if you are traveling in a group of five or six.
Eight inches is the minimum wheel size you should consider. If your folding utility cart has smaller wheels, it is going to struggle to support a higher weight capacity. You may get all the items into the cart, but it will barely move and could fall apart.
There are some very nice beach carts with 10 and 12-inch wheels too! It is all about finding the model that best suits your needs.
Depending on your situation, you may want a cart that can easily fold up when it is not being used. It is very helpful when you are putting it away in your garage or storage room. Some of the highest capacity carts can hold a lot of weight, but they are not foldable. They take up a lot of room when you are storing them or placing them in your car for transport.
Frame and Material
Big wheeled beach carts that are made of a solid frame will suit your needs. The wheel size is vital to a cart’s weight capacity. But the frame matters too. Steel frames are the best option when you are choosing a big-wheeled beach cart. These carts will hold a lot of weight.
Depending on the cart style, there may be some fabric elements too. Your big wheeled beach cart may include a mesh bag or some type of fabric-based bag for storage. It is important to read up on the cleaning process for the fabric. While these carts should not get too dirty after a few uses, you will want a beach cart that you can easily clean for repeated use.
Durability is also a key element for a beach cart. With a steel frame and durable fabric that is easy to clean, you should be able to get a decade or more out of your beach cart. Most people do not go to the beach more than a few times a year. There is no need to buy a new beach cart every few years. Ensure you invest your money in one big wheeled cart that will last you for the long term.
A big wheeled beach cart does not have to come out exclusively for beach trips. If you invest in the right type of big wheeled cart, it can serve you during any type of outdoor trip. Perhaps you are heading to the park for a day. Maybe you are planning a trip to a cabin for the weekend. Such carts are wonderful to use when you are packing a good amount of items and you do not want to carry them throughout your trip!
Think about the types of trips you take during the year. Find the big wheeled beach cart that can serve you during all those trips. Now you can get even more use out of your purchase!
Ready To Buy The Best Big Wheeled Beach Cart?
A beach trip is no fun if you do not have all your favorite items and accessories. When you have a big wheeled beach cart, you can take as many items as you can fit in your car! And there is no concern about lugging these items around, as you can easily drag the folding utility cart through the sand.
If you plan on taking an average number of items to the beach, the Wheeleez Folding Beach Cart is the best item for you. It is a little more expensive than some of the other options, but it has all the features, aesthetics, and durability you could need!
Those who plan on taking an exceptional amount of heavy items on their beach trip should go with the Gorilla Carts GOR200B. This beach wagon’s 600-pound weight capacity is overkill for most, but may suit some buyers!
If you enjoyed reading this, then you might like to check out our other guides that can make your life better.
Leave a Reply