Why would anyone want to roll his or her cigarettes when using a rolling machine can save you time and money?
This is probably why a considerable number of smokers today are investing in automatic cigarette rollers.
So, how can you distinguish the best cigarette rolling machines from the rest?
While shopping for an automatic cig roller, you need to consider aspects such as the size and type of the roller, size of cigarettes they can roll, and whether they are manual or electric.
A top-rated automatic cigarette roller should have a simplistic design, be sturdy, and pack the right amount of tobacco (Source).
Best Automatic Cigarette Rollers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Automatic Cigarette Rollers 2019
- 2 1. Powermatic 2 Plus Electric Cigarette Injector Machine – Best Overall
- 3 2. RAW 79 mm Hemp Plastic Rolling Machine – The Best Manual Cigarette Roller
- 4 3. New Top-O-Matic Cigarette Rolling Machine – Best Automatic Cigarette Roller for Novice
- 5 4. Powermatic Mini Cigarette Injector – Best Portable Cigarette Rolling Machine
- 6 5. All In One Automatic Cigarette Roller & Storage Box – Best Value for the Money
- 7 Things You Must Know Before Buying an Automatic Cigarette Roller
- 8 Our Final Review
|Powermatic 2 Plus Electric Cigarette Machine|
|RAW 79mm Hemp Plastic Rolling Machine|
|New Top-O-Matic Cigarette Rolling Machine|
|Powermatic Mini Cigarette Injector|
|All In One Automatic Cigarette Roller & Storage|
1. Powermatic 2 Plus Electric Cigarette Injector Machine – Best OverallThe Powermatic II Electric Cigarette Injector machine is labeled as the best electric cigarette rolling machine by its industry’s veterans.
To begin with, the roller is electric. In this regard, you only need to plug it in and roll out cigarettes in a fast and efficient manner.
- This machine features a spoon injection system which allows it to achieve an even burn on all the cigarettes.
- It can produce both king sized and 100 mm cigarettes with ease.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- A 100% money back guarantee is also issued — should the unit malfunction within 2 days.
Moreover, two independent motors are equipped in this rapid rolling machine for enhanced efficiency and consistency. It also boasts a microprocessor to monitor the compression ratio and quantity of tobacco in the cigarette tubes.
Lastly, this machine comes with a comprehensive DVD that has all the instructions you will need to operate and maintain the roller.
2. RAW 79 mm Hemp Plastic Rolling Machine – The Best Manual Cigarette RollerMade from hemp plastic, the RAW 79 mm rolling machine is a product worth your consideration.
As a matter of fact, it is the first cigarette rolling machine ever to be made of composite hemp paper. As the name suggests, this machine is specifically designed to roll king-sized cigarettes.
One of the most impressive aspects of the machine is that you can roll filtered as well as non-filtered cigarettes.
However, to include a filter in your cigarettes, you need to place the filters into the machine manually. Likewise, although the 79 mm Hemp is a manual cigarette roller, it delivers impressive results.
The small, compact, and lightweight design makes it ideal for smokers looking for a portable unit. It is one of the most affordable cigarette rollers available today as well.
3. New Top-O-Matic Cigarette Rolling Machine – Best Automatic Cigarette Roller for NoviceThis cigarette rolling machine uses a lever action injection mechanism to fill cigarette tubes. It can produce well-packed cigarettes quickly and consistently.
To use this unit, you only need to fill the tobacco chamber and slip in the cigarette tubes. Then, use the selector switch on the machine to choose the size of cigarettes you would like to roll, and pull the lever.
With its simplicity, this is the best cigarette injector rolling machine for the novice.
4. Powermatic Mini Cigarette Injector – Best Portable Cigarette Rolling MachineAre you looking for an affordable cigarette roller that is compact and relatively easy to use? If so, you should try the Powermatic Mini Cigarette injector rolling machine right away.
Notably, it measures merely 4.25 in x 5.50 in; hence, it is 14.4 oz, compact, lightweight, and can easily fit in your pocket like how a packet of cigarettes could.
Additionally, this unit comes with a cleaning probe and brush for easier maintenance and cleaning. Moreover, this is a relatively powerful roller that can roll both king-sized and 100 mm cigarettes.
5. All In One Automatic Cigarette Roller & Storage Box – Best Value for the MoneyWhat if you had a cigarette rolling machine that can roll and then store your cigarettes? The all in one automatic cigarette rolling machine by Premium life does just that.
