Admit it, there’s nothing more exciting than listening to music in your vehicle. But what’s most important is that the sound needs to be spot-on for you to truly enjoy whatever music you’re listening.
If you’re considering to purchase 4×6 speakers, you should know they are also ideal for various cars, jeeps, vans, and even some boats. While some might not be amazing for bass output, they are certainly compact and able to produce crisp and solid audio.
Finding a good 4×6 speaker for your car might not be too difficult, but it certainly will take some research. You should consider every feature before buying these types of speakers, such as build, quality of sound, bass, frequency, compatibility with your car, and more.
We are here to guide you through each product. We’ll break down the features as well, so you can make an informed purchase.
Best 4×6 Speakers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 4×6 Speakers 2019
- 2 1. JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Best Overall
- 3 2. Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers – Best Durability
- 4 3. Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker – Best Small Size Speakers
- 5 4. Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System – Best on Budget
- 6 5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers – Best for Most Cars
- 7 Things You Need To Know Before Purchasing 4×6 Speakers
- 8 Our Final Review
|JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker|
|Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers|
|Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker|
|Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System|
|Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers|
1. JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Best OverallTo start with this amazing product, these powerful speakers are ideally built to be placed in any sort of vehicle – including large cars and jeeps. Its sound is incredibly crisp, and matches the sound of the front speakers of any car without issue, even if you decide to keep the factory speakers on the front.
To add further, the speakers use a mid-bass, which make them an ideal product regardless of the type of music you like to listen to. It is capable to produce high-quality sounds for any music genre making it the best 4×6 speakers with good bass for rock, electronica or even classical music.
You can improve sound quality by mounting amps on these speakers, too, but you’ll get high-quality audio regardless. Additionally, the tweeter comes with an adjustable angle that you can easily move for sound projection improvement.
Lastly, these speakers are also great at complementing complex stereo systems. Hence, if you have a ton of speakers set up in your car but you feel like you need to add something more, these might be exactly what you’re looking for.
2. Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers – Best DurabilityThis one is also considered as one of the best car speakers available in the market. These speakers are highly resistant and built to last. To cement that, they come with waterproof inner and outer surrounds, which make them ideal for all-terrain vehicles and some boats.
Ideally, they are also very easy to install. They don’t require you to take a long time setting everything up; you should be good to go within less than an hour. In certain jeeps and cars, you might need to enlarge the holes on the edges, but this isn’t too much of a common issue.
Additionally, the lows on these speakers are very good. In fact, these might be ideal for jeeps and wide cars with an empty interior. The sound projection is top-notch, and it feels like these speakers make the best out of the available space in the inside of your vehicle.
However, keep in mind that if you’re going to get adapters for these speakers, you might want to install them first before setting everything up. They can be quite difficult to disarm.
3. Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker – Best Small Size SpeakersThe TS-G4645R are one of Pioneer’s best budget speakers on the market. They work best when set up inside a car, so they are ideal if you’re looking for the best 4×6 component speakers.
For practicality, they also come with every piece of hardware that you need to properly mount them, which makes setting them up easier than you think.
On the downside, the design isn’t this product’s strongest feature. For quite some time, Pioneer has used the same design; hence, potential buyers might not be entirely pleased with it.
In any case, however, the sound quality is very good – especially for the price you’re paying for them. On the other hand, if you’re a fan of bass-heavy music genre, you might want to stay away from these speakers. They offer no bass.
Overall, they are a great replacement of stock speakers usually included in most cars. If you’re planning on buying these to replace your old car speakers, you’ll certainly end up pleased with its performance.
4. Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System – Best on BudgetWe know some people would rather not spend a lot of money for buying car speakers. These speakers are incredibly cheap yet surprisingly do a decent job at producing decent quality sound.
Hence, if you’re looking for speakers, these could be your go-to option. Pyle makes some cheap but still very decent equipment. If you own factory speakers from any car manufactured up to the year 2000, these speakers will be an upgrade on what you already have installed.
On the other hand, if you already own another pair of speakers and want to replace them, these might not be ideal for you. You’re likely going to notice the difference in quality.
However, if you want to use them at home, it can perform as good speakers to listen to almost any kind of music.
Consequently, they are easy to install and their build quality is incredibly good, considering their low price.
5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers – Best for Most CarsThe RockFord Fosgate Punch P1462 promises high-quality and relatively affordable speakers that sound amazing when you install them in your car. Its design makes it easy to fit into almost any type of door and sound compartment in most vehicles.
It boasts a well-balanced sound system alongside a solid body build. In addition to that, the bass of these speakers is so powerful that you might even want to turn it down. Hence, if you’re into heavy-bass music, these speakers might be what you’re looking for.
On the other hand, if you’re an extreme audiophile, you might find them lacking in certain aspects, particularly the lows. However, overall, they offer a very well-balanced sound that should satisfy any music fan’s needs.
Finally, these speakers are heavy, but not in a bad way. As mentioned earlier, build is incredibly sturdy and it feels like the product is made to last for a long time without needing repair or adjustment.
Things You Need To Know Before Purchasing 4×6 Speakers
To start things off, you need to understand what a 4×6 speaker is and how different it is from other products. A 4×6 speaker is basically a relatively small-sized speaker capable of producing high-quality audio, at the cost of lower quality bass.
Bass tends to be an issue with these speakers because the size of their build doesn’t allow a proper buffer to be implemented. Usually, the cone is limited, resulting in less bass.
However, these products are ideal to be used in almost any sort of vehicle and in most home movie players and televisions. The sound can be pretty loud and its audio quality isn’t compromised by volume.
Now, here are some factors you need to consider when buying a vehicle or 4×6 speaker.
Look for a product that’s well balanced in every department, including highs, mids, and lows. A balanced audio device makes for the best type of speaker, as it can reproduce most music genres at any volume.
If you are not that meticulous about the bass quality, you could ignore this feature. But keep in mind that high-quality bass often translates into better-sounding music. Most of the products we’ve reviewed today have the best types of bass for small speakers in the market.
Need for Upgrades
Some 4×6 speakers might need to be upgraded with additional components; otherwise, they won’t sound as good. This can be very inconvenient if you don’t have much space to set your speakers up, or if you don’t feel like spending extra money on speaker upgrades.
In any case, every product we’ve shown you today can perform to a good standard without having to use any additional hardware.
Having a speaker with a wide frequency range is often a good indicator of amazing sound quality. With a wide frequency, your speakers will be able to reproduce any music genre without problems. Frequency also determines how good the lows, mids, and highs sound; it’s a very important feature strongly related to sound quality in general.
Often, purchasing a new set of car speakers means that your current speakers are most likely dead. Investing a considerable amount of money in new speakers should be a one-time expense, and they should be able to last until you either buy a new car or simply wish to improve on your speaker set.
Our Final Review
If you’re on the hunt for the best 4×6 speakers for your car, jeep or home stereo, follow this guide and you’ll be able to pick a top-quality product on your own.
We believe almost any of these products will be able to suit your needs, so pick whichever one you like the most.
Take a closer look at each of these products and let us know which one you like the most in the comment section below!