Water is an essential part of every family’s diet. It is needful for hydration and body cleansing; washing away toxins, leaving us healthier and stronger. In addition, frequent intake supports digestion hence prevents resulting lifestyle diseases.
Unfortunately, the water we access from taps is very acidic and therefore has poor taste and discourages us from taking sufficient water. Alkaline Water Pitchers are a solution to this challenge (Source).
What Are Alkaline Water Pitchers?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Alkaline Water Pitchers?
- 2 Best Alkaline Water Pitchers 2019
- 3 1. Dragonn PH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Alkaline Water Filter
- 4 2. Santevia Water Systems Blue Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Priced Water Pitcher
- 5 3. Lake Industries 2.5 Liters Alkaline Water Pitcher –Best Alkaline Water Pitcher for Travel
- 6 4. EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Family Water Pitcher
- 7 5. The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher – Made with Harmless Plastic
- 8 What Are The Benefits of An Alkaline Water Pitcher?
- 9 What Do I Need To Consider While Buying An Alkaline Water Pitcher?
- 10 Facts You Need To Know About Alkaline Water Pitchers
- 11 Best Alkaline Water Pitchers – Final Review
An alkaline water Pitcher is an easy to use home appliance that helps filter the tap water and make it better for drinking, cooking and other household uses. It does this by filtering the contaminants, reducing acidity and increasing alkalinity.
Normal tap water has a pH (potential of hydrogen) of 7 and below, it’s normally contaminated with pollutants such as chlorine, fluoride and heavy metals. It also contains minerals and trace elements. A PH of 7 is considered the neutral state.
When water is filtered through alkaline elements, it goes through a process referred to as ionization or micro-clustering. This reduces its molecules in quantity and size, increasing the pH levels to between 7.5 and 10.
Best Alkaline Water Pitchers 2019
|DRAGONN PH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher|
|Santevia Water Systems Blue Alkaline Water Pitcher|
|Lake Industries 2.5 Liters Alkaline Water Pitcher|
|EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Family Water Pitcher|
|Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher by Wellblue|
1. Dragonn PH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Alkaline Water FilterDragonn Alkaline Water Pitcher is mostly recommended for its powerful ability to clear antioxidants from water. It uses a multi-level cartridge which has resin mineral balls, tourmaline and carbon. These help in purifying and improving the taste of water.
A Dragonn Alkaline Water Pitcher has a high ability to clean toxins and raise pH levels up to 9.5 using strong antioxidants. In addition, it reduces bad smell in water, chorine and metals.
As long as it is well maintained, it has a capacity to filter 31/2 liters of water at a go for a period of two months. After that, you will need to replace the filter in order to get quality alkaline water.
The Dragonn PH Alkaline Water Pitcher is easy to use and is also recommended for travel.
2. Santevia Water Systems Blue Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Priced Water PitcherAlkaline Water made with a Santevia Water Systems Pitcher tastes great and has more minerals. This water pitcher has enhanced ability to raise pH levels. It’s affordable and very convenient.
Ideally, a great Alkaline Water Pitcher should increase the pH levels up to 9.3. This hand-held Alkaline water Pitcher not only enriches your water, it also minimizes chlorine and fluoride levels.
Santevia water Systems Blue Alkaline Water Pitcher is easy to use and fits perfectly in your fridge. A few people also use it for travel and camping. It allows filtering up to 31/2 liters at a time.
Among its features is the countdown clock that helps you keep track of filter usage. On day sixty, it will alert you to replace.
3. Lake Industries 2.5 Liters Alkaline Water Pitcher –Best Alkaline Water Pitcher for TravelThe Lake Industries Alkaline Water Pitcher is one of the smallest but most sought after Alkaline water Pitchers. It has a capacity of two and a half liters and uses a seven-level cartridge to filter water.
This slim seven-stage water filter has carbon, mineral balls, tourmaline and ion exchange resin. These combined enable it to remove almost all the heavy metals, smell and chlorine in tap water.
This Alkaline Water Pitcher has an appealing design and can easily fit in any fridge. Its lid is easy to fill hence simplifying the refill process.
After filtering, the water PH levels increase from 7.0 to 9.0 while using this Alkaline Pitcher.
Because of its size, users find it perfect for travelling and camping.
4. EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best Family Water PitcherThe 3.5L EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher is ideal for a family. It’s beautiful; firm and portable. It uses a six level filter cartridge to lower chlorine, heavy water metals, fluoride and other toxins.
This Alkaline Water Pitcher produces delicious natural tasting water. It also adds minerals to the water and increases water PH levels to a range of 8.5 to 10.
EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher also known as EHM Alkaline Mineral Water Ionizer effectively reduces the molecules content in water. The resulting water has improved taste and is easier to absorb because it has reduced level of acids.
This Pitcher is affordable and very effective. If your prefer your water at room temperature, you can it as a storage container.
5. The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher – Made with Harmless PlasticThe Alkaline plus PH Ionizer Water Pitcher is made with harmless (AS & ABS) plastic. With a height of 11.5”, it’s famous for being easily portable.