Despite being a two-in-one product, it features a fairly compact design and measures 5.12 in x 3.54 in x 3.15 in.
Additionally, it is also affordable and presents you with a variety. Likewise, you can choose from several lid designs for the product.
Things You Must Know Before Buying an Automatic Cigarette Roller
Based on where you live, rolling your own cigarettes can be cheaper than buying them from the shop. This may be the reason why automatic cigarette rollers have been gaining popularity in recent years.
Currently, there are numerous brands and models of automatic rolling machines in the market. As such, choosing the right unit for your needs can be a daunting task.
To have a fruitful search for the best automatic cigarette roller, you need to consider the following aspects:
1. The Type of Automatic Cigarette Roller
While there are numerous brands and models of these machines in the market, classifying them would make your search easier.
Based on their mechanism, cigarette rolling machines may be grouped into three broad categories, as discussed below:
If it is your first time to roll cigarettes, this may not be the right choice. As the name suggest, you actually need to use your thumb to operate these rollers. Most of the units within this category feature two separate rolls, one for the cigarette paper and the other one for tobacco.
Once you have placed the paper and tobacco in the unit, you need to close and rotate the rolls to pull the tobacco to the paper and give out a cigarette. These machines give you control over several aspects of your cigarettes.
For instance, you can decide to include filters or not in the cigarettes you roll using a thumb roller.
If you are looking forward to producing evenly packed and professionally-looking cigarettes, you should get an injector cigarette roller. As opposed to the thumb rollers, injector cigarette rollers feature a spring.
This spring allows the unit to push tobacco from its hopper into the cigarette tube. Once the cigarette paper is full, the roller will give a complete cigarette through its nozzle.
While these may be easier to use, most of the injector rollers can only work with filtered cigarette tubes. As such, you cannot produce cigarettes that do not have filters using this model.
Glock-Style Injector Cigarette Rollers
These are basically injector cigarette rolling machines in design. However, the various glock-style rollers do not have handles. This being the case, you need to pull the top backwards–in a ‘glock-style’ manner—to operate them.
The main advantage of such units is that they are relatively cheaper to buy.
Other than that, they are not superior to conventional injector cigarette rollers in any way. However, the Glock-style automatic cigarette rollers are relatively hard to use.
2. Tabletop Vs. Hand Held Cigarette Rollers
The main consideration, in this case, would be the size of the cigarette rolling machine. In this regard, the various hand-held rollers are relatively smaller—most of them are small enough to fit into your pockets.
Owing to their smaller size, such units are also cheaper to buy. However, most of the hand-held automatic cigarette rollers are not that durable.
Tabletop cigarette rollers, on the other hand, are comparatively large in size. Most of the best brands in this category are built sturdier.
If you are looking for a very durable unit to use at home, you should consider buying the best tabletop rollers in the market today.
3. Manual or Electronic Cigarette Roller?
The various manual cigarette rollers are fitted with a handle or lever. You need to operate this handle/lever to inject tobacco into the cigarette tube. These are some of the most affordable rollers today. With a manual roller, you do not need to plug into electricity to roll cigarettes.
Again, these units are less sensitive to the amount tobacco used in each cigarette. Since you have to pull the lever to operate these rollers, they are considered to be relatively cumbersome to operate.
Electronic cigarette rollers, on the other hand, use electricity to inject tobacco into cigarette tubes. As such, they are relatively easier to operate.
Since you will not be operating any handles, these units are also very fast. However, electronic cigarette rollers are relatively expensive to buy.
Again, the hopper in these units will jam whenever it is overfilled. When this happens, you need to clear the hopper before you can use the unit again.
4. Cigarette Size
What if you would like to smoke king-sized cigarettes? While shopping for the right roller, you should also consider the size of cigarettes it can make.
While there are models that are specifically designed to produce 100 mm cigarettes or King sized (84 mm) cigarettes, there are some that can roll both. This is mainly determined by the tobacco chamber on the roller.
In this regard, automatic cigarette rollers with a shorter tobacco chamber can only roll king size cigarettes. If you are looking for a model that can roll both sizes, you should go for the ones with a 100 mm chamber that can be partitioned.
Our Final Review
Rolling your own cigs will give you control over the cigarettes you make and save you money. However, you need to be careful while choosing the right unit for your needs.
With the considerations discussed in this guide, choosing the right cigarette roller does not have to be that hard.
If you do not have the time to sample the hundreds of models and brands in the market, you can just choose any of the five units reviewed above.