There’s nothing more exciting that listening to music in your vehicle, but sound needs to be spot on for you to truly enjoy whatever you’re listening.
If you’re here shopping for 4×6 speakers, you should know they are ideal for various cars, jeeps, vans and even some boats. While they might not be amazing for bass output, they are compact and produce crisp and solid audio.
Finding a good 4×6 speaker for your car might not be too difficult, but it certainly will take some research. You should consider every feature before buying these types of speakers, such as build, quality of sound, bass, frequency, compatibility with your car, and more.
We are here to guide you through each product. We’ll break down the features as well, so you can make an informed purchase.
Best 4×6 Speakers 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 4×6 Speakers 2019
- 2 1. JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Best Overall
- 3 2. Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers – Best Durability
- 4 3. Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker – Best Small Size Speakers
- 5 4. Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System – Best on Budget
- 6 5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers – Best for Most Cars
- 7 Things You Need To Know Before Purchasing 4×6 Speakers
- 8 Our Final Take
|JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker|
|Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers|
|Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker|
|Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System|
|Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers|
1. JBL GTO6429 Premium 4 x 6 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Best OverallThese powerful speakers are ideally built to be placed in any sort of vehicle – including large cars and jeeps. The sound is incredibly crisp, and it should easily match the sound of the front speakers of any car without issue, even if you decide to keep the factory speakers on the front.
The speakers use a mid-bass, which make them an ideal product regardless of the type of music you like to listen to. They produce high-quality sounds for any music genre. These are the best speakers for rock, electronica or even classical music.
You can further improve sound quality by mounting amps on these speakers, but you’ll get high quality audio regardless. The tweeter also comes with an adjustable angle which you can easily move to improve sound projection in your car.
These speakers are also great at complimenting complex stereo systems. If you have a ton of speakers set up in your car but you feel like you need to add something more, these might be exactly what you’re looking for.
2. Polk Audio DB462 DB+ Series 4″x6″ Coaxial Speakers – Best DurabilityThese incredibly resistant speakers are certainly built to last. They come with waterproof inner and outer surrounds, which makes them ideal for all-terrain vehicles and some boats.
These 4×6 speakers are also very easy to install. They don’t require you to take a long time setting everything up and should be good to go within less than an hour. In certain jeeps and cars, you might need to enlarge the holes on the edges, but this isn’t too much of a common issue anyway.
The lows on these speakers are also very good. In fact, these might be ideal for jeeps and wide cars with an empty interior. The sound projection is top notch, and it feels like these speakers make the best out of the available space in the inside of your vehicle.
Just keep in mind that if you’re going to get adapters for these speakers, you might want to install them first before setting everything up. They can be quite difficult to disarm. In any case, once everything’s done, the results are very likely to please you.
3. Pioneer TS-G4645R 4″x6″ G-Series 2-Way Speaker – Best Small Size SpeakersThe TS-G4645R are one of Pioneer’s best budget speakers on the market. They work best when set up inside a car, so they are ideal if you’re looking for vehicle speakers. They also come with every piece of hardware that you need to properly mount them, which makes setting them up easier than you think.
Design isn’t this product strongest feature, though. Pioneer has used the same design for quite some time and some potential buyers might not be entirely pleased with it. In any case, the sound quality is very good – especially for the price you’re paying for them.
The one issue with the sound quality of these speakers is entirely related to the bass. Unlike the other products that we’ve reviewed so far, these speakers have almost no bass. If you’re a fan of electro music, you might want to stay away from these speakers.
In any case, they are a great replacement for those stock speakers that are usually included in most cars. If you’re planning on buying these to replace your old car speakers, you’ll likely end up pleased.
4. Pyle 4” x 6” Three Way Sound Speaker System – Best on BudgetWe’re including these 4×6 speakers in our review because we know some people would rather not spend a lot of money in car speakers. These speakers are incredibly cheap, and they do a decent job at reproducing good quality sound. Just be aware that you’re not buying a top-quality speaker when you purchase these.
