Like many other computer owners, you probably do not pay keen attention while shopping for a mouse.
So, why would you need an ergonomic vertical computer mouse?
Buying the right mouse will not only make your workstation more comfortable; it will also curb wrist fatigue. Additionally, this will help you avoid such conditions as nerve damage around the wrist and Carpal tunnel syndrome (Source).
This being the case, you need to be more careful the next time you are shopping for a mouse.
With so many mouse models to choose from, you should choose a vertical mouse of the right size and weight. Again, your preferred mouse model should offer the right grip, resolution and precision for enhanced comfort.
Key Features of Vertical Mouse Models
Table of Contents
- 1 Key Features of Vertical Mouse Models
- 2 Comparing The Best Vertical Mouse Picks
- 3 1. Anker Wireless – Best Overall
- 4 2. Logitech M570 – The Best Long-Range Trackball Vertical Mouse
- 5 3. Anker USB – The Best Wired Vertical Mouse
- 6 4. Logitech MX Master 2S – The Best Rechargeable Vertical Mouse
- 7 5. J-Tech Digital V628 Ergonomic Mouse – The Best Affordable Vertical Mouse
- 8 6. Sharkk Wireless – The Best Ergonomic Vertical Design
- 9 7. Evoluent Vertical Mouse – The Best 4-inch Vertical Mouse
- 10 8. LuguLake Vertical Optical Mouse – The Best Value for Money
- 11 9. J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Vertical Mouse – Best Vertical Mouse for Scroll Endurance
- 12 10. Sharkk Optical Vertical Mouse – Solid Ergonomic Design
- 13 What Are the Benefits of Vertical Mouse Models? Why Do You Need a Vertical Mouse?
- 14 How to Use a Vertical Mouse Properly?
- 15 Things You Must Know Before Buying a Vertical Mouse
- 16 Ready To Buy The Best Vertical Mouse?
Before going ahead and purchasing a vertical mouse, you should consider these key features. That will help narrow down your choices and make the final decision.
- Performance – Before you reach for your wallet, take the time to check the performance. Look for a high processing vertical mouse. Pay attention to button placement, making sure they can be reached easily.
- Connectivity – If you are a kind of person who prefers the fashioned reassurance and security of computer mouse, go for a wireless connection. There are many options for powering the computer mouse via Bluetooth or USB. This will save you the hassle of recharging your mouse.
- Contouring – The contours can make a big difference in the way you use your mouse. With that in mind, check this feature when making your purchase. Look for the smooth contours for the best experience. Rugged edges are likely to irritate you.
- Sensitivity – If you are a casual gamer, you will want to to check the DPI resolution. It will give you a better idea of the mouse sensitivity. Sensitive mouse models with a high resolution allow for smooth tracking.
- Buttons – Consider how many buttons you want and how you operate your mouse. If you need a vertical mouse for gaming, you’ll want easily accessible and versatile controls. Some people prefer side buttons, while others opt for centrally positioned ones. It is a matter of personal choice.
- Other features to look for – Once you ascertain that a vertical mouse performs well and is comfortable, check the features such as programmable buttons, DPI and polling rates. Besides, you should look for size shifters, thumb rest, and side grips.
Comparing The Best Vertical Mouse Picks
|J-Tech Digital V628|
|Evoluent Vertical Mouse|
|LuguLake Vertical Optical Mouse|
|J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Vertical Mouse|
|Sharkk Optical Vertical Mouse|
1. Anker Wireless – Best Overall
If you are looking for the best wireless mouse that features a vertical design, you should consider buying the Anker Wireless computer mouse. Not only is this product durable, it also features an appealing design. Additionally, this unit is equipped with capable 2.4G advanced wireless technology that delivers impressive performance. As a result, this mouse will offer you relatively high speeds and reduced downtimes.
Being one of the best vertical mice today, this product is designed to cushion your wrist, whilst providing a natural orientation for the hand. This is probably why the mouse is rated one of the best for enhanced comfort and wrist posture. You will also love its quality plastic construction, which makes it lightweight and easy to use.
2. Logitech M570 – The Best Long-Range Trackball Vertical Mouse
For the lovers of wireless mouse technology, the Logitech M570 is another product of choice. The popularity of this product may be attributed to its exceptional design and functionality. To begin with, its sculpted body design is visually appealing and offers the right orientation and support for your hand. This long range mouse is designed for optimal performance, whether you are working or playing games on your computer.
The unifying receiver on this device is one of the most efficient systems in the industry today. In this regard, the mouse allows you to manipulate the computer from as far as 30 feet wirelessly. The device is equipped with an optical sensor that will track hand movements correctly; regardless of the surface you have placed the mouse. Finally, the model is designed to be efficient on the batteries. As such, a new set of batteries can last for as long as 18 months on this mouse.
3. Anker USB – The Best Wired Vertical Mouse
As you may be aware, Anker is one of the leading manufacturers of computer mice products today. The Anker USB is another one of the ergonomic products by this manufacturer. With regards to comfort, this model features smooth contours to prevent irritation. Additionally, its appealing design is meant to offer your arm and wrist the right posture and comfort.
