Herniated discs and back injuries can cause unbearable back pain. Over the years, the best back braces have been used to relieve this pain and help with recovery. However, choosing the best back brace for herniated discs can be a daunting task.
To choose the right product from the hundreds of back braces in the market, you have to know what you are looking for. In this regard, you have to get a product that is particularly designed to remedy your back problem.
Additionally, you also need to consider such aspects as the material, size, adjustability, and durability of the material. If you are looking forward to getting the best value for money, you should get a product with the right additional features.
Discussed below are reviews of top rated back braces you can buy.
The 5 Best Back Braces for Herniated Disc
Table of Contents
- 1 The 5 Best Back Braces for Herniated Disc
- 2 1. Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace – Best Overall
- 3 2. ComfyMed® Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M – The Best Lightweight Back Brace for Herniated Disc
- 4 3. AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt – The Best Back Pain Relief for Ladies
- 5 4. Neotech Care Back Brace – The Best Lumbar Support Belt for Herniated Disc
- 6 5. Lumbar Support Belt by Sparthos – Easy to Clean Back Brace for Herniated Disc
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing a Back Brace for Herniated Disc
- 8 Back Braces FAQs
- 9 Protect Your Back Now
|Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace|
|ComfyMed® Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M|
|AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt|
|Neotech Care Back Brace|
|Lumbar Support Belt by Sparthos|
1. Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace – Best OverallAbdomen and back pains and aches may be caused by several things, such as muscle spasms, strains, arthritis or herniated discs. Regardless of the cause, the best braces like the Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace will give you the relief you need.
Over the years, this product has been proven to be effective at combating such problems as lumbar Orthosis and sagittal, as well as Osteoarthritis.
Additionally, the product can help with posture control and back muscle weakness. In its working, the product is essentially designed to reduce the load on the intervertebral I disc.
In this regard, the product features a double layer design. The brace is adjustable, offering you a custom fit for enhanced compression to the lower back and abdomen. This may be attributed to the elastic outer tension straps used on the product.
The manufacturer uses internal molded plastic components on this product. This has been proven to prevent bunching and rolling action in the brace. For enhanced comfort of the patient, the product is made of breathable fabric.
Additionally, the product comes with removable lumbar cushion pads for added support and comfort.
2. ComfyMed® Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M – The Best Lightweight Back Brace for Herniated DiscThe ComfyMed Premium Quality Back Brace CM-102M is one of the few back braces for herniated discs that offer a perfect blend of quality, affordability and effectiveness.
As a matter of fact, the product is renowned for relieving lower back pain resulting from such conditions as a herniated disc, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, osteoporosis, nerve injury, strains, muscles spasms, and loose ligaments.
The versatility of this product may be attributed to its functional features and quality materials. The thousands of users who have tried this product expressed their satisfaction with its customizable fit, comfort, and effectiveness. In its functioning, the product will not restrict your movement in any way.
As such, you will have an easy time going about your daily chores with the brace on. Therefore, you can wear the brace while exercising, carrying out household chores, lifting heavy items, sitting or during outdoor activities like golfing. For enhanced comfort, you must order a brace of the right size.
3. AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt – The Best Back Pain Relief for LadiesDespite its simple design, the AidBrace Back Brace Support Belt if effective at relieving back pain fast and safely.
As a lady suffering from degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and scoliosis or herniated disc, you should consider trying out this product. Owing to its minimalistic design, you can easily conceal the belt below your clothes.
In addition to getting relief from back pain and enhanced support, you will need a product that is comfortable to wear for extended periods. In this regard, the AidBrace support belt features a unique curved design.
This feature has been proven to be effective at reducing pressure to the abdominal area. Additionally, the product uses a breathable vented mesh design for the backing.
In addition to being comfortable, the product offers all the support you need for the back, particularly the lower lumbar. In this regard, it features an adjustable lumbar support. Again, the product features integrated stabilizing support by the manufacturer.
4. Neotech Care Back Brace – The Best Lumbar Support Belt for Herniated DiscHere is yet another lightweight, simple and high quality product that was specifically designed to offer enhanced support and comfort.
With regards to design, the Neotech Care Back Brace is truly unique. Basically, the product features a WIDE double pull back support for optimal support of the back.
This unique design ensures that the inner wrap of the belt offers the best heat retention, compression and comfort. The extra strength elastic strap, on the other hand, gives you an additional layer of support and stability.
The product is equipped with an elastic criss-cross strap that helps remove the extra gap between the body and the breathable fabric.
5. Lumbar Support Belt by Sparthos – Easy to Clean Back Brace for Herniated DiscThe Sparthos Lumbar Support Belt can help you alleviate back pain whilst allowing you to move and work freely.
In this regard, the product is designed to allow the torso to turn and twist freely. This may be attributed to the dual adjustable compression straps used on this product.
For enhanced mobility, while wearing the belt, you should just loosen the compression straps. If you would rather get more stability and sacrifice a certain amount of mobility, you should tighten the straps. The flexible elastic mesh design of the product, along with its breathable fabric, makes it comfortable to wear for a long time.
The product is equipped with a heavy-duty Velcro fastening mechanism. This will secure the belt in place and ensure that it remains there throughout the day.
Things You Need to Know Before Choosing a Back Brace for Herniated Disc
Just as is the case with many other medical products, not all the back braces in the market are best suited for your needs. In order to buy the best one, you need to know what to look for in these products.