If you are looking for an Alkaline water Pitcher that will outlast its price, this is your best option.
The pitcher will allow you to effectively filter one and a half liters of water at a time through dynamic carbon filters. It permanently gets rid of the heavy water metals for example copper, aluminum and lead. Further, it eliminates chlorine, odor, and other crude impurities.
Unfortunately, the Alkaline plus PH Ionizer is not able to clear all the fluoride in water. Nevertheless, its filter cartridge helps to clear zinc and other water contaminating toxins.
What Are The Benefits of An Alkaline Water Pitcher?
- It helps in increasing water pH level; otherwise known as alkalinity. This reduces the acidity level in water and helps maintain a good pH balance. Our bodies produce lots of acid when subjected to stress, long working hours or insufficient body nutrients. Taking un-filtered water only increases the acidity in the body making it struggle to maintain the recommended pH balance.
Additionally, modern foods and drinks for example sodas are highly acidic. An Alkaline Water Pitcher improves your life by ensuring your water intake does not add acidity. It should add alkalinity in the body hence improved pH balance.
- Improve the taste of water. Did you know that filtered water does not have that metallic taste that tap water (Commonly referred to as hard water) has? Instead, it’s sweet and enjoyable to drink. Instantly made beverages, such as coffee & chocolate also taste so much better.
- Using a pitcher is more affordable than buying bottled alkaline water. The recommended water intake for an adult per day is two liters. If you were to buy bottled alkaline water for each person in your house, the budget will most likely be un-manageable.
An Alkaline water pitcher will only cost you while buying and probably while changing filters (which is normally after two months. You will get high quality alkaline water at a cheaper price and without limitations.
- Using Alkaline Water Pitchers is environment friendly. Have you ever wondered where all those plastic bottles we use go? They are not disposable yet billions of them are used daily by users who don’t care what happens to them after they put them in the dustbin. Some go to our oceans and lakes harming our sea animals yet there is no perfect way of disposing them.
You can only reduce the number by acquiring an Alkaline Water Pitcher and purifying your own water.
What Do I Need To Consider While Buying An Alkaline Water Pitcher?
- The number of users. The first thing you need to consider is the size of your family or office staff or community. Feel free to select from the stores a suitable capacity. Most family size Pitchers are 3.5L on average.
There are those that can handle a capacity for communities, and those that only fit a single person.
- Your storage Space. Filtered water can last up to a week if stored in the fridge. Most people chose filters that can fit in their fridge properly. If not stored in a fridge, the water loses its alkalinity gradually therefore; users either filter water every few hours or they filter and store in the fridge for longer lasting benefits.
- The price. The price is highly dependent on the materials used on the pitcher. Generally; stainless steel pitchers tend to cost more than plastic made pitchers.
- Filter life span. It’s recommended that a filter that is in consistent use be changed after two months. The gauge that comes with the alkaline pitcher is set to count from 60 days downwards and should alert you when it’s time to change. If you are not using a timer, you can use a physical calendar as a reminder.
- Availability of spares. Alkaline Pitcher accessories can also wear out. As a precaution, buy a pitcher that you can get replacements easily. Filters require changing every two months; where will you get them from?
Facts You Need To Know About Alkaline Water Pitchers
- All Alkaline Water Pitchers work best while moist. They are made for consistent use and tend to under-perform while dry. You still get results but not as good as when the pitcher stays moisturized.
- They are two ways of keeping the pitcher moisturized.
- You can avoid filtering all the water at once and filter in intervals. For example, you can filter a liter every hour or two hours. This will ensure that the filter stays wet and therefore more effective.
- You can keep the pitcher in a zip-lock bag when not in use. There will minimal chances of it drying and that can help you get great results through out. This can only work for less than a day.
- While filtering one to two gallons a day, a filter will last you at most two months. It’s okay to use a calendar reminder for the replacement if the timer is not available.
- The timer on the pitcher is more of a decoration or a convenience tool. It does not necessarily guarantee effectiveness of the pitcher. It’s also electronic and should not be exposed to water.
- In case condensation occurs inside the timer, it’ll cause a short and render it useless.
- It’s okay for the filter to dry up. In case it does, before using it, moisturize it for between half an hour to an hour, this is because the magnesium inside the filter gives you best results while completely moist.
- Water sources can also determine how effective an Alkaline Pitcher will be. Most 3rd world citizens depend on reverse osmosis water. This means that the water has no mineral content. In this case, the minerals in the filter condense faster than in tap water. This does not mean that the water is not fit for drinking.
Best Alkaline Water Pitchers – Final Review
There are various species of Alkaline Water Pitchers s but one question remains; did it serve the purpose?
Our vote for the best pitcher goes to The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher. The WellBlue filter is easy to use, perfect for travel, long lasting and efficient.
This pitcher makes the water taste good and raises the pH level to between 9.5 and 10. It works as a water ionizer as well as a filter. It makes a perfect family gift and definitely saves you money as compared to buying bottled alkaline water.
Forget about the foul smell and taste, this pitcher has an above average ability to clear that up. The filtered water feels smooth and soothes the skin
Now you have all the information you need. What’s your take?