In addition to its comparatively high resolution, of 1000 DPI, This mouse features an ergonomic button configuration. As such, you will find its right and left buttons accessible and easy to click whether you are working or playing games.
4. Logitech MX Master 2S – The Best Rechargeable Vertical Mouse
The Logitech MX is one of the best selling vertical mice today for a reason. With this mouse, you will have a lightweight, durable, functional and visually appealing mouse at your disposal. In addition to its soft plastic, this unit features an ergonomic design. As such, it guarantees a stress-free and comfortable experience; even when used for long periods.
The unit comes with a low-profile unifying receiver for enhanced performance and appeal. This mouse is designed to deliver optimal performance on challenging surfaces, such as coaches, mattresses and glass. Even if you intend to use it on the high gloss wooden surfaces, rest assured that the mouse will deliver optimal performance.
5. J-Tech Digital V628 Ergonomic Mouse – The Best Affordable Vertical Mouse
Affordability and ergonomic design are some of the best aspects of this mouse. Again, this mouse features a relatively heftier profile. This makes it easier to grip and control while working or playing games on your computer. The product is specifically designed to cushion the wrist while allowing it to assume a straight posture.
The unit features two main, left and right, clicking buttons, with a scroll wheel in between the two. These are not only accessible, but also make the mouse easy to use. Additionally, the mouse is equipped with a back and forth button that is conveniently positioned. The positioning of this button at the resting position of the thumb makes cycling between documents and web pages rather easy.
6. Sharkk Wireless – The Best Ergonomic Vertical Design
This mouse offers one of the best features for an ergonomic mouse today. To begin with, the unit comes with 2.4 GHz unifying receiver that tethers to almost any computer type. This receiver is renowned for its fast and reliable performance. Another aspect that renders this unit unique is its auto-sleep feature, which enhances its battery efficiency.
With this Sharkk vertical mouse, you will also be able to personalize the sensititivity. In this regard, this product offers three main sensitivity levels of 800, 1200 and 1600 DPI.
7. Evoluent Vertical Mouse – The Best 4-inch Vertical Mouse
If you are looking for affordability, the wired versions of the vertical computer mice will come in handy. The Evoluent Vertical mouse is not only affordable; it is also lightweight, easy to use and comfortable. Instead of a wireless unifier, this mouse features a relatively long USB wire for extended range. This is one of the features that make the product affordable.
With regards to versatility, it allows you to personalize the sensitivity according to your preferences. In this regard, it allows you to choose from its 3 sensitivity levels. The pointer controls positioned at the side of this device are also customizable.
8. LuguLake Vertical Optical Mouse – The Best Value for Money
While a considerable number of computer owners prefer the wireless vertical mice, some of the best wired vertical mice are also worth your consideration. The LuguLake Vertical Optical Mouse is one such mouse. Although this is a relatively affordable model, it is packed with comfort as well as performance features. This unit features a solid and durable, yet comfortable ergonomic design.
You will also love the fact that this model offers a comparatively high resolution. At 1,000 DPI, it is rated one of the best mice within this price range. Again, the mouse is relatively lightweight, weighing only 5.3 ounces. For an extended range, the unit is equipped with a 5.3 ounces USB cable.
9. J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Vertical Mouse – Best Vertical Mouse for Scroll Endurance
If weight is not your concern, you should consider buying this J-Tech Digital vertical mouse right away. Being a wired vertical mouse, you can save a considerable amount of money by buying this mouse. Regardless of its affordability, this is one of the best vertical mice today. To begin with, most users find this mouse rather comfortable. This may be attributed to its ergonomic design, coupled with its smooth finish and non-irritant contours.
Depending on your personal preferences, this device allows you to choose from its 3 sensitivity settings. In this regard, you can optimize the speed of this mouse to suit your preferred application. The model is also very durable, capable of withstanding 200,000 scrolls and 2 million clicks respectively.
10. Sharkk Optical Vertical Mouse – Solid Ergonomic Design
If you are a right-handed user, you should consider buying this wired vertical mouse. Among the desirable aspects of this device is its ergonomic design. The product is designed to position your hand naturally. Additionally, the unit is gentle on your wrist and palm. As such, it allows you to play games to work on your PC for extended periods.
Being a wired model, it comes with a relatively long, universal USB cable. The product is of high-precision, which allows it to perform optimally on almost all surfaces. it is also compatible with Mac OS, Linux and Windows computers.
What Are the Benefits of Vertical Mouse Models? Why Do You Need a Vertical Mouse?
You might be wondering what the point of using a vertical mouse. Well, take a look at the following benefits:
- Prevents pronation and carpal tunnel syndrome: The traditional mouse models put the arm into an inconvenient position that leads to stiff joints. This makes the lower arm tense up and sometimes results in carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
- Rests your hand: A vertical mouse puts your hand into a thumbs-up natural position – the resting position of the forearm and wrist. That makes the vertical mice beneficial to those carrying out long sessions on the computer. They can also do a good job of relieving arthritis pain.