In this regard, here are some of the main considerations you should make while shopping for the best back brace.
1. Type of Braces
Back pain may be caused by several things. This being the case, the right back brace should be specifically designed to address the problem causing your back pain.
As you may have learned so far, there are several types of back braces and back strengtheners available today. Based on your particular back problem, here are some of the back brace types you should consider:
- Braces Meant for Spinal Issues
Some of the commonest spinal problems in humans today include scapular, kyphoscoliosis and kyphosis. If you are suffering from such a problem, you need to look for braces that are specifically designed to correct spinal problems. Such braces need to be worn at least three to four hours a day for the best results.
- Lower Spinal Problem Braces
Such back braces include the ones meant for patients suffering from herniated discs, scoliosis, and sciatica. Most of the best back braces for herniated discs come with adjustable straps. As such, these products are known to offer patients a custom fit.
- Upper Back Posture Braces
If you are suffering from a back or shoulder injury, you should go for braces that will help with upper back posture. Since these braces are meant to improve posture, they are also recommended for people who sit for long hours regularly. The braces are also a great choice for people suffering from a clavicular fracture.
The right-back braces for herniated discs should be made of high-quality materials. Each of the materials used to make these products today has a particular set of benefits and downfalls to offer. As such, these are some of the aspects you should consider while selecting the right brace material:
- Ease of Cleaning – Basically, you have to clean your braces from time to time. As such, it is advisable to buy a material that is easy to clean. Materials like nylon, rubber, and polyester are relatively easier to clean.
- Durability – Your preferred braces should be made of a material that is tough enough to withstand wear and tear. Particularly, you need to pay attention to elastic materials. These should be made of a material that can retain its elasticity over time.
Anything that comes with straps can be irritating if it is too loose, too tight, or too abrasive. The same goes for back braces. You will want the straps are comfortable yet tight and not too loose to give you the necessary support.
Straps are supposed to provide consistent support to those wanting to relieve stress after a spinal injury or improve their posture. However, straps aren’t necessary for everyone. If you need lower-back support for heavy lifting, then you can wear a back brace without straps.
4. Additional Features
The various back brace brands in the market offer different functional features in their products. While choosing the right braces for herniated discs, you should try to get the best value for money.
However, your choice of the right brace features should also be determined by the problem you are trying to correct. In this regard, here are some of the features you may consider:
- Adjustability – your preferred product should be adjustable. Such a product will help you customize the fit for enhanced comfort. In this regard, most of the leading brands offer elastic straps on their braces.
- Inserts – the best braces for herniated discs should offer enough support and be comfortable to wear for extended periods. In this regard, products that come with hard inserts will come in handy. The inserts should be made of a durable material like plastic or metal.
- Additional Padding – Some of the leading back brace brands today offer additional padding in their products. Padding not only makes the product more comfortable to wear; it also improves support.
Finding the correct size of a back brace is very important, but it is a bit tricky. Braces come in different sizes, ranging from extra small to extra large models. Luckily, most brands offer a detailed guide to choosing the right size.
Finding the right size can improve your experience and recovery, as you will not have to struggle with a too loose or too tight a brace. Make sure that the brace doesn’t interfere with your daily activities.
If a back brace doesn’t fit snugly when putting it on, simply adjust it using the straps. Simply loosen or tighten your brace with these straps till you get a comfortable fit.
Back Braces FAQs
Q: Are Back Braces Really Good for Herniated Disc?
A: A herniated disc may give rise to chronic or acute low back pain, as well as sciatica, arthritis, and leg pain. This is where back braces come in handy.
However, keep in mind that not every back brace is really helpful. Only the best back braces can reduce the risk of injury. If an injury has already occurred, wearing the right back brace on a regular basis can relieve pain.
Moreover, it can help you recover faster by supporting your lower back. Best back braces for herniated discs can improve stability by providing the right level of compression.
Q: When to Wear My Back Brace?
A: Be sure to wear your back brace while lifting or carrying heavy objects. It will stabilize your spine and protect your back from injury or pain. If your job requires lifting heavy objects, wearing a back brace for herniated discs is absolutely necessary.
It is also recommended to wear a back brace when sitting over an extended period of time. This is particularly important for persons who sit for long hours every day. A back brace can reduce tension in the lower back by keeping your posture good all day.
Back braces are also beneficial for those who recover from surgery or injury. In this case, it is critical to consult your physician or doctor about when and how often to wear a brace. Your doctor may suggest that you wear your back brace only when needed or all day long, depending on your health condition.
Q: Can I Sleep With My Back Brace?
A: If you feel pain or have any discomfort while lying down, you need to consider wearing a back brace when sleeping. The back braces are designed to relieve pain, and in general, they don’t cause any discomfort.
However, if you aren’t comfortable sleeping with a brace on your back, then you shouldn’t wear it overnight. To reduce discomfort, you can try adding a pillow between or under your knees.
Protect Your Back Now
As you may be aware, lower back pain is often caused by herniated or degenerative discs, arthritis or muscle strains. Regardless of the cause, the best back braces can help relieve the pain and speed the recovery process.
While there are numerous back brace products available today, choosing the right one may not be as easy as it may first seem.
Your preferred product should be adjustable, flexible and offer a good range of motion. Regardless of the back condition you are suffering from, this guide should help you choose the best brace.