The Bauer 20V Drill is a powerful drill that came out in 2018. You may use it to power fasteners into a wide variety of materials. It comes in a fairly compact form. Also, it weighs in at under 3 lbs. The drill is manufactured with a cordless design.
The Bauer 20V Drill can handle everything from sanding and buffing to drilling and driving. A cordless machine, the Bauer 20V Drill gives you all these benefits without the hassle of a cord.
You can easily carry the drill almost anywhere. Its 20V battery aids in its functionality. The Bauer 20V Drill stores enough power that you may use it for even bigger projects. You can also buy additional 20V batteries to swap out the old ones.
Since there are various drills in the market, it is a complicated task to choose from among them. This drill review will simplify things by looking at specific metrics of the Bauer 20V Drill.
We will examine its features, specs, and how the Bauer 20V Drill holds up for users. You can use this drill review to know if it is a proper fit for your job or not.
Bauer 20v Drill Specs
- SKU(s): 63531, 64754
- Brand: Bauer
- Model: 1791C-B1
- Bulb Type: LED
- Contents: 1/2 in. 20V compact drill/driver; Tool bag; (2) impact rated driver bits
- Battery capacity: 1.5 Ah
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion.
- Battery Voltage: 20 Volts
- Battery (s) Included (y/n): Yes
- Chuck size (in.): 1/2 in.
- Speed (max): 0-450/0-1700 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 450 in. lbs.
- Product Height: 7-1/2 in.
- Product Length: 8-1/4 in.
- Product Weight: 2.63 lb.
- Product Width: 3-1/16 in.
- Shipping Weight: 6.90 lb.
Bauer 20V Drill Options Available
Table of Contents
- 1 Bauer 20V Drill Options Available
- 2 Bauer 20V Drill Features
- 3 What Makes the Bauer 20V Drill So Awesome?
- 4 How to use the Bauer 20v Drill?
- 5 User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Bauer 20v Drill?
- 6 How Much Does the Bauer 20V Drill Cost?
- 7 Warranty & User Manual
- 8 Why Buy the Bauer 20V Drill?
Below we compare some of the popular alternatives of the Bauer 20V Drill.
|Bauer 20V Hypermax Lithium 1/2 in. Drill/Driver Kit|
|Bauer 20V Hypermax Lithium 1/2 in. Hammer Drill Kit|
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Hammer Drill, Tool Only (PCC620B)|
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Hammer Drill Kit, Compact (PCC621LB)|
However, in this guide, our focus will only be on the Bauer 20v Drill model.
Bauer 20V Drill Features
- LED Light: This drill includes a bright LED light. It lights up a work area for increased visibility.
- Textured Over-Mold: The Bauer 20V Drill comes with a textured over-mold. That gives you a secure grip and comfort in handling the drill.
- High-Speed Motor: The drill has a high-performance motor to cover all the fastening and drilling jobs.
- Metal Gear: The drill’s gear is constructed to be all-metal to improve its durability and lifespan.
- 1/2 in. All-Metal Keyless Chuck: You can make easy and quick bit changes with the help of a ½ in. all-metal keyless chuck.
What Makes the Bauer 20V Drill So Awesome?
The Bauer 20V comes up to be one of the best models from the Bauer company. Below we discuss some more of its noteworthy characteristics.
- Lightweight: The Bauer 20V Drill has a compact, lightweight design. It is quite easy to use and reduces user fatigue.
- Warranty: Bauer guarantees the Bauer 20V Drill to be free from faults in materials and workmanship for 90 days after you purchase it.
- Cordless Drill: When it comes to the Bauer 20V Drill, you do not have to worry about handling long cords. This drill comes in a cordless design.
- Durable: Due to its metal construction, the drill lasts longer and is durable.
- Long Battery Life: The Bauer 20V Drill comprises of Lithium-Ion batteries that keep it charged for a long time.
How to use the Bauer 20v Drill?
Whether you use the drill for driving or drilling, you must not ignore these basic steps to use a drill:
- Always use safety glasses.
- Also, wear other appropriate safety gear, as mentioned by the drill manufacturer.
- Fasten whatever you are working on to keep things from moving.
- Put your workpiece on a surface, so that you can drill into without damaging the bits, for instance, with a scrap of plywood.
- Use an awl to mark a beginning point on the workpiece where you want to drill a hole or drive a screw.
- If you are a newbie, hold a square next to the drill, so you can feel and see the right alignment.
- Then apply steady and even pressure.
- First, drill slowly and then increase the speed.
- Let the drill do the work.
- If you drill a pilot hole before driving a fastener, it will help prevent the wood from splitting.
- For screws, use a bit that balances the diameter of the inner diameter of the threaded portion.
- For nails, use a bit with a little smaller diameter than the nails.
- Drill to a depth that matches the length of the clasp.
- Use a bit with an in-built countersink to drill the correct sized holes.
- The countersink forms a small depression that lets the head of a fastener become flush with the surface of the workpiece.
User Feedback and Reviews: What People Said About the Bauer 20v Drill?
Before you go to buy this fantastic drill, you would like to know what its consumers are saying about it.
Most Common Complaints
- Single Battery: This drill is shipped with a single battery.
- 90 Days Warranty: Some people find this warranty duration a little less.
Most Common Praises
- Inexpensive: The Bauer 20V Drill has a very reasonable price as compared to its brilliant functionality.
- Incredible Grip: The drill’s metal grip makes it secure and easy to handle.
- Powerful Battery: People who have used it are quite satisfied with its battery life.
- Powerful Motor: The Bauer 20V Drill comes up to be an extremely powerful drill due to its robust motor.
- Charger Included: The Bauer 20V Drill comes with a charger and battery.
- Superb Sound: Some people said that the sound of this drill is superb, and they enjoyed working with it.
How Much Does the Bauer 20V Drill Cost?
The Bauer 20V Drill has an overall higher than average level of power. Additionally, it can use that higher power level to function with lower drill speeds for more accuracy in a project.
Getting this fantastic and quite all-in-one drill under only $ 120 is a remarkable deal. The Bauer 20V Drill’s parts are also very decent for its price.
Warranty & User Manual
The Bauer 20V Drill comes with a user manual for your proper guidance in its usage. The product also comes with 90 days warranty. If you find any defects within 90 days from the purchase, Bauer will gladly compensate for that.
Why Buy the Bauer 20V Drill?
The Bauer 20V Drill has forward and reverse settings. It also includes a variable speed trigger. The more pressure you apply on the trigger, the more speedily the bit spins.
You will also find a high and low setting switch on top of the drill. The lower speeds are for driving, and the higher speeds are for drilling. Lower speed means more rotational force, or power, and torque.
It has an alterable clutch that allows you to have more control over torque. That will help you stop overdriving. Bauer’s powerful motor ensures that the airflow requirements of your workspace are sufficiently met.
The Bauer 20V Drill’s pros far outweigh its cons. Practicability features, like metal grip and long battery life, make for a high-quality experience.
Moreover, the total cost comes out as lower than the alternative drills. Therefore, we will recommend the Bauer 20V to anyone looking for a fairly priced high-performance drill.
Brendan Kennedy says
Congrats on a great article on drills.
I think there are two top 10 articles you could add to you collection sometime.
1) Top 10 drill bits for metal
2) Top 10 lubricants for drilling metal
Both are well searched (especially the drill bit one).
Please check out reviews on TTP HARD cobalt drill bits and TTP CUT-IT, both are proving really popular with both professionals and home improvement enthusiasts since they were launched on Amazon USA