- Reduces hand fatigue while supporting the wrist: Using a vertical mouse that is ergonomically designed allows your wrist to relax, as the muscle use is dramatically decreased. The larger arm muscles are used rather than the delicate wrist tissues.
How to Use a Vertical Mouse Properly?
Even though you have the best vertical mouse, you may still suffer wrist pain if you don’t use it right. Here are a few tips on how to use your vertical mouse:
- Make sure your palm is placed at the mouse base – Your palm should be positioned in such a way that it doesn’t touch the desk.
- Ensure that the mouse is covered by your fingers – Your fingers need to touch the buttons with no strain.
- Let your forearm move rather than the hand or wrist – This will get you to utilize your stronger and larger muscles when moving the mouse.
- Click gently and hold the mouse loosely – Make sure the mouse is easy to use to prevent straining the tendons.
- Bend your elbow – This neutral and natural position is very comfortable. As a result, there will be less strain and compression to the wrist.
- Take breaks – Do it between gameplay or work to relax your wrist and muscles.
Things You Must Know Before Buying a Vertical Mouse
When putting up an efficient workstation, an ergonomic mouse is something many PC owners today forget about.
Based on research findings, using an ergonomic vertical or angled mouse will definitely improve your wrist posture, without affecting your overall performance.
This being the case, angled and vertical mouse options is simply better than traditional mouse. While this is the case, choosing the right vertical computer mouse is not easy.
With so many makes and models to choose from, you have to know what to look for. In this regard, these are some of the considerations you need to make while shopping for this device:
1. Level of Comfort Offered
When shopping for the best vertical mouse, you need to ensure that you choose one that is comfortable for your wrist. So what makes a computer mouse comfortable? Basically, the right mouse for your wrist should be designed to suite your grip style and hand size. Additionally, your preferred models should feature the right finish/texture. As you can see, the comfort of a mouse is a bit subjective. As such, it is advisable to try out the various options and find out which of them is more comfortable.
2. The Right Grip Style
To ensure that your preferred mouse optional is comfortable, you need to choose the right grip style as well. In this regard, these are some of the main grip styles that you should consider:
- Claw grip
This name describes the shape your hand will assume while using this vertical mouse. This design will give you more control, hence precision, over your mouse. As such, you will find such a mouse relatively easier to click. However, some users find claw-grip mouse models less natural.
- Palm grip
Mouse options with this type of grip allow you to rest the entire hand on the mouse. Basically, it is one of the commonest mouse grip styles today. Owing to the easier clicking and enhanced control offered by such mouse designs, this grip style is considered to be one of the most comfortable today.
- Fingertip grip
As opposed to the grip styles described above, a fingertip grip allows you to control the mouse using the fingertips only. As such, your palm will never come into contact with the mouse at any given time. This being the case, some users find this design more natural and easier to control. However, you may find it to be a little bit tiring for your wrist.
Although most of the leading manufacturers try to make their mouse models as comfortable as possible, you just have to find out which grip style works best for you.
A comfortable mouse is easier to control and click, but is your preferred model precise? Basically, a computer mouse is designed to track the movement of your hand and match it to the cursor movement on the screen. With regards to precision, your preferred mouse should be effective at this. To ensure that you choose a precise model, you should try to avoid such flaws as:
- Tracking problems when placed on some surfaces
- Comparatively low malfunction speed – this is the fastest speed the device can move whilst tracking the movement effectively.
- Mouse Jitter – Often experienced when the cursor moves a few pixels in various directions, randomly.
- Angle Snapping – Whereby the mouse tries to keep your movements straight, even when they are not.
- Acceleration – the device should not move slower or faster than it is supposed to.
Again, such flaws are not the same in all the models and different users may react differently to them. For instance, most of the users find Jitter unacceptable. However, some users may not have a problem with a little acceleration in the mouse.
4. Size and Weight
These are others aspects that you need to put into consideration while shopping for the best vertical mouse. The right vertical mouse size and weight will mainly depend on the size of your hands. If you have larger hands, you may need to buy a larger mouse. This is probably why some of the leading manufacturers avail their mouse models in different size options.
With regards to weight, your preferred mouse models should be relatively lightweight. This will help you reduce fatigue, especially when using the mouse for extended periods. If you are not sure what mouse weight is ideal, you should consider buying models that offers customizable weight.
Ready To Buy The Best Vertical Mouse?
Shopping for the best mouse for your computer today? You need to know that the best vertical mouse models are some of the most ergonomic mice available today.
However, you still need to choose your preferred products from the hundreds of makes and models in the market.
Basically, the right vertical mouse is subjective and will depend on your personal preferences.
All in all, your preferred mouse should have the right speed, sensitivity, size, weight and design. Additionally, you need to opt for the models that are more comfortable for your arm and wrist.
Regardless of your preferences; this guide will help you choose the best vertical mouse in the market today.