If you’re lacking speakers, these are your go-to option. Pyle makes some cheap but still very decent equipment, and this one is ideal for most old cars. If you own factory speakers from any car manufactured up to the year 2000, these will be an upgrade on what you have.
If you already owned another pair of speakers and you’re looking to replace them, these might not be ideal for you. You’re likely going to notice the difference in quality. If you want to use them at home, they serve as very good speakers to listen to almost any kind of music.
They are also very easy to install as well. Their build quality is incredibly good, especially considering the low price that you’re paying for them.
5. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 4 x 6-Inches Full Range Coaxial Speakers – Best for Most CarsThese high-quality, relatively affordable speakers sound amazing when you install them in your car. Their design makes them easy to fit into almost any type of door and sound compartment in most land vehicles. The sound is well balanced, and their build is very solid.
The size of these 4 x 6-inches speakers makes them easy to fit into almost anywhere. You don’t need to modify anything – all you need to do is connect the wires properly and you should be good to go.
The bass of these speakers is so powerful that you might even want to turn it down. If you’re into heavy-bass music, these speakers might be exactly what you’re looking for.
If you’re an extreme audiophile, you might find them lacking in certain aspects (particularly the lows), but overall, they offer a very well-balanced sound that should satisfy any music fan’s needs.
The speakers are heavy, but not in a bad way. The build is incredibly sturdy, and it feels like the product is made to last for a long time without having to repair it or adjust it.
Things You Need To Know Before Purchasing 4×6 Speakers
To start things off, you need to understand what is a 4×6 speaker and how different it is from other products. A 4×6 speaker is basically a relatively small-sized speaker capable of producing high quality audio, at the cost of lower quality bass.
Bass tends to be an issue with these speakers because the size of their build doesn’t allow a proper buffer to be implemented. The cone is limited, and the sound won’t turn out bass-heavy, as it does happen with other products.
In any case, these products are ideal to be used in almost any sort of vehicle and in most home movie players and TV’s. The sound can be very loud, and in most cases, audio quality won’t be compromised by volume.
Honestly, this is the most important quality of any audio device. If your 4×6 speakers offer great sound quality, you might be able to overlook some of its other flaws.
Look for a product that’s well balanced in every department, including highs, mids and lows. A balanced audio device makes for the best type of speaker, as it can reproduce most music genres at any volume.
As we’ve told you, finding a small speaker with a quality bass can be quite the challenge. Most of the products we’ve reviewed today have the best types of bass for small speakers in the market.
If you don’t mind too much about bass, you could ignore this feature… But keep in mind that high quality bass often translates into better-sounding music.
Need for Upgrades
Some 4×6 speakers might need to be upgraded with additional components, otherwise they won’t sound as good. This can be very inconvenient if you don’t have much space to set your speakers up, or if you don’t feel like spending extra money on speaker upgrades.
In any case, every single product we’ve shown you today can perform to a good standard without having to use any additional hardware.
Having a speaker with a wide frequency range is often a good indicator of amazing sound quality. With a wide frequency, your speakers will be able to reproduce any music genre without problems. Frequency also determines how good the lows, mids and highs sound, so it’s a very important feature strongly related to sound quality in general.
Often, purchasing a new set of car speakers means that your current speakers are most likely dead. Investing a considerable amount of money in new speakers should be a one-time expense, and they should be able to last until you either buy a new car or simply wish to improve on your speaker set.
In any case, solid build quality means that you’ll have to spend less money on the long term, either repairing your speakers or purchasing new ones.
Our Final Take
If you’re on the hunt for the best 4×6 speakers for your car, jeep or home stereo, follow this guide and you’ll be able to pick a top-quality product on your own.
We believe almost any of these products will be able to suit your needs, so pick whichever one you like the most!
If you’re looking for bass-powerful speakers, you might want to focus on getting bigger models with a bigger woofer. In any case, the models we’ve shown you today have some of the best woofers that you can find in 4×6 speakers.
Take a closer look at each of these products and let us know which one you like the most in the comment section below!